The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 189

User Info Menu

This one has been in the works since late August.

It's 18" by 3.5" in depth...a big archtop. The design is based on a 'little of this, a little of that'

Here's beginning to current photo updates in 3 different shading stages below:

Last edited by 2bornot2bop; 01-09-2016 at 04:15 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Greg,

That is bad ass! When you get it home, I want to come visit! Maybe get some coaching to have one made for me? You're awesome dude. BTW, I like the color, but you know what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    Greg,

That is bad ass! When you get it home, I want to come visit! Maybe get some coaching to have one made for me? You're awesome dude. BTW, I like the color, but you know what you want.
    It will be a bit...I've requested to allow it extra drying time, so no rush to get it finished.

Mr. Wu nailed the shape I was after, and the Cupid's bow and inlays brought a smile.

edit - later photo update displays the shading is as close to my original request as one could reasonably expect. I prefer darker shadings, especially with white edge, fretboard, and headstock binding, which will reveal itself in time.
    Last edited by 2bornot2bop; 01-09-2016 at 06:59 PM.

User Info Menu

Cool.
    Is this going to be a FOTCABNBNGD (Fly Over To China AirBnB NGD)?

Quote Originally Posted by travisty
    Cool.
    Is this going to be a FOTCABNBNGD (Fly Over To China AirBnB NGD)?
    Maybe, you buy in' bro?

Premature on my part. First photos were only preliminary paint stages. Later photos display the color meets my standards exactly.

Last edited by 2bornot2bop; 01-09-2016 at 12:19 AM.

User Info Menu

Wow ... beautiful !

It looks like leather.

It sure won't sound like it.

User Info Menu

Wow. Ive been reading these "Mr Wu" threads with great interest. Must be a lot of fun following a build for a custom-ordered guitar. This one already looks stunning.

User Info Menu

Love that color! Beautiful guitar!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Maybe, you buyin' bro?
    Not this time. Though it looks the bees knees.
    Might have to do one of these myself.

User Info Menu

looks awesome 2b!

There is something really satisfying with having your guitar build to your own specs. I hope it lives up to everything you want from it!

We say "anticipated joy is the pures form of joy" ... so enjoy waiting for it to be finished!

User Info Menu

That is a great looking guitar and a fabulous sunburst. Is it 25.5 scale 22 frets? my eyes aren't so good these days. All you need now is a Super 400 tailpiece.

User Info Menu

Wow that really is very nice !! In some of the later shots there is a blond cutaway guitar in the right upper hand background, at 2am I was wondering if that was mine now in it's first spray stages. Hmmmm

Really nice, a real monster !!

User Info Menu

Bro, you are going 2b doing cartwheels when that comes home.
    It looks incredible. I am seeing a black finger style tailpiece, Kent Armstrong 12 pole, a piezo in the bridge, stereo out and Ebony Gotoh tuners.
    oh sorry, I just built my own guitar..
    i love it bro.
    Joe D

Quote Originally Posted by Dedalus
    Wow. Ive been reading these "Mr Wu" threads with great interest. Must be a lot of fun following a build for a custom-ordered guitar. This one already looks stunning.
    I've been on the waters edge for years. Jump in the waters fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Para
    That is a great looking guitar and a fabulous sunburst. Is it 25.5 scale 22 frets? my eyes aren't so good these days. All you need now is a Super 400 tailpiece.
    Yes on 25.5 scale and 22 frets.

The nod to a Super 4' is it's depth. It ends there. But they're a fabulous tailpiece I'd never place on anything but a Super 400

Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeNisco
    Bro, you are going 2b doing cartwheels when that comes home.
    It looks incredible. I am seeing a black finger style tailpiece, Kent Armstrong 12 pole, a piezo in the bridge, stereo out and Ebony Gotoh tuners.
    oh sorry, I just built my own guitar..
    i love it bro.
    Joe D
    You're warm on the tailpiece option bro. But I'm taking a shot at having a solid Ebony created first. Hope to see it soon. You nailed the tuners!
    Last edited by 2bornot2bop; 01-09-2016 at 03:43 PM.

Okay, beginning to look like an archtop

User Info Menu

It's gorgeous. Would love to order a custom build in the future if for no other reason than to enjoy the "process."
    Even vicariously it's a fun ride.

User Info Menu

That is a fabulous sunburst.

User Info Menu

Really sweet ! The bigger the car the better the ride. If you don't mind me asking the cost of your new Big Bertha ?
    I like the reverse S400 neck inlays and the Jimmy f-holes and of course I am a sunburst guy too.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Really sweet ! The bigger the car the better the ride. If you don't mind me asking the cost of your new Big Bertha ?
    I like the reverse S400 neck inlays and the Jimmy f-holes and of course I am a sunburst guy too.
    About the cost of a dozen pro setups, and 3 sets of TI GB14's bro!

User Info Menu

2B:

Nice design details.

The top at the cutaway center is thicker, so presumably you ordered the top to be first carved and then the cutaway cut, I like that. The re curve is deep. That should improve sonority. 25.5 scale and 3.5 rims, plus an impressive finish, make yours a very classy and classic instrument, though unique.

Plus your ability to get through with your design requirements benefit all:

You get a superb instrument.

The WU family got an incentive to expand their craft venturing to try industry standards that are in demand. They might receive more orders now thanks to your direction and their willingness to learn by doing.

And we consumers can also benefit.

So you deserve not only congratulations but also thanks!!!

User Info Menu

Mr.2b is da man !!!

User Info Menu

That's going 2b an amazing guitar.
    Have fun buddy.
    Joe D

Quote Originally Posted by gcb
    2B:

Nice design details.

The top at the cutaway center is thicker, so presumably you ordered the top to be first carved and then the cutaway cut, I like that. The re curve is deep. That should improve sonority. 25.5 scale and 3.5 rims, plus an impressive finish, make yours a very classy and classic instrument, though unique.

Plus your ability to get through with your design requirements benefit all:

You get a superb instrument.

The WU family got an incentive to expand their craft venturing to try industry standards that are in demand. They might receive more orders now thanks to your direction and their willingness to learn by doing.

And we consumers can also benefit.

So you deserve not only congratulations but also thanks!!!
    Hi gcb!

Thank you for the encouraging words! This is fun!

But truth is, Lora's been holding my hand every step of the way. This isn't her first rodeo, or set of chopsticks!

Lora has the patience of Confucius, and one seriously good translation program!

I'm not desiring perfection...but honestly, thus far I've been blown away with Mr. Wu's skill set.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    I've been on the waters edge for years. Jump in the waters fine!

Yes on 25.5 scale and 22 frets.

The nod to a Super 4' is it's depth. It ends there. But they're a fabulous tailpiece I'd never place on anything but a Super 400

You're warm on the tailpiece option bro. But I'm taking a shot at having a solid Ebony created first. Hope to see it soon. You nailed the tuners!
    2Bop,Love the latest photos of the burst. You spoke of an ebony tailpiece. But I don't think I see an ebony spacer in the binding. Are you using something with a metal base?