The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 57 of 57

User Info Menu

hah, don't worry rob was not trying to pigeonhole you!!...on that vid, your right hand finger picking reminded me of hodgkinson..as opposed to two finger, pick, slap or even thumb (ala macartney)

in a way the dano lends itself well to that, as its easy neck with access to all 24 frets makes for some nice horizontal line playing

sounds great.. have fun...danopower! haha

cheers

ps- now you need the 6 string version!!..play as a baritone or tune to low e ...octave down guitar tuning...

or the fender/squier bass vi..with whammy!!

Danelectro Longhorn Bass-bass-vi-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Oh, don't tempt me! I've seen them in the guitar shops here, but have so far given them a wide berth. Wammy bar, eh? What a thought. No, I'd much prefer a fretless next. Actually, I might buy another Dano, and get my local luthier to make it fretless. I'm really impressed with the quality of this bass for the money.

User Info Menu

Rob - I think the tone on the vid was perfect. So many people fail to consider the need to adapt to the medium. The listener in the room hears a signal from the instrument/amp. The engineer hears that signal, modulated by the room, the mics, the board, the eq, any effects, signal loss in the circuitry, and probably some quantum whoo-hoo, to boot. That signal goes through more subtle but very real modulations on the way to the medium that will then create the audible signal that represents the original sonic event with greater or lesser fidelity, depending on the playback equipment. It's a little bit Plato's cave-y, isn't it? Always mix for the medium is my motto (mind you. I'm not claiming I do it well, but I do try).

User Info Menu

shades of-

Danelectro Longhorn Bass-week-13-medium-message-2-638-jpg

nice!

cheers

User Info Menu

"if life were only like this"

and now back to dano longhorns-

ike turner

Danelectro Longhorn Bass-ike-jpg

dave edmunds

Danelectro Longhorn Bass-dave-jpg

&

Danelectro Longhorn Bass-13129954_1044390935637309_813720995_n-jpg

cheers

User Info Menu

rob watched your vid again with headphones...the medium!.. (& with a more discerning ear)..great tone..and total aranjuez/ sketches of spain vibe ..well done!

cheers
    Last edited by neatomic; 09-11-2016 at 09:20 PM.

User Info Menu

Ha, lots of good posts there. Annie Hall - wonderful film, and I remember that sketch well.

Great to see Prince with a Dano! I most certainly am in good company!

I remember when recording my first album, thinking, "Wow, this sounds great", as the recording engineer played it back through BIG speakers. But then he said, "Of course, most people will hear it like this", and switched the playback to tiny little crappy speakers, and it sounded awful. He said he had to voice the recording for something in between. I felt it slipping away from me. Ugghh. Headphones help!