Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 51 to 56 of 56

User Info Menu

Yes I can
    I do not say it is bad, it is a pretty good guitar, but I suspect it will not age very well
    The hardware and electronics seem not to be very durable, and the guitar has a very strong smell of fresh glue..

I'm not very confident to be honest, it feels somewhat not like a high end instrument, which is logic regarding the price.

The playability on the other hand is very very good

I have a deal on 2009 Gb10 at 1650€, and I think that the 500€ gap is very much worth just returning this one and getting "the real thing" once and for all

I was telling myself today, I would have had this Gb10se 20 years ago I would have been totally crazy about it.. But, I'm a more experienced player now, I have more financial ease, and I know what a very good instrument is.. And life is short, I just want the high end one..
    And the return policy the store I purchased it from made me buy it knowing that I could send it back just in case.

But in all honesty, I feel that this more economical model is cheaper for a good reason.. It does feel a little cheap undeniably

Maybe the Chinese ones are better, I suspect

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

I agree with the previous poster about quality. I got an Indo SE in the post and there was a metallic twang on F# and related notes. The instrument had had clearly zero QA Inspection. Anyone playing it for more than a few moments would spot the issues. The setup was also not great. The neck had a lot of relief and a low medium action, making fretting hard work around the 8th. I spent a while trying to trace the source of the twang, and suspect something in the wiring was vibrating on the body. My luthier couldn't find the problem either. In the end, I chose to send the SE back rather than pulling it apart on the first day. Oh, and the frets are poorly finished: vibrato gives a rough rubbing noise!

User Info Menu

Exactly my experience
    I'm pretty sure that the Chinese 1rst run weren't in the same league, much better I think
    The Indonesian build relocation should have been with a price drop or new name or something
    In my opinion the guitar is not worth the 1200€ asked
    I'm getting a 2009 Mij Gb10 tomorrow by the way.. 6 hour road trip to get it, but I hope it'll be worth it

User Info Menu

I bought the 2009 Gb10 yesterday
    It's in mint condition, natural color, and plays fantastic, I mean... Wow!!
    What an astonishing guitar, I'm blown away
    Just for others here who compare it with the Gb10se..
    The Indonesian Se is NOT the same guitar
    I remember very well each detail of the Gb10se since I had it a few days ago and inspected in every corner possible..
    Nothing is comparable (hardware, woods, pickups, set up, finish, neck profile..) to the MIJ
    The Gb10 Se looks like a Mij, but that's it
    Guys, just find a used GB10 for 600 bucks more.... Just DO It!!

User Info Menu

one can also save and search for an original issue - I prefer the ‘78 to ‘80 era myself.

Good that you got the real deal. You get what you pay for - for someone on a budget wanting the GB10 style the SE or the GB40thII is a good starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jx30510 View Post
    I bought the 2009 Gb10 yesterday
    It's in mint condition, natural color, and plays fantastic, I mean... Wow!!
    What an astonishing guitar, I'm blown away
    Just for others here who compare it with the Gb10se..
    The Indonesian Se is NOT the same guitar
    I remember very well each detail of the Gb10se since I had it a few days ago and inspected in every corner possible..
    Nothing is comparable (hardware, woods, pickups, set up, finish, neck profile..) to the MIJ
    The Gb10 Se looks like a Mij, but that's it
    Guys, just find a used GB10 for 600 bucks more.... Just DO It!!

User Info Menu

Hi Bigmike
    In my memory in a few threads over here, you warmly suggested me to go for the "real thing" save a little more, and try to get an Japan Gb10 over the Chinese version.
    Funny because I was thinking about you when I posted today, telling myself you were right.
    Anyway I 'm really happy to have gone in that direction
    For sure the Se is a neat guitar, but very far from the Mij, no question
    Quite normal regarding the price
    Life is short, as we say, and I know this one is gonna stay with me for the rest of it, for sure