The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 42 of 42

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    Just imagine the colour clash if Trump got one.
    This kind of sentence is the best to explain why Brexit is a terrible loss for us in the rest of Europe

Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like ! Like !

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You may be interested in the "Poison Ivy" way it goes in this thread :
    the ultimate in sophistication and class

Green may be OK, but white !

User Info Menu

Bearing in mind I have elsewhere (as a Gibson owner & player) described Gretsches as 'sparkly toy guitars played by people with elaborate hair' I daresay I must now settle down to a fine meal of my own words.

User Info Menu

Narp, it's still revolting.
    Gotta admit, I agree with you. All said and done, it's like trying to change chicken sh*t to chicken salad.

User Info Menu

i love that this guitar was so hideous that it required two threads

User Info Menu

Have you seen these two Green Gibson?-400sourapple-jpg

I've used translucent green finish on a number of solid bodies, with good result.
    But to see it on a Super 400 ?? just ... . seems . . .. wrong
    Oh, the verdigris

John

User Info Menu

The semi hollow offends me much less, but that might just be because there's less of it to look at.

User Info Menu

Bearing in mind I have elsewhere (as a Gibson owner & player) described Gretsches as 'sparkly toy guitars played by people with elaborate hair' I daresay I must now settle down to a fine meal of my own words.

But dude- a GRETSCH looks GREAT green!!! Anti-freeze green sparkle! Gorgeous!

User Info Menu

being the owner of both a g6118t (with two whole shades of green, though not sparkly) and a metric shit ton of hair, i'm unsure how to feel right now. probably sad, because i look dumb and suck at guitar.

User Info Menu

Woah! Now I know: I AM a conservative when it comes to the colours of the guitars.

I hope that the name of the color is NOT 'Grant Green'.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    But dude- a GRETSCH looks GREAT green!!! Anti-freeze green sparkle! Gorgeous!

I think it's the Bigsby that makes it look right. Ha ha

User Info Menu

what's going on w/the backwards headstock logo?
    so it looks normal in a mirror?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    what's going on w/the backwards headstock logo?
    so it looks normal in a mirror?
    I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice. As I noted earlier this was a quick and dirty photoshopped image. I had to flip the neck to match the slight angle of the guitar. I could have reflipped just the Gibson logo, but I didn't; as a lefty I could have also flipped the whole image and had the guitar as a custom-green lefty, but even then I wouldn't want this guitar -- real or imaginary.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by archtopeddy
    I think it's the Bigsby that makes it look right. Ha ha
    Gretsches MUST have Bigsbys. There is no other way. No, don't post a picture of a Bigsy-less Grestch, it is an abomination and is no more a Gretsch than a Gibson is!!!!

User Info Menu

beilieve it or don't, were i to take possession of a penguin one day, i'd prefer it to not have a bigsby. largely so i can have a caddy tailpiece, which is magnificent. my g400 has the giant harp tailpiece, which is another wonder of design i'm not giving up.

but that aside, i'd probably take a bigsby'd gretsch over a non bigsby'd one most of the time. i'm not sure its even an option on most guitar, and i hate the plain old cutout tailpiece. wish they'd just replace it with the caddy across the board.

the new v shaped tailpiece isn't as bad as i thought it would be, but still not cooler than the other two.

User Info Menu

I think you're all being too harsh

If you got it for say £200 or so
    You could remove all the pickups 'n stuff
    and take a blowtorch to it
    Might work ....

User Info Menu

Now that's a good one. Mark Minarik is a good friend, and collects Dodge trucks as well as vintage fire engines. I don't play one of his guitar though, but have been invited out to his shop and to NAMM. I just might have to make a trip.
    Thanks John