The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 51 to 75 of 161

User Info Menu

Yeah I'm gonna do them real slow. First into the bedrooms on the beds, after an hour or so crack open the ends of each box. Wait a couple hours, then slowly one by one remove cases and clean up the mess. THEN after the cases cool off maybe crack the H150 open first and see it. And slowly the rest. Really all I want to find is the Unity to see it is safe. This morning I took 4 large guitar boxes and an amp box out, with all the padding UPS used and pretty much filled up the two "recycling" dumpsters. The handyman says to go ahead and finish up tonight as the dumpsters get emptied Friday morning... At 7 am it was 80 and so humid, I was out there 15 minutes breaking up what I had and that was too much for me.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gcb
    An event that seems to be attracting wide national and international following... something like Elvis' Aloha from Hawaii...
    Speaking of international .. I could use some Buenos Aires ice cream ... best I ever had

and it's winter down there right now ... you don't need it

Can you send some up to Arizona to help with the summers here?

Maybe BigMike could use some, too.

User Info Menu

BigMike,

Woo Hoo! "It is here!" (Darren McGavin as 'The Old Man' in "A Christmas Story" ... great movie written by the late Jean Sheppard ... describing the "major award")

Good luck with all five packages--especially the Unity. I'll play my Unity today in a sympathetic testimonial to you, Patrick, and Chris. Patrick sparked my interest in Unity guitars after a dormant phase--I have been a Thom Bresh fan for years and years. Bresh has a Unity Special modeled after his father's (Merle Travis) Gibson Super 400 Special that resides in the Country Music Hall of Fame. I used to see Bresh play that guitar and vowed I'd get one someday. I didn't realize then that Aaron Cowles made even more special archtops.

Enjoy them all.
    BigMike's Mega Heritage NGD...-gibson_super_400_-1952-_merle_travis-jpgBigMike's Mega Heritage NGD...-bresh-jpg

User Info Menu

Wow that is lovely !!
    And I feel like the kid in A Christmas Story getting his Red Ryder Rifle getting the Unity and all the others too...

Funny thing, my best wingman of all time, Ken, flew into Chicago Tuesday and decided to stop by for a bit. Haven't seen him since September of 2007 just before I moved to Jersey. I fed him steak fajitas and he was supposed to get outta Ft. Wayne today, called me yesterday all disappointed he can't come until MAYBE Friday. He was a little put off that I said hey it's ok man I got THREE BLONDES and TWO BRUNETTES coming today, I probably would have a hard time deciding who to spend time with. LOL !! His dream has always been a 3 Way, imagine a 6 Way (counting me of course)...

Big

Bubba and his verdict on the fajitas... When we were next door neighbors in '84 I'd bang on the common wall between our kitchens and him and his roommate would come over for dinner each sporting a bottle of red wine... Hey, it was the 80's ya know ?? LOL !!

BigMike's Mega Heritage NGD...-13690845_10153852507852239_7754296104782797674_n-jpg
    Last edited by BigMikeinNJ; 07-21-2016 at 11:56 AM.

User Info Menu

BigMike,

"Don't shoot your eye out" when changing the strings.

And I feel like the kid in A Christmas Story getting his Red Ryder Rifle getting the Unity and all the others too...

User Info Menu

Turns out my local truck didn't have room
    SO everything went out about 09:30 on a different truck
    all the guitars arrived about 1pm

none of the boxes were hot
    nor the cases

My internet is down

But everything got here in tip top shape
    dang that Unity and the Super Patrick and the HDA and the H150 are all mind blowers
    chris sent me a wine burst Golden Eagle by accident

NO I'm not buying it !!!!
    Lol

but I gotta send it backe
    And he's sending me the right guitar soon

when I get my connectivity straightened out I'll post photos
    gonna wait until tomorrow to tune them up

Gonna sleep with the Unity tonight
    Lol

maybe the Excel
    the Excel has a hugely deep body

Big
    Last edited by BigMikeinNJ; 07-21-2016 at 04:53 PM.

User Info Menu

Mikey asked me to post these..

The Unity
    BigMike's Mega Heritage NGD...-image1-jpgBigMike's Mega Heritage NGD...-image2-jpgBigMike's Mega Heritage NGD...-image2-jpg

User Info Menu

The HDA

BigMike's Mega Heritage NGD...-image1-jpg

User Info Menu

The Super Patrick!!
    BigMike's Mega Heritage NGD...-image1-jpgBigMike's Mega Heritage NGD...-image2-jpg

User Info Menu

I think our buddy Patrick said he didn't like the Epiphone cloud inlays on this guitar.
    I disagreed w/him, and still do.

User Info Menu

Ditto. The clouds are great looking. What a guitar. What a bunch of guitars.

User Info Menu

Lord have mercy !!! WOW Mikey. I will say it again.....WOW !"

User Info Menu

Heritage knocked it out of the park with that Excel, and Super P!

Yeah, I recall Mr P not being a fan of cloud inlays on SE's or GE's either.

What gorgeous guitars Big Mike! I can't wait to hear your impressions on each of them. Talk about Xmas in July!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeNisco
    The Wine Burst..

Attachment 33828

This one was shipped to Mike by mistake. It was supposed to be a Blond Golden Eagle.. With all the craziness going on here, I could see why it happened..

On behalf of The Big nut bag Mikey, formerly of New Jersey.. Enjoy everyone..

(I did that small so he couldn't see it...)
    Hey Joe, did you ever play the Wineburst GE? If yes, what were your impressions? Thank you!

User Info Menu

I feel so inadequate ! ............................. ..... bob......

