The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 49 of 49

User Info Menu

J.B. CASTELLUCCIA

Cutaway and Electro-Acoustic Classical Guitars. Classical Guitars PLUS. He's got a 7P CWE and the photos and specs are good

Welcome to Guitars from Spain

Classical Guitars

The Cremona CES is $1450 U$D. I know it's laminate basck and side but everybody racves about them. I'm checking into the up charge to have him make it with all solid wood.

Classical Guitar, Spanish Guitar, Flamenco Guitar, Ramirez Guitar, Raimundo Guitar by The Classical Guitar Centre Ltd UK

Do a Google search for GMAGE or GUISMA and you should get a bunch of links for Spanish internet retailers

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi John and thanks a bunch for all links and info.Great!

The Giambattista looks serious - maybe my money will cover it later on(got to sell my old Tele first then).
    If you find a better price - let me know,please.
    Also the PS90/59 like you said look real good and have perfect nut witdh!
    Check this link and see if this is a real PS59 and no copy, cause the price is much much better for me(no tax no toll).
    GUITARES GUITARES CLASSIQUES PRUDENCIO SAEZ - PRUDENCIO SAEZ CLASSIQUE MODELE 59 ELECTRO 970,00 € TTC

cheers

User Info Menu

The photos wouldn't open but the price looks ok. You have to remember the Euro is $1.40US so that puts this one at $1358 w/o case which is about right considering the factory is in Valencia Spain. But Why don't you send them (Saez) an e-mail to find a distributor in Sweden? They're closed until September. I know this because I already sent them one with some questions.

Guitarras Prudencio Sáez

It's a sharp looking guitar eh? There is a Paco Marin 440 at one of those sites in England. They want L775. I think that's without case. It's Identicle to The Saez and made in the same factory if I'm not mistaken. Also the picture are really good and gives you a better Idea

I'm really starting to lean towards the Alhambra though for the solid woods.

But I'm waiting to see if Saez will make me one with solid woods and what it will cost. I'll let you know how I make out.

User Info Menu

Hi - here´s a link to the french site with the PS90.

http://guitarcenter.fr/imgg.php?w=68...tares/ps90.jpg

Sure looks good that guitar!

Here´s a clip with the Alhambra Cs-3 CWE5crossover:
    Alhambra CS-3 CW E5 Crossover Cut-away Classical Guitar with Fishman Electronics. Classical Guitars PLUS.

I can get this one for like 1750$ - but after trying their F7cwt Im a little sceptic to Alhambra. Saw a note that some of their models may be made in Korea, if that is a fact?

Found a german dealer of the Camps, they can order one with a 50mm neck.
    Don´t know the price yet.

Let me know how it goes for you.

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chev
    Hi - here´s a link to the french site with the PS90.

http://guitarcenter.fr/imgg.php?w=68...tares/ps90.jpg

Sure looks good that guitar!

Here´s a clip with the Alhambra Cs-3 CWE5crossover:
    Alhambra CS-3 CW E5 Crossover Cut-away Classical Guitar with Fishman Electronics. Classical Guitars PLUS.

I can get this one for like 1750$ - but after trying their F7cwt Im a little sceptic to Alhambra. Saw a note that some of their models may be made in Korea, if that is a fact?

Found a german dealer of the Camps, they can order one with a 50mm neck.
    Don´t know the price yet.

Let me know how it goes for you.

cheers

The Alhambra is made in Spain. It is my understanding that they now make the E model Ramirez. I've come to the conclusion that there are a lot of makers that private label guitars there. For all I know ALhambra may also make those Pavans but I don't know that for sure. Stricly a guess

The CW3 looks nice and that price looks good. I see it for 1084 pounds. This is more of a crossover than what I'm looking at. It appears to have low aciton and a much smaller nut.

Everybody is on vacation here so I won't get any real answers until September.

Good luck with your search as well

User Info Menu

I have the Tatlor NS32ce and l love it!. I also have a M Rodriguez B cutaway series as well as a Yamaha Silent Nylon guitar. I use them all differently. The Taylor is an excellent Jazzy nylon because of the R fingerboard and narrower neck. I like my Rodriguez for more Flanmeco or latin sounds. Believe it or no I actually love my silent best. It is the best when used LINE. Like a REALLY good electric-acoustic!! The neck is beautiful , it's not even ebony (rosewood). Anyway, I think there is no perfect axe for all intentions but Taylor is great for certain things!

