The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 39

User Info Menu

Thinking about buying something from Sweetwater Music. Got any good/bad dealings with them?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nothing but good.

User Info Menu

Also nothing but good, here.

User Info Menu

Never a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by henryrobinett
    Nothing but good.
    Yep. I've sent a lot of money that way the last year-and-a-half, through work, and I'm just done with musician's friend after sweetwater...

The follow-up calls and emails are almost stalkerish-feeling until you really think about what's happening. It feels bizarre, because nobody else does that level of customer care anywhere. "Wait, I'm actually unsettled slightly that there's a human asking what I think about their service???? What's wrong with me?" Last guitar purchase I got a call and/or email from the setup guy and the sales rep and their own professional images of my specific instrument to share. That's for inexpensive squire tele too....

I honestly am compelled to try to purchase from them first for internet purchases, depending on the item, if they're anywhere close price-wise. I'll spend a little extra maybe to purchase from them sometimes. They even make my local store look like a steamy pile... compared to their customer care. Feels more human. They're doing it right.
    Last edited by matt.guitarteacher; 01-28-2016 at 11:40 AM.

User Info Menu

The free candy in the box is always a nice touch.

User Info Menu

i always hear how they are creepy with the phone calls and stuff, but (in my one transaction) everything went super smoothly, and i didn't get an inappropriate amount of emails or telephone contact of any kind during or after my purchase. i ordered online and didn't have to deal with a live person.

i was disappointed to find i didn't get any candy, as i read they always throw some bit-o-honeys or tootsie rolls in there. in their defense, i ordered some esoteric mic stands that were just double boxed, so maybe they wanted to give me jolly ranchers, but they just didn't fit.

i also hear that if you get a good rep, you can finagle some deals out of them, and that some are more willing to wheel and deal than others. and should you find that your guy sucks, you can just call another. you'll probably get some referrals here.

they don't seem to run many (if any) sales, so there isn't much incentive for me to keep coming back, but they do have a huge selection and great guitar photography, so i wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again, especially a scratch and dent or something discounted. all in all, recommended.

User Info Menu

always good, ask for Ryan

User Info Menu

If there are good sales reps at Sweetwater I would suggest getting a referral to one of them. I've bought a lot from them a long time ago and gave up as the reps I've dealt with won't discount, won't match a price I've found on multiple websites, and when I called for info about a specific guitar the rep wouldn't match the price on their own website!

User Info Menu

Nothing but good here too! They are now my first choice online dealer.

User Info Menu

I always use Bob Mondok. Tell him I sent you. But I'm sure they're all great.

User Info Menu

I recently purchased a $4.00 refill for my PW string cleaner, they have been stalking me ever since! I've never felt so wanted and desirable . . .

User Info Menu

I've used them a few times. Always been a pleasant experience.

User Info Menu

All good, I use Paul Allen.

User Info Menu

They do a lot of things that no one else seems to care about, like weigh each guitar. That means a lot to me. They also do some really informative gear demos, probably the best I've ever seen. My experiences with them have been universally excellent.

User Info Menu

Always great, never bad. It's so refreshing and convenient to have your own rep who you can ask for BY NAME.

User Info Menu

AS a matter of fact I'm buy Toontrack's Superior Drummer from Sweetwater as we speak.

User Info Menu

Good to see the only negatives are from those who didn't get a discount. I bought from them last year and loved the service
    and follow up call. Thanks!

User Info Menu

There were negatives?

Wait until Musicians Friend has a 15% off everything sale (which, for some odd reason, corresponds exactly to national holidays), then ask Sweetwater to match. Not only did that work for me, but Sweetwater even beat MF by an entire one penny.

If you can wait until the next Black Friday and following days, MF will drop down to 20% off everything. Or so I predict, if past behavior is any indication of future.

User Info Menu

Also nothing but positive here. I seem to get the same rep following up with me (I have only ordered online) on my orders. The first time I was "WTF is going on here?" about dealing with the rep- I have gotten used to the zero-human-interaction model of Amazon etc. It was weird communicating with a person, but really the weird part is that we have gone to such lengths to remove human interaction.

User Info Menu

I have bought much from Sweetwater mainly recording gear, but have to say it was always a good experience. I hadn't heard from a rep' in awhile but one called me a week ago so I am looking for some speakers I'll probably use Sweetwater as long as the price in the ballpark of the other online stores. So thumps up for Sweetwater here.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostofachance
    Wait until Musicians Friend has a 15% off everything sale (which, for some odd reason, corresponds exactly to national holidays), then ask Sweetwater to match. Not only did that work for me, but Sweetwater even beat MF by an entire one penny.

If you can wait until the next Black Friday and following days, MF will drop down to 20% off everything. Or so I predict, if past behavior is any indication of future.

Hopefully it's not like the consumer electronics industry, where everyone guarantees lowest price but no two merchandisers stock the exact same part number.

Danielle

User Info Menu

I must admit that I've never bought from Sweetwater. I have been doing business with Musicians Friend for many years. I have nothing but good experiences. Their prices are very fair (15% most holidays and 20% at Christmas). In addition their Customer Service department has never failed to resolve any problem I've had in a timely and courteous manner. Plus, they stock just about every product under the sun.

I don't feel the need to do business anywhere else.

User Info Menu

top outfit and the fastest growing big box type store in the country...did it with customer service..first to have pics and details of actual guitars..you pick the precise one you want...plus they do involved check before shipping to make sure guitar is good to go

also they dont have huge employee turnover..my rep has been same nice guy for years..and they train their employees, not just summer job phone kids

cheers