The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 50

User Info Menu

My guitar had been completed.

This guitar is basically a guitar that changed the HAWK JAZZ/deep specification of the Seventy seven.

Anyway, this is a great guitar.

I'm happy if you are you able to understand the goodness of this guitar.

I was convinced that the sound is great at the moment that issued the first sound.

In addition, this guitar does not have a buzzing for low action.

Since I was specify the specification of the neck of the wood, it is a great sense of stability of the neck.

All controls had been mounted on the pick guard,and the pick guard also has been changed to black monochromatic plate. Knobs are ebony.

In addition, in order to cope with my metal allergy, frets are evo-gold fret of jescar that does not contain nickel.

Strap pins are a little larger size, also attached to the neck side.

It seems to be using the grain of the wood is not too flashy, wood grain of beautiful maple and changing the angle is wonderful visible clearly.

If you had the chance, please try playing the hawk jazz!

Seventy seven Hawk-jazz deep-2-jpgSeventy seven Hawk-jazz deep-3-jpgSeventy seven Hawk-jazz deep-5-jpgSeventy seven Hawk-jazz deep-6-jpgSeventy seven Hawk-jazz deep-7-jpg

vBulletin Message
    Attached Images Attached Images Seventy seven Hawk-jazz deep-4-jpg Seventy seven Hawk-jazz deep-1-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Hawk models are super guitars! The ones Ive had come thru the shop for customers were all 100% first rate builds, and sounded pretty sweet too! Its amazing to me that Deviser can do a custom build for less than most mid priced off the rack brands. Good luck with it, its a beauty. Bob

User Info Menu

That is truly wonderful !! It's great to see how Deviser has come up with so many really beautiful and well built guitars - and I'm glad they helped you get wood knobs and frets that would not cause your allergies to start up. Congratulations on a gorgeous build !!

User Info Menu

Takさん,
    カストムギターがやっと出来てよかったです!
    おめでとうございます。
    バーストもフィニッシュもすごく綺麗ですね。
    ギターを弾き楽しんでください!

That's a beautiful custom build and I'm happy for you it's finally finished.
    Congrats!
    The burst and the finish look superb.
    Enjoy!

Thanks, Bob.
    I'm happy that my hawk jazz got to be what I expected!

Thanks, BigMikeinNJ.
    Deviser is the best Japanese guitar factory for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tak
    Thanks, Bob.
    I'm happy that my hawk jazz got to be what I expected!
    Im not surprised!! Ive had them do a couple for me and have been more than happy with the results. Bob

User Info Menu

How do you contact them ?

travisty-san
    Thanks.
    There is no greater guitar

このギターさえあれば、他のギターは要らないくらい素晴らしいです!

Quote Originally Posted by superdave
    How do you contact them ?
    Japanese dealer helped me.

If you are living in US, I think Top of the Arch! can help you.

Is that OK? ,Bob.

User Info Menu

Tak, gorgeous guitar.
    it really looks right. Perfect in every way.
    Good luck with it. And thanks for letting see the pictures. Really, really nice..
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Yes Tak, I can help. Please PM me with questions. Thanks. Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak
    Japanese dealer helped me.

If you are living in US, I think Top of the Arch! can help you.

Is that OK? ,Bob.

Thanks,Joe D.
    It's more than expected!

User Info Menu

Congratulations on a great guitar! I've owned 3 Seventy Sevens and they've all been just perfect.
    Here's my latest...I can't stop playing it, it's so nice :

User Info Menu

Their website needs to give more specifics on the construction. For this instrument they do not give the width of the upper and lower bouts, the depth of the rim, whether there is a center block, etc. As concerned about tone as we all are, i wanted to know more about the pickups. PAF equivalent? Higher output? Alnico II or V? Potted?

The sunburst of the "Jazz/Deep" model also depicts the strings in some kind of misalignment at the bridge. Minor, but I found it distracting.

Looks like a fine guitar; I would like to have seen a lot more detail on the design and construction.

User Info Menu

Hi Lawson, the deep body Hawk models are basicly the same size as an ES 175, no center blocks. The pickups are ALNICO 2 models, not over wound or hot, they sound much like an early PAF ,although I find them a bit more defined , not potted as far as I know. Bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Their website needs to give more specifics on the construction. For this instrument they do not give the width of the upper and lower bouts, the depth of the rim, whether there is a center block, etc. As concerned about tone as we all are, i wanted to know more about the pickups. PAF equivalent? Higher output? Alnico II or V? Potted?

The sunburst of the "Jazz/Deep" model also depicts the strings in some kind of misalignment at the bridge. Minor, but I found it distracting.

Looks like a fine guitar; I would like to have seen a lot more detail on the design and construction.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Top of the Arch!
    Hi Lawson, the deep body Hawk models are basicly the same size as an ES 175, no center blocks. The pickups are ALNICO 2 models, not over wound or hot, they sound much like an early PAF ,although I find them a bit more defined , not potted as far as I know. Bob.
    That's great, but from the website I'd never have known. I was not commenting on the guitars so much as on the partial information on the site. They look like very nice guitars.

User Info Menu

Yes, you are correct there! They have never had really complete specs readily available. Bob

Thanks, Gilpy.
    I've ever tried Koa-hawk at the Japanese dealer.
    Koa-hawk is also nice!

User Info Menu

I also did not see much information about pricing. I gather from this discussion that the pricing is more affordable than most arch tops?

I also did not see much information about pricing. I gather from this discussion that the pricing is more affordable than most arch tops?
    HAWK-JAZZ/DEEP - SeventySeven Guitars Official Site
    Japanese List price is 230000yen (with out tax).
    In this page there is a description of the spec, but the neck material is incorrect.

User Info Menu

Within roughly $150 either way of $2000 ,shipped to your door in the lower 48, depending on model. If you want a Koa version its a few hundred more. Bob

User Info Menu

Really beautiful, Tak, congrats!

I am just getting turned onto the Seventy Sevens -- are they all handmade?

I think I am joining the club pretty soon!!

-Chris

User Info Menu

Hi Chris, yes, they are hand made, no CNC machines. There are some videos of the Deviser factory on YT that shows the build process. Bob

User Info Menu

I would love to hear the acoustic and electric sound sample of this guitar.