User Info Menu

Here are pics. TAYLOR NS32ce on right and Manuel Rodriguez B cutaway Maple body on right (very fat neck)..I really like the body on the Taylor. Very narrow with a flared profile so feels kinda like a small steel string and/or hollow body. VERY well made. As I said in the above reply, I use it for darker/jazzier stuff so I don't mind the relative lack of mids. I use my Manual Rodriguez maple body for bigger punchy resonant sounds...Try recording with the Taylor with condensers....VERY balanced!! Or line/mic mix live...GREAT. However NOT acoustically LOUD. It's a different beast. Mellow. warm and balanced!

User Info Menu

Hi and thanks for input on this subject.
    I´ve checked out the Taylors and come to the conclusion it´s probably not exactly the sound I´m after, like many other models of el-ac/ cw. The sound of a normal classical is fine with me, if it only has the 49-50mm nut,some radius and maybe a raised fretboard or cw.
    I haven´t tried the Yamaha but I´m sure it´s a nice xtra .
    Guess you´re right about that one guitar won´t cover it all.
    Salute

User Info Menu

Got this Taylor NS32ce. Tried a little webcamjam...It really suits me cuz I am more of a PICKER for single lines (tho finger-pick chords) and I like the Spanishy tones within a Jazz/R&B/Bossa context. I don't really see it as a Classical/Flamenco axe tho. Anyway, GREAT neck if you don't mind thin with a slight radius. Very resonant body especially low end tho doesn't particularly project dynamically acoustically. Handles feedback well and personally think it amps well(amped CUBE30 in vid)...I like mixing line/amp/mike for live gigs...It is well balanced and EXTREMELY well made as any Taylor is!

User Info Menu

Hi Thomas - nice playing!
    Some sweet licks there, Bensonlike or so, works with nylon strings as well as on a GB 10 with flats.
    I don´t have that good technique ,I use my nails and thumb on hard tension strings, sometimes I use a heavy pick to speed up single lines a little.
    On my steel strings I use picks mostly, but I´m not very fast with scales and licks.
    Like that music you play too!
    I think I would be more comfortable with a spanish/flamenco type of guitar since I prefer a full bodied sound and won´t use it for live gigs. There are some with 50mm nuts - I´m just waiting for the right one at the price to show.
    Breeze on Thomas!

User Info Menu

I tried many and find that especially with acoustic instruments one should try that specific guitar (two same models can have a different vibe)...make and model aside, tone woods should also be considered and compression variation based on the top cedar/spruce and variations/type and the back and sides. I ended up with a luthier handmade and a Takamine (great value and have great preamps) my cedar top is miced and my Takamine is a plugin cutaway. The Fleta has an unbelievable presence an projection and sounds great playing non-classical music. Ramirez is obviously a good instrument but I suggest that you pick the specific instrument very carefully. PS: There is sometimes a difference trying/playing a dry or humidified instrument.
    Last edited by gremboul; 09-09-2009 at 09:25 PM.

User Info Menu

Hi, been off for a while.
    Thomas - I am now waiting on a Yamaha SLG100n to arrive from a private seller(used), you made me curious on these things and I need something that can be played late nights. Will tell what I think about it later on.

Gremboule - hi and thanks for advices - what model of Takamine and the Fleta -what model/make is that?
    Have a friend who speaks for Fletas(Ignacio`s especially, but I´m no milliondollarman).

User Info Menu

Hi -
    the yamaha slg 100n was not exactly up to my preferences so it went back to the seller. The neck was already bent and skewed from the medium tension strings it came with, and since I use hard tension it would have to be straightened several times with uncertain result. Otherwise I guess it´s ok for practice, but not for the money.

User Info Menu

My teacher plays a LaPatrie cutaway. They're made in Quebec and are owned by Godin and feels great! Of course it joins at the body at a relatively low fret but the cutaway really helps.

User Info Menu

Hi Pruneface and thanks for the tip on Godin´s LaPatrie!
    I have checked about Godin guitars for some time,but no chance to try one here.No retailers.
    cheers!

