Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 101 to 104 of 104

User Info Menu

I used to have an Exl-1 and have a funny story about the tailpiece. One day I opened the case and all the strings were detuned. I thought the workers who were doing remodeling at the time were playing a practical joke. I tuned it back up and it seemed okay. About a week later I opened it up again and the tailpiece was broken at the hinge where it meets the body, as in your photos. D'Angelico was good about sending a replacement right away at no charge.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrregent
    I didn't like the Kent Armstrong pickup either.
    Was it a KA made in Asia or one of his hand made pickups? I've read that there is a world of difference between the two.

The hand made pickups (by Seymour Duncan) are here:

Benedetto Pickups - DjangoBooks.com

Hope that helps.

Doug
    Last edited by Doug B; 06-06-2020 at 09:55 PM.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Doug B;1038842][QUOTE=zephyrregent;634181] I didn't like the Kent Armstrong pickup either. [/QOUTE]

Was it a KA made in Asia or one of his hand made pickups? I've read that there is a world of difference between the two.

I didn't like the Asian made KA pickup. They are installed in many import guitars like Eastman. I think the guitar would get a fatter tone if it had a good quality built in pickup instead of a floating pickup. I get an acceptable tone from the same pickup in my D'Angelico Style B, but they are built differently.

Mine the thinner Korean 2 pickup single cut was a poor quality instrument. Even top notch replacement pickups did not help. I traded for a 1976 Ibanez L5 copy!!