The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 99

User Info Menu

My dog woke me up at 6am as usual. After our walk, I played my Benedetto.
    After I was done playing it, I wondered..
    "Why the hell do I have any other guitar?"

But seriously.. The feel of a Benedetto can not be equaled. There is a solidness to it that defies logic. You feel like while your playing it, if your wife attacks you with a frying pan when she learns how much it cost, you can use it as a shield. And then you put it back on your lap and continue playing.. There is nothing in the world that feels like a Benedetto. When you have one in your hands on a gig you feel privileged. All the interconnected parts form a guitar that is almost impossible to explain.

Nothing beats a Benedetto. Nothing comes close to the feel of a Benedetto.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)
    Attached Images Attached Images The Benedetto Feel-cafe-1-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Benedetto's that I have played that were actually built by Bob have been superb guitars. ST, you are indeed fortunate to own one.

User Info Menu

A La Venezia is on my list of dream guitars

User Info Menu

Benedettos are so rare here in Switzerland, i never even saw one in real life. Wish i had a chance ...... .

But one thing i'm sure of: if i had a wife who would attack with a frying pan i'd keep the guitar and let the wife go, no matter what brand the guitar is.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNote
    Benedettos are so rare here in Switzerland, i never even saw one in real life. Wish i had a chance ...... .

But one thing i'm sure of: if i had a wife who would attack with a frying pan i'd keep the guitar and let the wife go, no matter what brand the guitar is.
    The likelihood of my lovely spouse attacking me with a frying pan is as preposterous as Joe D's runaway train allegory in the "Gibson Feel" thread. She encouraged me to obtain the instrument. All in good fun.
    Last edited by SierraTango; 09-02-2016 at 02:43 PM.

User Info Menu

Best playing guitar I ever had was a '90 Manhattan

this post could also go in the "guitars you wish you hadnt sold thread"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SierraTango

But seriously.. The feel of a Benedetto can not be equaled. There is a solidness to it that defies logic. You feel like while your playing it, if your wife attacks you with a frying pan when she learns how much it cost, you can use it as a shield. And then you put it back on your lap and continue playing.. There is nothing in the world that feels like a Benedetto. When you have one in your hands on a gig you feel privileged. All the interconnected parts form a guitar that is almost impossible to explain.

Nice! Your writing style is Pulitzer Prize worthy.. Love it.
    I have to admit, I've never actually played a Benedetto. Well, one built by Bob anyway. I've seen a couple hangin in Guitars n Jazz, but never played one.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Question to all Benedetto advocates:

What makes a Benedetto worth the extra money it costs?

Can one say that an average Benedetto is better than a good Gibson which costs probably about 60% of the Benedetto?

(no sarcasm in this post ;-))

User Info Menu

joe D, you might have to remedy that one day!!

The Benedetto Feel-johnny-smith-1922-2013-news-jpg

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeNisco
    I have to admit, I've never actually played a Benedetto. Well, one built by Bob anyway. I've seen a couple hangin in Guitars n Jazz, but never played one.
    Joe D
    Probably best you don't. Stay in your happy space, its a cruel world out there! LOL!!

User Info Menu

I was close.. I like the shorter scale. They are beautiful though.
    JD

User Info Menu

Great photo of Johnny! ...now I have a hankering to take up pipe smoking!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    joe D, you might have to remedy that one day!!

The Benedetto Feel-johnny-smith-1922-2013-news-jpg

cheers

Don't make things more confusing than they already are! The GBJSAs are very well executed archtops with a fabulous feel, but they are not like other Johnny Smiths and not full fledged Benedettos.

If I can speak for Joe, he likes a shorter scale length. 25 9/16" is too much of a stretch for him, literally.

User Info Menu

Absolutely MG.
    They are beautiful though. Especially yours though..
    Joe D

User Info Menu

js with bennie cremona

js- "In my opinion Bob is the finest guitar maker alive today"

fr- iBreatheMusic.com - Johnny Smith Goes Full Circle

CC: I know you own a Benedetto. What model is that?

JS: I own the Cremona model and it's just exquisite. I have owned it since the early 1980's and have only played it for myself, but it is a joy to behold.

The Benedetto Feel-js_cremona-jpg

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeNisco
    Nice! Your writing style is Pulitzer Prize worthy.. Love it.
    Joe D
    Glad everyone is up for some good natured humor before the Labor Day weekend here in the U.S. And yes, I'll be gigging with my Bob built 90 Cremona Sunday afternoon. What can I say Joe, I cut and pasted from the master.

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure my telecaster could feel it's way right through any of y'all's archtops.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I'm pretty sure my telecaster could feel it's way right through any of y'all's archtops.

If a dustup between me and an angry woman with a cast iron pan is going to happen and I can only have a guitar for defense, I would want it to be a Telecaster. And preferable a Squire.

User Info Menu

you could even up the odds with a rickenbacker frying pan

The Benedetto Feel-4633001070_aedf3140af_o-jpg

cheers

User Info Menu

As the proud owner of a Benedetto Bambino Standard for the past 5 years, I can say it's a keeper!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    If a dustup between me and an angry woman with a cast iron pan is going to happen and I can only have a guitar for defense, I would want it to be a Telecaster. And preferable a Squire.
    can't be wrong to use a tele:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    maybe with you playin it..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SierraTango

I have to agree. The one in the middle in this pic, is my 1989 Fratello. It's an amazing guitar.
    Keith
    The Benedetto Feel-image-jpg

User Info Menu

My turn to weigh in. I had a Cremona built by Bob in 1987. George Gruhn told me it was one of Bob's earlier ones before he made the better ones. I loved the guitar but I put GHS .013 flats on it and it just didn't sound that good. Once I changed the strings to a better set, the correct sound came right up. I sold the guitar because I wasn't playing out anymore and that kind of guitar needed to go to someone who could do it justice. Plus, I needed the cash at the time. I made some good money on that deal. Benedetto are great guitars right up there with the best of them. The finish on them both outside and inside the body was flawless.
    Last edited by hot ford coupe; 09-02-2016 at 09:49 PM.

User Info Menu

I feel like I want one. Does that count?