The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 126 to 130 of 130

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    LOL! Yeah, probably not gonna get him college chicks. But impresses the hell out of the room.
    Well this guy is married with kids, and launching a PhD dissertation, so he's not got much time to impress chicks! But he sure impressed one of his professors!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Well this guy is married with kids, and launching a PhD dissertation, so he's not got much time to impress chicks! But he sure impressed one of his professors!
    And somewhere on YouTube there's probably video of a twelve year old killing the same tune. There are so many reasons to be humble and just as many reasons to be thankful for these shared interests and the joy they bring.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skittles
    And somewhere on YouTube there's probably video of a twelve year old killing the same tune. There are so many reasons to be humble and just as many reasons to be thankful for these shared interests and the joy they bring.
    Actually so far, no, there isn't. The student didn't really want to transcribe it. He hoped he'd find someone else already having done it and just learn it from the notation. Scouring the web, he came up dry, so bit the bullet and did his own transcription. I hope to record him later this week and post. It's really nice.

User Info Menu

I pray that 1000's of 12 year olds start playing Pass. That can only be a good thing.
    One of the greatest priviledges in my life was playing the guitar. Its just not the same anymore. Kids are finding new things and the instant gratification of the internet reduces there level of patience.

The great music that we enjoy should never fade away. We are doing our part for sure.

JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Actually so far, no, there isn't.
    My quip about YouTube was not intended to be taken literally. Instead, I just meant to remark on the vast talents people possess, especially of an unexpected scale and where we may least expect to find them. This is something to celebrate, including in your student.