User Info Menu

Hi -
    the yamaha slg 100n was not exactly up to my preferences so it went back to the seller. The neck was already bent and skewed from the medium tension strings it came with, and since I use hard tension it would have to be straightened several times with uncertain result. Otherwise I guess it´s ok for practice, but not for the money.
    Chev

I have one of those, use it with the jazz/fusion band for latin-sounding numbers. It's also massively convenient for solo practice. It wouldn't be my choice for solo/duo playing, but where I need to put it in the mix with drums/bass, it works fine and sounds "close enough" to what I want, with zero danger of feedback.

Yes, my drummer is that loud.

User Info Menu

Hi mangotango,
    clearly it´s a useful tool in various situations and I am not dissing the slg in general. But the action/performance of the peace I had was not of the standard you expect for a +/- 850$(including a skewed and bent neck), but maybe that´s what to expect when it says -MITaiwan?
    Glad to hear you got a good one, but I think I rather go for a used Godin(if I find).
    muchomerengue

User Info Menu

I just got the Taylor NS-32, partly because of Thomas's video above-- so thanks, Thomas. Great stuff. Very simple, elegant design. Much prettier in person than the Taylor website pictures or others I've seen. I particularly like the tuners. It's my first sapele. It isn't loud, compared to other classicals, but it isn't intended to be a classical. Not sure I like the pickup system, yet. The neck dimensions enable me to hit chord melodies much easier, so I am already a big fan of that. Came out of the box without any need for more of a set-up. So far, so good.

User Info Menu

Hi mangotango,
    clearly it´s a useful tool in various situations and I am not dissing the slg in general. But the action/performance of the peace I had was not of the standard you expect for a +/- 850$(including a skewed and bent neck), but maybe that´s what to expect when it says -MITaiwan?
    Glad to hear you got a good one, but I think I rather go for a used Godin(if I find).
    muchomerengue
    How much ?? Mine wasn't much over half of that, and as a result I find it much easier to accept its limitations. I can see why you sent it back.

Good luck finding your Godin.

El Mangissimo

User Info Menu

You could always try ordering a LaPatrie (or Godin) over musicians friend -they have a very generous return policy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by msr13
    I just got the Taylor NS-32, partly because of Thomas's video above-- so thanks, Thomas. Great stuff. Very simple, elegant design. Much prettier in person than the Taylor website pictures or others I've seen. I particularly like the tuners. It's my first sapele. It isn't loud, compared to other classicals, but it isn't intended to be a classical. Not sure I like the pickup system, yet. The neck dimensions enable me to hit chord melodies much easier, so I am already a big fan of that. Came out of the box without any need for more of a set-up. So far, so good.
    Glad to hear you are happy with the NS32. Yes the design and the overall feel is great isn't it. The neck is just wonderful to the touch and tapered body is very comfortable. The sound is perfect for Bossa/Jazz and am getting addicted to it, can't put it down, I play my traditional 'classicals' less...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mangotango
    How much ?? Mine wasn't much over half of that, and as a result I find it much easier to accept its limitations. I can see why you sent it back.

Good luck finding your Godin.

El Mangissimo
    Hi mango tango - yeas I thought is was way too much for a piece like that, and they actually did go for almost a grand at the stores here by the time. Now the new model SLG120 is about the same. There is one used Godin multi SA on ebay u.k for some 1100$, it´s cheaper than import from US or a new one here(2100$).The only one I had chance to try was a used ASC steel stringed for 600$ recently, but not my thing.
    Man go Tango in
    Buenos Aires

User Info Menu

As an update to my previous posts in this thread I'm happy to report that I finally received my Alhambra 7p cwe. I'm very pleased with it. the neck is a bit wider than most crossovers at 50mm versus 48mm but not quite as large as a regular classical box in at 52mm

I looks well made and sounds really good. Nice balance and sustain as well as loud. I haven't plugged it in yet but it comes equipted with the Fishman Pro Blend.

I also got one of those nice shiny Metro Humicases. I think I got a good deal as well from this classical shop in Tucson Arizona. I certainly got better treatment from him than I did from that CG shop in Philly.

User Info Menu

Hi John, glad to hear you have found something you like and at a good price too.
    I´ve tried a couple of Alhambras 7p,8cwe ,10 p (and some I don´t recall the models), but neither one was for me. I guess it differs from guitar to guitar,but retails of Alhambra here(a few)don´t seem to care about what they get from the production line.
    I am still waiting for something to show up,meanwhile I got my old Aria that sounds quite ok, with a 52mm nut though.
    Good luck with your new A7!