The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarbean25
    So who's your favorite guitarist?

Dang...you even have the limited edition.
    George Benson of course. Wes also. But George is the best musician of all time with John-Sebastian Bach. That is my point of view, i admire and respect him so much. He is a true genius, and as the great geniuses, he is a very Pretty, awsome and kind person.
    Yes, the GB12 limited edition, and the very limited GB30TH (fantastic guitar) one. I still miss the millenium one, the GB2K Masquerade. I'll try to get it. Soon.
    Last edited by Tcharlze; 12-08-2016 at 12:55 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

You're welcome, i think that even the recent cases for japanese GB10 would be okay.
    Last edited by Tcharlze; 12-08-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Yes, i like a lot Norman Brown also, his passion is similar with mine. And he is surely a very kind guy!
    I like also Rocky Gresset...
    Last edited by Tcharlze; 12-08-2016 at 11:58 AM.

Hello Fred Archtop, thanx so so much! It's a german and quite cheap jazz manouche (gipsy) guitar (model NH62 if i remember). It's a humble copy (230 euros) of a Maccaferry model of the 30's, the one that Django Reinhardt played. The Selmer genuine model with little mouth is too rare and expensive for me. Its copy didn't corresponded to my use for chords playing as well as the copy with big mouth, when i tried both. I was looking for a guitar with chords sounding as in "mit dir war es immer so schôn". This guitar is amaizing and sounds so good for its price! At the origin these models had to play loud in little orchestras without electrics! You can have an idea on YouTube with listening "My Foolish Heart" by Rocky Gresset.
    Last edited by Tcharlze; 12-08-2016 at 01:02 PM.

User Info Menu

No the recent case is too big
    The gb 10 today has a bigger scale
    I have a 1986 gb 10 with a smaller scale

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Bob
    No the recent case is too big
    The gb 10 today has a bigger scale
    I have a 1986 gb 10 with a smaller scale
    Oh i see... 1986 corresponds to the production of the GB30BK and GB30TR. It could be that the GB10 shape had been a little different during this period, as it was starting to 1990, with a GB10 shape and size a little inspired by the GB12 one... i see... so, in that case, the thing to try would be the case of a GB30TR or GB30BK. No? But what about the depth of the GB10 body, that is necessary bigger than the GB30BK one, the thinest of all the Ibanez GB that have been produced? It might be, unfortunately, according to what you say, that your single solution would be to find a case of a 1986 GB10! Wow! That is not easy at all...
    I'll see if i can find such a rarity through Google. Of course i would inform you in case of success.
    Last edited by Tcharlze; 12-08-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    Love the GB30, I would love one of those someday!
    It is, like all the Ibanez GB, a guitar validated by THE Master. So it is a magic one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler
    Are you sure the currently available GB10 cases will not fit your '86?

I have a '79 GB10 that fits into a '97 case just fine.
    Hello from Paris, Tim!
    They moved the thread, right?
    You have a '79 GB10... the early GB10 MIJ is one of the guitars that i would like to buy in the future... i guess that the sound of it is amaizing!...
    Have a nice week-end!!
    Charles

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    Love the GB30, I would love one of those someday!
    I agree folks, have one since 2007 approx and will never sell it: GB 30 PIX GALLERY

Would love to buy GB15 or GB20 one day - thick baby with one PU

Here a little sound:
    Last edited by Tomcat; 12-09-2016 at 06:14 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tcharlze
    Thank you Jesse Allain!! In fact you're right, the color is red or black were they both available for the GB30. GB30TR and GB30TR transparent red. and what you see is a GB30BK and a GB15TR, which strings aren't fixed starting to the middle of the box, but to the tailpiece similar with a GB10. Because of my budget, i could'n't afford 2 (two) GB30. And knowing that i wanted to get all the colors of GB guitars, i've chosen to buy a GB30BK, because the single color for a GB15 is the red. But my conception of the perfect collection includes the GB30TR, the red is not the same... So, at the end of the day, maybe i'll own all the 18 models! We never know!
    I really wish they had made the GB15 in traditional sunburst or natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    I really wish they had made the GB15 in traditional sunburst or natural.
    In fact, with the GB30TH, the GB15TR is, according to what i know, the single model that did never exist in natural, in the GB guitars. But you can believe me, the sound is terribly amaizing... the neck is a little wider than a standard GB10, the box deeper. The coco pick from Dugain sounds great with it. The GB fender Deluxe HotRod is incredible with it.
    Last edited by Tcharlze; 12-10-2016 at 04:38 AM.

