0 0%
  • DigiTech jamMan Solo XT

19 22.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 51 to 60 of 60

User Info Menu

I use my Ditto looper at nearly every practice session to put down changes. It's been very reliable. The only downside... not battery operated so it stays inside when me and the MicroCube head out to the back porch.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

So many reasons for using a looper, hard to say which is the best.
    Rehearseal ? Restaurant job ? Ambient chill room at a rave party ?

Pigtronix Infinity Looper for me.

Being able to control the feedback (loop aging) is a must.
    Love to punch silence holes into a loop i just recorded,

Otherwise, as someone into live looping for more than twenty years, i think that a long delay is sometimes a very nice looper option, as in this track for example :

(Alesis Quadraverb Plus / NYC 1998)

No undo, and tempo pre-determined, though. The hard way !
    Last edited by xuoham; 08-22-2019 at 07:59 AM. Reason: gnnnrrrrr typos grrrrrr typoooos gnnnnrrrhhhhrrr

User Info Menu

is there a decent unit out there that has fx and a looper with undo and re-do and a vol/swell pedal ?

anyone tried a boss GT1 unit ?
    does it do all the above ?

User Info Menu

No undo on the GT1, nor on the GT1000 either (great floorboard, btw, no love here).

The Boss RC202, has all of it, it pretty much usable with feet though designed as a desktop thing, but it is not a guitar multi effects and would be a pain i.t.a to use as one.

Personally, i came up with the conclusion that a good looper has to a be separate solution.

Or if it's just basic looping with undo, like basic comping for restaurant or corporate job, cover, etc ... then just get a used small ditto, it sounds great is small and reliable.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xuoham View Post
    No undo on the GT1, nor on the GT1000 either (great floorboard, btw, no love here).

The Boss RC202, has all of it, it pretty much usable with feet though designed as a desktop thing, but it is not a guitar multi effects and would be a pain i.t.a to use as one.

Personally, i came up with the conclusion that a good looper has to a be separate solution.

Or if it's just basic looping with undo, like basic comping for restaurant or corporate job, cover, etc ... then just get a used small ditto, it sounds great is small and reliable.
    many thanks Xuo ...
    i see the Digitech rp360 doesn't have undo/redo either

i think you're right about a separate looper ....

(i have had a first gen boomerang since they appeared
    It is good but has no undo/redo also it's huge

On a single button looper like the small ditto
    how much hassle is the double press 'stop the loop'
    thing on an actual gig ?

does the two button ditto address that problem effectively?

User Info Menu

I used to have a solo nylon guitar bar gig and the ditto helped many times to lengthen songs by recording chords after solo arrangements and having a bit of a break by noodling solos on top.

I then got used to double press for stop, with an OK accuracy, that was not too much of a problem.
    What was annoying was the click noise, which was a bit loud since i was playing in a very intimate place.

Easy mod though, drill a hole, solder a female jack and use a soft footswitch like a keyboard sustain pedal.
    I did this easily with my EHX Freeze, though i am absolutely not knowledgeable in electronics.
    Last edited by xuoham; 08-23-2019 at 03:37 AM.

User Info Menu

The unfortunately discontinued Vox Dynamic Looper does things that no other looper can do in its price range. It is wonderful for making loops as well as sound design.

http://www.voxamps.com/uploads/SupportPage_Downloads/DynamicLooper_OM_EFG1.pdf

User Info Menu

Ditto X1 is small, but a bit of a pain. Just got an X2 and it seems really good.

User Info Menu

I am useing a Jam Man solo XT stero looper. undo, redo. uses a micro sd card can store 100 plus loops. records up to 5 min on a loop. over dub. a lot of stuff you would expect from a looper. I also use a Trio + with the looper it will undo but its not as eazy to do as the Jam Man, but its not really a looper pedal as it is a backing track creator.

User Info Menu

I went out this morning and bought an Electro-Harmonix Nano Looper 360. It is my first pedal. I think it will be very useful.