User Info Menu

They're all beasts. Lol !!

let me see if I can add hoots yet.

Oh yeah, the pickup on the Super Patrick looks to be some special Kent Armstrong single coil. It's got the hex screw pole pieces. The case for the Unity is some sort of alligator stuff. I never had anything the s amazing

BigMike's Mega Heritage NGD...-image-jpgBigMike's Mega Heritage NGD...-image-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeinNJ
    Oh yeah, the pickup on the Super Patrick looks to be some special Kent Armstrong single coil. It's got the hex screw pole pieces.
    Congrat's Big Mike!

In my conversations about the pickup for the SP Patrick said, and I quote:

"I'm really diggin' on this new guitar. The pup is a Kent Armstrong clone of the Dearmond Rhythm Chief 1100 single coil. He hand wound it for me specific to the dimensions to the Rhythm Chief. It's awesome. The tone, "fresh out of the crib" is wonderful . . . just pure big acoustic jazz box vibe. Just a bit bigger than a Golden Eagle and a tad smaller than a SuperEagle, with a 3-1/4" body depth gives this guitar a huge and full voice.

You're the quintessence of an OCD tone monster. As such, I could only wish you had an opportunity to experience this new Super
    GoldenEagle both acoustically and with the KA pup, through my Fender Pro Reverb. I'm pretty much done searching for the tone nirvana. I think I've found it. The only other thing I think I'll look into, is a Fender Vibroverb with a 15" speaker. I'd love to hear this single coil KA through a good tube amp pushing a 15" cone."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Hey Joe, did you ever play the Wineburst GE? If yes, what were your impressions? Thank you!
    Hi 2b,
    i didn't really play the Wineburst. I am one of those weird people who doesn't "play" someone else's guitar unless I am fixin to buy it. That one is very pretty. For the right price, it would be a nice guitar to own. I am not a Heritage price expert so I don't know what it's really worth. It's in excellent condition. What would you say it's worth?
    JD

User Info Menu

I don't post much, but it was BigMike's posts that convinced me to take the plunge into Yunzhi, Ms Lora and Mr. Wu a few years ago and I never regretted it. I play for my own happiness and am not part of the Jazz community, but reading all the posts around here, this is a real good group of folks that I am proud of. I am so happy to know that BigMike is the next steward of Patrick's guitars. Very, very well done and congratulations!

User Info Menu

​Well Boys

I remembered that I can use my iPhone as a personal hotspot. So until Comcast gets it S together here I am via my iPhone's incredible stash of saved up data plan usage.

The guitars are so stinking gorgeous. The Unity has the most wonderful candy cane neck, back, sides, the top has the nicest grain. Oh My !!!

The HDA is really very over the top. I was telling Joe and Chris I'm gonna play I HAVE BUT ONE HEART first on that (from the wedding scened in The Godfather). The Unity I'm doing real old church hymns on. The Super Patrick is very hard to describe (thanks for the update on the pickup, WOW, I love 1100's). The SP is so darn gorgeous. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna take them onto my porch and give them a good look over, just to really scope them out.

Anyone interested in the Wineburst Golden Eagle, Chris has to refer to his Dad's detailed inventory list to see what it's worth... It's going back tomorrow so I can get my blonde Golden Eagle (single set pickup) which I really really want. Amazing Day gents, everything got done around here, electrician replaced a faulty circuit breaker, I did laundry, the
    guitars came, I made The Big Salad, hopefully my buddy Ken shows up some time Friday. Heck if he doesn't I'll be steady playing one guitar after another. I PROMISE to get more shots tomorrow posted.

God Bless

Big

User Info Menu

Wow...Mike...you just got yo'self a serious collection...well, a serious addition to your already existing collection...

Now I gotta come visit!

User Info Menu

Hi 2b,
    i didn't really play the Wineburst. I am one of those weird people who doesn't "play" someone else's guitar unless I am fixin to buy it. That one is very pretty. For the right price, it would be a nice guitar to own. I am not a Heritage price expert so I don't know what it's really worth. It's in excellent condition. What would you say it's worth?
    JD
    If it's exceptionally clean, between $3300-$3500. The block inlays are unique to the GE. I believe that bridge base was a one off too. Fact is, relative to acoustics there aren't that many single humbucker GE's - Most are the floater variety. It would be interesting to see how the list prices it, for as a former rep Mr. P could commission a new GE for much less than the price I've suggested.

User Info Menu

Mikey asked me to post these..

The Unity
    BigMike's Mega Heritage NGD...-image1-jpgBigMike's Mega Heritage NGD...-image2-jpgBigMike's Mega Heritage NGD...-image2-jpg

ok, we all know uber-figured wood doesn't necessarily correlate to great tonewood--
    many factors notwithstanding.

but regardless, that's some seriously beautifully figured may-po, and nicely flatsawn [as I prefer]
    stunning looking guitar, would love to take it for a test cruise....

User Info Menu

I believe the wine burst had a $3100 price. I will give 2b first crack at it. Mike, Joe said it has a crooked stinger on the back of the headstock. Post a pic of that and the back. Might be easier for you just to sell it and send Chris the money.

User Info Menu

Fellas

Contact Chris at Origmotz@aol.com

it is 17 inches

its definitely going back to him
    he has the correct Golden Eagle of mine that I really want way more that this one
    hes very easy to work with
    i waited 4 months to close this book
    I ran out of space to store these jewels

its very pretty, I just posted a thread in the For Sale section so you can have a look. I would like to keep this thread on track as my Mega Heritage NGD thread... thank you

Big
    Last edited by BigMikeinNJ; 07-22-2016 at 07:53 AM.