User Info Menu

Charles : You are an insane GB fan !!! From what i Know, i'm toooooooooo.
    Hello Everybody. Charles's got a friend. Here my GB100. I Love it !!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Ibanez George Benson collection-_mg_6859_gf-jpg Ibanez George Benson collection-_mg_6860_gf-jpg Ibanez George Benson collection-_mg_6862_gf-jpg Ibanez George Benson collection-_mg_6863_gf-jpg Ibanez George Benson collection-_mg_6866_gf-jpg 

Welcome here Actarus! I remember that i was Alcor and my cousin who is passionated by Japan was Actarus when we were youngs and had Goldorak toys!! Hahaha!! Great guitar my friend!! I would like you to share the link of your super fans site!!
    Last edited by Tcharlze; 12-21-2016 at 08:33 PM.

Great collection. I am in awe. Thanks for taking the time to post. George Benson is my favorite jazz guitarist. You sir, are a greater fan than I. I admire that collection.

Wasn't aware of the GB100. That is the one I will chase. I happen to love bling. Take care and welcome aboard

User Info Menu

Hey Guys,

I know the watch collector fans love having fun speculating on their ideal special edition models they wish would come out for sale in the future... how bout a little fun doing the same with the Ibanez GB lineup:

If you had your say re: the next GB models to come out for the Ibanez shop, what would you like to see?

Any thoughts on what the GB 50th could/should look like??

Looking forward to reading your suggestions,

Cheers

User Info Menu

Not a collector by any means but I picked up a GB40THII a few days ago and absolutely love it. Bonded it with before I even paid for it and have not been able to put it down!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Jay
    Hey Guys,

I know the watch collector fans love having fun speculating on their ideal special edition models they wish would come out for sale in the future... how bout a little fun doing the same with the Ibanez GB lineup:

If you had your say re: the next GB models to come out for the Ibanez shop, what would you like to see?

Any thoughts on what the GB 50th could/should look like??

Looking forward to reading your suggestions,

Cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F-Train
    Not a collector by any means but I picked up a GB40THII a few days ago and absolutely love it. Bonded it with before I even paid for it and have not been able to put it down!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhoadsscholar
    Great collection. I am in awe. Thanks for taking the time to post. George Benson is my favorite jazz guitarist. You sir, are a greater fan than I. I admire that collection.
    Wasn't aware of the GB100. That is the one I will chase. I happen to love bling. Take care and welcome aboard
    I hope managed to get one Rhoades. From what I understand, it would have been a really beautiful Ukulele in your hands. You are sorely missed around here.
    JD

User Info Menu

I would like to see a left handed model. The Ibanez hollow body line is one of the few that doesn't offer anything in left handed, and it's a shame because they would be of great utility to the gigging left handed player with what they offer. I don't get why so many years, and so little left handed ones..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    I don't get why so many years, and so little left handed ones..
    Simple economics .. Archtop demand is very little as is and a Japanese GB caters to only a few players. . Left handed people make up 10% of the population (and who know how many of those learned to play right handed). I'm guessing sales volumes for the GB10 are in the 100s and not the 1000s yearly, so you're probably looking at 10-25 sales a year worldwide?

A bit low in order to set up a production run of left handed GB10s I suspect .. Especially as no dealer probably is willing to stock a left handed version as their is no guarantee that there are any lefties in their neck of the woods.

User Info Menu

I agree that Ibanez should at least offer a left handed model as a special order. But it is a small producer within a niche corner of the guitar production world!

I would love Ibanez to come out with a double HB configuration for the GB 10. I know Peter Farrell has a one-off model Ibanez produced for GB that apparently ended up in Peter's collection

I currently own a GB-12 and I love the floating mini-HB but would like to option of having a classic 57 à la Wes in the body of a GB-12 or GB-40th.

Happy new year to all!

Cheers

User Info Menu

Farrell once told me that Benson is probably unaware that there aren't any GB left handed models available.. So maybe one day..!

User Info Menu

Backstage 1993
    (courtesy George Benson fan page )

Ibanez George Benson collection-204bf80e-ffa5-4b95-8cea-c903c245da82-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crm114
    Backstage 1993
    (courtesy George Benson fan page )

Ibanez George Benson collection-204bf80e-ffa5-4b95-8cea-c903c245da82-jpeg
    Is that a one-off blonde GB200NT?