The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 32

User Info Menu

1. Packing the tube in the box

Shipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpgShipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpgShipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpgShipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpg

2. Tube box in the amp

Shipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpgShipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpg

To be continue ~~~
    Last edited by 999369; 02-07-2017 at 02:26 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Protection surface scraping

Shipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpg

Inner protection ( hard to fine right size box )

Double bottom

Shipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpgShipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpg

Done

User Info Menu

Very nice. You still will want to double box the amp with popcorn in between the 2 boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Very nice. You still will want to double box the amp with popcorn in between the 2 boxes.
    Thanks !
    Well put in to this box with some picking material !

maybe is too big ( the box ) ? ? ?

Amp top

Shipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpgShipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpgShipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpg

Amp side ~~~

More protection for Bottom corner

Shipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpgShipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpgShipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpg

User Info Menu

Perfect!

Now if only you were shipping that to MY address...

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler
    Perfect!

this amp it's ship to CA in few more days

Perfect!

this amp still available

Why I'm sell my " life time " collation item ( buy too many Guns )

User Info Menu

Well, my Silverface Princeton needs are met with a 'player grade' but very toneful '68 Drip Edge.

But you have great amp taste and equally good gun taste...even though no AR15's in the photo.

My AR-15 ( is in the photo )

1. sig sauer 516 patrol AR15 with scope ( for coyote hunting but never go )

2. HK MA556A1 ( HK MR556 Match barrel Rifle )

3. LWRC AR15 ( LWRC M6IC SPARTAN RIFLE 5.56NATO 1 of 300 MADE Limited Edition )

Last edited by 999369; 02-08-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Well, my Silverface Princeton needs are met with a 'player grade' but very toneful '68 Drip Edge.

But you have great amp taste and equally good gun taste...even though no AR15's in the photo.
    is ok I do not need to sell it , this amp sound is beautiful when I play with Fender 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Stratocaster

I well take time sell some of my other amps and guitars

Last edited by 999369; 02-08-2017 at 12:40 AM.

User Info Menu

The pics of how well you packed the amp will come in handy if the amp is damaged. The one time I filed/fought a FedEx claim I had taken pics while packing and even marked the outside of the box "top", "bottom", "front", "back". The pics and markings showed a correlation between damage to the outside box and damage to the amp that FedEx finally acknowledged.

Pics while packing are also helpful if UPS/FedEx tries the "the guitar was so well packed the damage must have happened before it was packed" excuse.

User Info Menu

Very nice job! Lots of bad packing out there.

If I were picking nits, I would recommend a layer of bubble wrap around the amp before the inner cardboard box.
    Or a thin layer of Styrofoam. I don't think that paper layer is very important. I only say this as a guy who has spent 20 years packing & shipping hundreds of very expensive artworks.

I'm amazed by some of the packing used by amp manufacturers. I've had a few amps shipped to me in boxes that were totally luck-of-the-draw. Some of them made it OK, some of them didn't. I guess it mostly depends on if they fall off the conveyor belt or not.

Today ~~~

~~~ now look better ~~~

Last edited by 999369; 02-09-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Longways to Go
    Very nice job! Lots of bad packing out there.

If I were picking nits, I would recommend a layer of bubble wrap around the amp before the inner cardboard box.
    Or a thin layer of Styrofoam. I don't think that paper layer is very important. I only say this as a guy who has spent 20 years packing & shipping hundreds of very expensive artworks.

I'm amazed by some of the packing used by amp manufacturers. I've had a few amps shipped to me in boxes that were totally luck-of-the-draw. Some of them made it OK, some of them didn't. I guess it mostly depends on if they fall off the conveyor belt or not.
    Thanks !

This packaging is tightly packed :

1. Inner layer ( White fiber paper ) is Protection and reduce wear and tear if from cardboard ( Inner layer box )
    2. When in shipping many many many ~~~ Vibration and shock Impact , tightly packed so Inner layer box do the all the job , not the amp surface ( Vibration : Caused by the Frequent often movement and wear ) this is my ideal ?!

just try do the best to protected this amp
    Last edited by 999369; 02-10-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Add the middle layer cardboard

Added foam ( bubble ) at bottom

Last edited by 999369; 02-10-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Look may not nice now almost done

Shipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpgShipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpgShipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpgShipping & packing my 60s Fender Princeton amp-image-jpgFinal packing ~~~ Today will leave

User Info Menu

Norman - Was that a goodbye song to the amp?