The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 32

User Info Menu

Here they are, as promised:

Andersen Streamline-img_0125-jpgAndersen Streamline-img_0122-jpgAndersen Streamline-img_0123-jpgAndersen Streamline-img_0124-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That is crazy beautiful. What a find.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

This looks practically brand new. What a great find. And it sounds great, too? Handmade for $3000? You lucked out. Very nice maple.

User Info Menu

nice!! beautiful wood..no dot markers looks sleek!..hows the monels on it??

enjoy!

cheers

It's lovely, isn't it? Sounds as beautiful as it looks.

The salesman at GC, with whom I've dealt for years, told me it had just come in the previous night. He was the only one there that knew what it was, and that the guitar was calling my name until I walked in the next morning. He wasn't surprised by my appearance and said, "the guitar you've been searching for is here, waiting for you." Kinda spooky.

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    nice!! beautiful wood..no dot markers looks sleek!..hows the monels on it?
    I'm so glad there are no dot markers or block inlays on the fretboard, which is one of the many things I loved about my Benedetto. Monels? Perfect for the Streamline. I doubt I'll be putting TI Swings on it! This an Acoustic guitar, through and through. Freaking amazing!

User Info Menu

Congrats. May it inspire your playing for many years to come!

User Info Menu

Superb congrats

User Info Menu

Yeah, it looks all serious with intent like a classical guitar. No fripperies like MoP inlays and acres of binding that you pay an upcharge for and really do nothing for tone or playability. I love the look.

Did it come with a Cronkhite gigbag? Glenn's retired so there won't be anymore of those.

If you'd really like to play dress-up your axe, search Jockomo Inlay Stickers.

No gig bag. Came with a TKL hard-shell case that is lovely. However, I'm pretty sold on my Mono gig-bag/cases and will store the OHSC in case I ever sell the guitar---which ain't gonna happen!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jbucklin
    It's lovely, isn't it? Sounds as beautiful as it looks.

The salesman at GC, with whom I've dealt for years, told me it had just come in the previous night. He was the only one there that knew what it was, and that the guitar was calling my name until I walked in the next morning. He wasn't surprised by my appearance and said, "the guitar you've been searching for is here, waiting for you." Kinda spooky.
    An Andersen at GC? That can't be right. They probably just slapped an Andersen sticker on the headstock and sold you some $200 Korean POS.
    Just kidding.
    I would've had a hard time passing up a deal like that; no shipping worries or fees, able to try it out at the store, KA PU, and great price.

User Info Menu

Congratulations! I hope that is everything that you hoped it will be and then some...

I couldn't in my right mind let this one get away. Eddie, my guy at GC has always let me know when, in rare instances, a gem like this one has come in. Only happens about every two years though!

User Info Menu

Jbucklin,
    Congratulations - it's really beautiful....,simplistic elegance. I had an Andersen streamline and it was a fantastic guitar- perfectly balanced and played effortlessly.

Do enjoy - you lucked out !

User Info Menu

OMG!!! That's some of the most gorgeous wood I've seen in a long time. Congrats and enjoy that one.

User Info Menu

Jeepers!

Man! I finally plugged it into my DRRI with a Celestion Alnico Gold and a NOS Jan 5751 and it sounds wonderful through it! I played it through my Weber-equipped PRRI yesterday and it wasn't great.

User Info Menu

the gold brings out the hi-fi!!!...

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    the gold brings out the hi-fi!!!...
    cheers
    Indeed! I was ready to buy an acoustic guitar amp, or maybe add a thumbwheel tone pot. I need neither. Maybe the Streamline was really calling out for the Gold!

User Info Menu

that speaker-the celestion alnico gold...has tremendous solid low end, but without any typical guitar speaker boominess..has fairly flat mids and nice chimey clear top end..also efficient & takes tube power well, so remains clean at loud volumes..the deluxe amp (6v6 power tubes) will distort before the speaker does

that's all good when dealin with a full bodied guitar like your andersen ..that pumps out a broad spectrum of tone/sound..from lows to highs.. the tonal clarity will remain when amped

cheers
    Last edited by neatomic; 07-23-2016 at 06:38 PM.

The Deluxe has been set up in my studio for recording for the past couple of weeks. I have this cool mic clamp thingy which attaches to the amp, holding the mic in front of the speaker. Since I've been recording so much I haven't wanted to dismantle everything, so been talking my other amps out to gigs. Time to dismantle!

About the Gold, I'm learning that the better the guitar, the better the speaker sounds, since it so accurately gives the sound of the guitar being played through it, without any weird coloration. I honestly don't believe there's a better speaker, or even one that comes close.

User Info Menu

It looks identical to the Andersen that sat for nearly a year on the Golden Age website of New Jersey. Patrick and I discussed that guitar in a thread here several years ago. I believe Patrick actually played that guitar on a visit to GA. Congrats!

User Info Menu

Lovely guitar, congrats on the find. Is that a KA 12 pole pickup?

Quote Originally Posted by ESCC
    Lovely guitar, congrats on the find. Is that a KA 12 pole pickup?
    It is. First time I've been able to check on out. Sounds great!

User Info Menu

A magnificent instrument! Congratulations, and play it in good health!