The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 49

User Info Menu

Bryant just posted this video. It gives some insight into his influences and build process. The guitar built in the video was the "Ultime" the last NY instrument before moving shop to France. I played this guitar when completed and it was breathtaking- an acoustic masterpiece.

Here is the link

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That was great movie Stevie! He is not at all what I expected. A really cool guy indeed. And the handsome devil who is interviewing him sounds hauntingly familiar..
    Is that you playing? It sounds like you too.
    outstanding clip. It makes me want one. One of these days.
    thanks Stevie.
    Joe D

Glad you enjoyed Joe. Not me playing - but thanks for thinking it was. I believe Pasquale is playing a good portion - the tone from the Trenier Pasquale model is so pure - a very pianistic sound which exemplifies his style.

User Info Menu

Man, I really wish I had the scratch for one of his Broadways. Man, such great work.

User Info Menu

Steve, thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed watching and listening to it, and love my Trenier Excel, an exceptional guitar.

User Info Menu

His laminates look and sound great! The I clarified the price with him and the laminated Jazz special is $7000!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    end credit - "interview by - Steve Longobardi" hmmmm
    see clip at 5:58
    Last edited by JazzNote; 09-22-2017 at 02:22 AM.

User Info Menu

Cool video, background music is great too

if I buy something modern, it will definately be from him

User Info Menu

Steve,

Thanks so much for posting. It touched me deeply. I feel that Jimmy's soul passed the torch to Bryant.

User Info Menu

I think QAman is quite possibly the most knowledgeable forum member we have when it comes to high end archtop guitars. He has stated that Trenier is the only modern luthier who can make a guitar that is the equal of a D'Angelico. That kind of praise should make anyone thinking about a new, luthier built guitar, give serious consideration to Bryant Trenier.

User Info Menu

"I think QAman is quite possibly the most knowledgeable forum member we have when it comes to high end archtop guitars."

Now that Patrick's gone that may be so.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Steve,

Thanks so much for posting. It touched me deeply. I feel that Jimmy's soul passed the torch to Bryant.
    Vinny,
    Bryant is so much like Jimmy - it's sort of like being in Jimmy' s shop when I visit . And I've hung out in Jimmy's shop for years. Same passion , same mannerism and builds same kind of guitar - just amazing . You've got to try one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    I think QAman is quite possibly the most knowledgeable forum member we have when it comes to high end archtop guitars. He has stated that Trenier is the only modern luthier who can make a guitar that is the equal of a D'Angelico. That kind of praise should make anyone thinking about a new, luthier built guitar, give serious consideration to Bryant Trenier.
    Stringswinger,
    Thanks for the kind words- it's you my friend that has the vast experience of which I'm very grateful- especially when you guided me with the purchase of the DuPont.
    When it comes to Archtop's - I've owned every one of the top builders - from west, south west , south east and north east. Being a good friend of both Jimmy D'Aquisto and John Monteleone has spoiled me for sure.

When it comes to Bryant - he is THE guy for those wanting a non cut D'Angelico or the cutaway D'Aquisto . John Monteleone is on his own planet - and his instruments are beyond comparison.

User Info Menu

Very beautiful guitars, I would love to try a Jazz special. I had a Sadowsky Jim Hall which is also built after the D aquisto model. I loved the tone and the playability but hated the look and the feeling of the poly finish.
    The Jazz special on his Website looks wonderful and the sound in the vids is the perfect electric archtop sound to me.

For Europe the prices seem a bit on the high side when I think about a few other well established luthiers, offering fully carved archtops in the 4000- 6000 Euro range, but maybe his guitars are worth the asking prices.

Quote Originally Posted by helios
    "I think QAman is quite possibly the most knowledgeable forum member we have when it comes to high end archtop guitars."

Now that Patrick's gone that may be so.
    Helios,
    Thank you for your praise - I've certainly owned nearly all of them - and have really enjoyed the experience of ownership and sharing that knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by campusfive
    Man, I really wish I had the scratch for one of his Broadways. Man, such great work.
    Campusfive,
    The Trenier Broadway is a D'Angelico Snakehead on steroids. Larry Wexer was at my house recently comparing my 35 ' DA with my Broadway and he was blown away by the Broadway.

Here is a pic of my Broadway

User Info Menu

^ That looks perfect.

So, why did he move to France?

Quote Originally Posted by fabiansey
    Very beautiful guitars, I would love to try a Jazz special. I had a Sadowsky Jim Hall which is also built after the D aquisto model. I loved the tone and the playability but hated the look and the feeling of the poly finish.
    The Jazz special on his Website looks wonderful and the sound in the vids is the perfect electric archtop sound to me.

For Europe the prices seem a bit on the high side when I think about a few other well established luthiers, offering fully carved archtops in the 4000- 6000 Euro range, but maybe his guitars are worth the asking prices.
    Fabiansey,
    I can describe Bryant's Jazz electric as being creamy smooth with a fat , yet soft richness across the fingerboard . It sustains forever and plays effortlessly.

In fact, it's the easiest guitar to play that I own - a real go to guitar. Here is a pic of mine. Perry Berkman is playing it on Bryant webpage.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    ^ That looks perfect.

Mrs. Trenier is European and raised in France. I guess she could no longer keep down American food.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    ^ That looks perfect.

To provide a better life for his family. His wife is also from Prague - so it made sense to be closer to her family . Bryant and his wife ( Martina ) actually met in France during college years - so they have a connection with France .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    Helios,
    Thank you for your praise - I've certainly owned nearly all of them - and have really enjoyed the experience of ownership and sharing that knowledge.
    You sir, are too self-effacing, modest and kind.

Patrick was an enthusiast of all things Heritage.

User Info Menu

Vinny,
    Bryant is so much like Jimmy - it's sort of like being in Jimmy' s shop when I visit . And I've hung out in Jimmy's shop for years. Same passion , same mannerism and builds same kind of guitar - just amazing . You've got to try one.
    Some more parallels:

Similar regional accent.

Progressed from sweeping wood shavings to creating wood shavings in the process of building master grade instruments.

User Info Menu

Bryant just posted this video. It gives some insight into his influences and build process. The guitar built in the video was the "Ultime" the last NY instrument before moving shop to France. I played this guitar when completed and it was breathtaking- an acoustic masterpiece.
    Steve, what was the styling of the Ultime like? Are there photos available anywhere?
    Last edited by FourOnSix; 09-22-2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Grammar anality (addition of question mark)

FourOnSix,
    Attached are a few pics I took when Bryant came by my office with the finished guitar. It was one of the finest guitars made
    in his NY shop.

User Info Menu

Thanks. So beautiful!