The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 107

User Info Menu

I just got 2 of my newer guitars back from Ron Ruggiero and all of them are finally together for a short while - I am going to take in my L5 to get the cracks fixed and probably a couple other for fretwork at some point. He sure is a master at what he does - highly recommend him for anyone who can get to Yardley PA, or send your guitar I guess. But since they are all together for now (except for Skip's partscaster semi that I couldn't resist which is on the way) and I will have guitars out for work being done, I wanted to take a group photo (the basses are on the other wall so only guitars here) and I thought it would be interesting to see some of your group shots too. No rules like it has to be all of them or anything, but the more the better. Being the gear forum and all, I'm sure I am not the only one who likes looking at guitars. Post them if you've got them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I see the bow on the left...so there must be an upright bass somewhere, no?

User Info Menu

Haha - I have all of these guitar stands I am not using so I put my French and German bass bows on one of them. I need to find a better place for them - there is exactly one usable corner in my living room so the upright is in the back left corner if you are facing this direction. Particularly aggravating since it is not with the basses on the other wall - not a huge few but it is probably lonely all by itself over there.

User Info Menu

My 3 ladies in our living room corner

Post your guitar group photos!-22hangedbeauties-jpg

User Info Menu

My brother and I put our Benedetto's and D'Angelico's together for a group photo several years ago. We let a few of these go since then, but it's a cool picture.
    Keith
    Post your guitar group photos!-image-jpg

User Info Menu

glad you took my advice and went to Ron, he's an excellent repairman, I've known him for 30 yrs.
    I picked up my Aria PE180 from him a couple days ago.

User Info Menu

A few of my more jazz oriented guitars (many others, but I suspect not of interest here).

Some of my jazz themed steel stringed flat tops...
    Last edited by iim7V7IM7; 07-02-2017 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Added a few more...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    glad you took my advice and went to Ron, he's an excellent repairman, I've known him for 30 yrs.
    I picked up my Aria PE180 from him a couple days ago.
    I'm glad I took your advice too! After you had recommended him I was talking to my neighbor and he has his old D-18 there for a neck reset after one of his friends recommended Ron to him and then I looked on his website and saw that he does Jimmy Bruno's guitar work too - I remember back in college Jimmy said that the guy who did his guitar work was excellent and Jimmy always treated his guitars hard but his guy always made them feel like new, so putting that together with the other recommendations made it a no brainer. Next in going to take in the L5 to get the cracks repaired and have the frets worked on - that guitar is already a great player so I can't wait to see what he does with it. Thanks a lot for the suggestion by the way!

Also, great pictures guys!

User Info Menu

you're welcome man.
    John Zeidler was a close friend so I never had to worry about repairs as he was the best I ever met by far.
    once he told me that if something happened to him I could trust Ron.
    high praise indeed and it came in handy when John unexpectedly passed away 15 yrs ago.
    I'm certain there are excellent repairmen in NY, but I try to avoid that city like the plague [no offense to NYers] and Ron is less than half the distance and probably that much more reasonable as well.

User Info Menu

Yeah, same with me driving up to the City. A lot of resources up there but Philly is a little closer and Ron ended up being only 15-20 minutes from me. I have lucked out with fine luthiers/repair guys because my bass repair guy is just 5 minutes away since he moved closer and with Ron that close I can basically take things on a whim without needing to account for much travel time. Something that I know is not that common, at least from talking to guys who drive out into the middle of PA or up to the city for bass repair etc.

User Info Menu

Here they are they are on order, but might take awhile....

Post your guitar group photos!-gggg7-jpg

User Info Menu

I bet the timbre is great on those.

User Info Menu

I've been pining for something like those!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docbop
    Here they are they are on order, but might take awhile....

Post your guitar group photos!-gggg7-jpg
    Patience, Grasshopper....

User Info Menu

Post your guitar group photos!-img_2535-jpg

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Just so happens I took a group photo today! I guess I'm a little less arch top orientated than some on here, not that I wouldn't love to own a beautiful arch top like those above. And I do love my Ibanez JP20 at the front - re the often mentioned pickup placement on that, I do have a Kent Armstrong floater I can fit at the end of the fingerboard - I've tried the guitar in several pickup setups, and although the stock pickup position IMHO is not the disaster some feel, I did prefer the guitar with the KA, so will be putting it back to that set up. Anyhow, I digress and waffle on too much, the photo:

Post your guitar group photos!-guitars010717-jpg

User Info Menu

I've got the back and sides when you're ready.
    Keith
    Post your guitar group photos!-image-jpg

User Info Menu

Isn't the green one up front an Alan Holdsworth Ibanez? Hadn't seen a green one before...

Quote Originally Posted by Meggy
    Just so happens I took a group photo today! I guess I'm a little less arch top orientated than some on here, not that I wouldn't love to own a beautiful arch top like those above. And I do love my Ibanez JP20 at the front - re the often mentioned pickup placement on that, I do have a Kent Armstrong floater I can fit at the end of the fingerboard - I've tried the guitar in several pickup setups, and although the stock pickup position IMHO is not the disaster some feel, I did prefer the guitar with the KA, so will be putting it back to that set up. Anyhow, I digress and waffle on too much, the photo:

Post your guitar group photos!-guitars010717-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by archtopeddy
    Isn't the green one up front an Alan Holdsworth Ibanez? Hadn't seen a green one before...
    Well spotted - a 1985 AH10 in Forest Green, which I bought new in something like early '86 if I remember right, from a music shop in Leeds, UK (no longer there). It's been much modded, and originally had just a single bridge humbucker, volume and tone control. At the moment it has a ridiculous wiring circuit with loads of switches (I was going through a bit of a phase) but I have it in mind to make a replacement scratch plate and give it a super strat H-S-H pickup set up, with simpler switching i.e. just a 5-way. I do still have the original Ibanez Holdsworth pickup stored, but currently it has a pair of inexpensive Entwistle HDN neodymium magnet pickups.

User Info Menu

Post your guitar group photos!-fullsizeoutput_f3-jpg

Here's all of the boys together from 2 years ago, except for the Regal dobro and Gibson ES-135 which I subsequently acquired.

User Info Menu

Some great pictures in this thread .. I've sold of my Les Paul recent, so I can now fit my entire guitar collection in my stand.

Let's see for how long .. Gas isn't huge these days, but you never know

Last edited by Lobomov; 07-02-2017 at 12:42 PM.

User Info Menu

This is all I've got (plus a couple of Tenor Ukes):
    Post your guitar group photos!-my-guitars-jpg

User Info Menu

My vintage D'Angelicos for this thread....

Post your guitar group photos!-img_0332-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    My vintage D'Angelicos for this thread....

Post your guitar group photos!-img_0332-jpg
    wow!