The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    budget?

Also - do you need an XLR/balanced output?
    2016 thread!!

S

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Oy! It’s a thread from 2016 and the OP hasn’t posted in three years.

Pay attention people!

Danny W.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny W.
    Oy! It’s a thread from 2016 and the OP hasn’t posted in three years.

Pay attention people!

Danny W.
    ah ffs

well, the UA 65 dream looks good but no XLR out. Wasn’t available in 2016 :-) I feel like the options for this type of unit has really exploded since then….

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    I feel like the options for this type of unit has really exploded since then….
    I agree. Whether it's teeny Class D amps driving cabs, or clever teeny preamps driving teeny power amps driving cabs, there seems to be a lot going on these days in the world of lighter-weight gig-worthy gear.

I do love my old tube guitar amps, but I also like lighter systems, and have been playing around with them on gigs for the past couple of years. I have a few simple preamps (including a two-channel "'63 OD" preamp made by my pals at Koch), that work nicely with a power amp/speaker cab setup, as shown. This one is powered by a Hotone Loudster power amp (courtesy of one of our esteemed members). I just finished a second one with a small 1x12or10" cab as well, using a small, old Stewart switching power amp (with way too much power, courtesy of another one of our fine members) as shown:
    Attached Images Attached Images Sans Amp or other direct-to-PA preamp pedals for jazz ?-koch_63-od-1-72dpi_orig-jpg Sans Amp or other direct-to-PA preamp pedals for jazz ?-dualprocab_2490-jpg Sans Amp or other direct-to-PA preamp pedals for jazz ?-stewart-installed-front_4124-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 01-30-2023 at 11:20 PM.

User Info Menu

Hooray for the late 1980s. H&K made these two wonderful, teeny amps with various outputs (but no XLR). Way ahead of their time and still kicking:
    Attached Images Attached Images Sans Amp or other direct-to-PA preamp pedals for jazz ?-h-k_4053-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 01-30-2023 at 10:05 PM.