The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 51 of 51

User Info Menu

I became obsessed with picks for a while. I've always enjoyed trying different sizes, shapes, materials, etc. I've been playing thicker picks for years (always at least 2.0mm or thicker). I REALLY became obsessed with boutique faux tortoise shell picks about 2 years ago. I wanted a real one, but...... Anyway, I bought and tried all I could find. Pearse, Hense, Django's, JB's, EML picks, etc. Well, I found out about Manouche picks (manouchepicks.com). He's out of Holland. He's a one man operation and is very responsive to emails, questions, and the like. The friendliest guy you could ever want to meet. They are incredible!!! I'm telling ya, I have four of them now, and they are by far the best sounding and feeling picks I've ever laid my hands on. He names them all as well. The four I have are 3.0mm. From L to R: Romino, Django (2 of them), and Eliza. They are so smooth. No drag at all across the strings. They just glide. Rounded/beveled edges. Made of Art Nouveau Tortoise and Shellrin Tortoise Bioplast/Cotton Fibre. They totally feel "played in". I doubt I'll find one any better than these for my style of playing anyway. And they aren't crazy expensive either. Somewhere around $20/$30 USD.
    Attached Images Attached Images What pick thickness do you use and why?-manouche-guitar-picks-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary