Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 51 to 55 of 55

User Info Menu

One can also save and search for an original issue - I prefer the ‘78 to ‘80 era myself.

Good that you got the real deal. You get what you pay for - for someone on a budget wanting the GB10 style the SE or the GB40thII is a good starter.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi Bigmike
    In my memory in a few threads over here, you warmly suggested me to go for the "real thing" save a little more, and try to get an Japan Gb10 over the Chinese version.
    Funny because I was thinking about you when I posted today, telling myself you were right.
    Anyway I 'm really happy to have gone in that direction
    For sure the Se is a neat guitar, but very far from the Mij, no question
    Quite normal regarding the price
    Life is short, as we say, and I know this one is gonna stay with me for the rest of it, for sure

User Info Menu

Here are the specs side by side

GB10
    GB10 | GB | HOLLOW BODIES | PRODUCTS | Ibanez guitars

GB10SE
    GB10SE | GB | HOLLOW BODIES | PRODUCTS | Ibanez guitars

As you can see – they are virtually identical - the SE is a hair thinner but that’s it.

The MAIN difference here is country of origin – GB10 is Georges main guitar and is produced in Japan while the SE is the affordable version produced in Indonesia.

Hope this helps
    Ibanez USA

User Info Menu

Traded in my GB10se for a ToneMaster Twin. Never got on with the brightness of the pickups. Couldn’t justify tracking down and paying for the MiJ pups. Handed over the SE and 350 and walked out with the Twin. Felt good about it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyjazz
    Nice guitar, just like a 100 but a smidgeon of the price, pic of mine to show how I mount the button at the heel.

Attachment 31674

And one of the belly.

Attachment 31675
    if it is not a GB100.... which model it is?