The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 35 of 35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    ...and he sounds pretty much the same.
    My problem as well. A half a dozen, or so, guitars and I sound the same no matter which one I pick up. At least that's what my wife and daughter say and then ask why I need so many.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The fact that guys like Gray Sargent and Philippe Catherine, who can play anything they want, chose to play those "humble" Godins kind of speaks for itself...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Which of course--just to play devil's advocate--is quite interesting because Philip Catherine retired his old roadworn 175 recently and has been playing a Godin Composer...and he sounds pretty much the same.
    He sounds great with it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLa...;v=XCP6HGzCGc4

User Info Menu

Enjoy your new guit, brotha.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aant
    I note Philip has the stock Godin pickup - also his top is more nicely figured than mine (jealous).

User Info Menu

Hey I just went looking for the Godin Composer out of curiosity and it looks like it may have been discontinued. I see used ones on Reverb and eBay but no dealers selling them new. Sweetwater and Amazon both indicate it's "no longer available". Anybody know about that?

User Info Menu

Thanks, I must have followed an out of date link.

User Info Menu

there's a burst composer for sale on the guitar center used website- $749, if someone is interested.

User Info Menu

There is a local one for a really good price. My archtop spot has been filled recently, but GAS.... How would the Composer compare to an ar371?