The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Posts 126 to 150 of 185

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeNisco
    Funny story, Ronaldo has my HDA. ...Joe. I won't give a you the guitarra until it's right, you know what I'm a saying a Joe? Let me tella you a secret.. I don't really care about the customer, Joe. I joosta care care about a the guittara. That's it.."
    that's true genuine loving old school genius..that's who you want your guitar with! (precious or otherwise!)

i know that feeling.. say the same thing...tell people, i'm not doing it for you -i'm doing it for the guitar!

honor the guitar always

bravo maestro ronaldo..give him a hug for me!!

cheers

ps- since there was a recent thread about rudy pensa..even though he was not a dedicated repairman,he was/is one those guys..he always treated a guitar with respect and wonder..even talked very delicately about it..with true reverence..very inspirational
    Last edited by neatomic; 12-29-2015 at 12:07 AM. Reason: ps-

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gregc57
    This is the best thread I read on the internet this week. Congrats on holding a great one, both in looks and tone. Though I don't know you, I get the feeling that it went to the right guy (very important).
    thanks Greg and welcome aboard. This IS the best place on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    that's true genuine loving old school genius..that's who you want your guitar with! (precious or otherwise!)

i know that feeling.. say the same thing...tell people, i'm not doing it for you -i'm doing it for the guitar!

honor the guitar always

bravo maestro ronaldo..give him a hug for me!!

cheers

ps- since there was a recent thread about rudy pensa..even though he was not a dedicated repairman,he was/is one those guys..he always treated a guitar with respect and wonder..even talked very delicately about it..with true reverence..very inspirational
    Neatomic, thanks buddy. That's great to know about Rudy. They were cut from the same cloth. Awesome. JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeNisco
    Funny story, Ronaldo has my HDA. He has had it for 4 weeks, for a 1 week touch up job. I was supposed to pick it up today, and he called me this morning and said "Joe it will be done a tomorrow". I said! ok! no problem Ronaldo.
    About 6pm tonite he had one of his capo's call me and tell me that the lacquer is not dry yet, it will be done next Monday... So I called him to give him the business a little and he said, "Joe. I won't give a you the guitarra until it's right, you know what I'm a saying a Joe? Let me tella you a secret.. I don't really care about the customer, Joe. I joosta care care about a the guittara. That's it.." This the second time he told me this "secret" in the past week..
    If he was in the same room, I would have hugged him. He is 83 years old, the most lovable lil man you could meet. I hope he lives forever.. In a round about way, him working on my HDA, now makes the HDA feel like a real DA. I love the guy..
    How do you not love a guy like that!

User Info Menu

Hi Everyone,
    Happy New Year. Here is a Video of my baby, Fully Acoustic, As promised.
    I used my Blue Bluebird into my Alesis Multimix8 DI and then straight into my PC using YouCam6 for video capture.
    I picked this song because I got bitten by the D'A bug when I watched the Retrofret D'A New Yorker video by George Asleander. It is an appropriate song because owning a real DA was only a dream for me. I still cant believe that the dream came true. Once again, you all made it a great experience for me. Guys, I really love this guitar. Thanks everyone.

User Info Menu

Lovely performance. Lovely style. Lovely arrangement. Just lovely.

User Info Menu

Bravo bro ! Good to see BooBoo behind you too. Great way to start the new year with beautiful sounds.

User Info Menu

Joe,

That was beautiful. AND, the D'Angelico is stunningly beautiful sounding. It is one of the best sounding acoustic guitars ever.

Thanks for the clip.

GT

User Info Menu

Very nice Joe...

User Info Menu

AND, that guitar loves you...

User Info Menu

Hey Marc you need to fly out to Jersey with your DA and you and JD make a video together. You guys can be the new Herb & Joe team. I promise to buy the new CD.

User Info Menu

Vinny, I have family in NYC, Philly and Jersey. Next time I go back East, I plan on getting together with JD. And have no doubt, we will do justice to the memory of Herb and Joe....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    Vinny, I have family in NYC, Philly and Jersey. Next time I go back East, I plan on getting together with JD. And have no doubt, we will do justice to the memory of Herb and Joe....
    I have no doubt. The Dynamic Duo.

User Info Menu

Beautiful, Joe. Thanks for sharing this!

User Info Menu

Happy New Year my NJ bro! Loving that sweet tone! A match made in heaven right there. As Lou Rawls used to say, "yeah buddy!"

User Info Menu

Happy New Year Joe and beautiful playing ! The deep resonating ( torso vibrating) bass is so pure and classic D'Angelico.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Lovely performance. Lovely style. Lovely arrangement. Just lovely.
    thank you Rob. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Bravo bro ! Good to see BooBoo behind you too. Great way to start the new year with beautiful sounds.
    yeah, booboo is up there and a keeper for sure. Thank you Vinny. My man..

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    Joe,

That was beautiful. AND, the D'Angelico is stunningly beautiful sounding. It is one of the best sounding acoustic guitars ever.

Thanks for the clip.

GT
    Gt, the guitar just does that. It's amazing. I've played many times and never been disappointed. I've never had a bad session with it. It just sings. Thanks buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    Very nice Joe...
    Thanks buddy.

AND, that guitar loves you...
    i do feel like that. Whenever I pick it up the music flows. It has years of music in it. It just pours out when you play it. I plan on adding more beautiful music to the energy that is inside the guitar.

I look forward to that Marc very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Beautiful, Joe. Thanks for sharing this!
    thank you C74.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Happy New Year my NJ bro! Loving that sweet tone! A match made in heaven right there. As Lou Rawls used to say, "yeah buddy!"
    my brother. The guitar is just that. "Sweet". When I play it sometimes I wonder what has happened to it in its life. I wonder what John thought when he was done with it. If he held it up and thought, damn that's nice..
    thanks buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Longobardi
    Happy New Year Joe and beautiful playing ! The deep resonating ( torso vibrating) bass is so pure and classic D'Angelico.
    Steve,
    the deepness is there, subdued a bit by the flat wound TI's I have on it now. Oh boy is it a player. Happy new year Stevie. And thanks for being there. JD

User Info Menu

Everything's gorgeous, Joe. I know you received this last year, but as you're sill becoming acquainted with the guitar, what a way to kick of 2016.

Happy New Year Joe! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure John D would have been pleased to see someone who loves music own one of his instruments.

User Info Menu

Fantastic Joe. My 6 year old daughter was listening to this with me and asked about the guitar. She said "even though its old, it sounds good." Kids don't lie!

User Info Menu

mr. DeNisco,

I seemed to have missed this entire thread the first time 'round.

Congratulations and my you long enjoy this rare beauty in excellent good health.

Thank you, I've added both of your recordings on her to my reference list
    of marvelous tones!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dedalus
    Everything's gorgeous, Joe. I know you received this last year, but as you're sill becoming acquainted with the guitar, what a way to kick of 2016.
    yeah, 2015 went fast. It ended up pretty good too! Thanks for the nice words.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip VanWinkle
    Happy New Year Joe! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure John D would have been pleased to see someone who loves music own one of his instruments.
    happy new year RVW. I wish John was still around so he could see how people felt about what he did. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kid335
    Fantastic Joe. My 6 year old daughter was listening to this with me and asked about the guitar. She said "even though its old, it sounds good." Kids don't lie!
    she is probably a beautiful little lady. Give her a hug for me and have her listen to "when you wish upon a star". She might say, "oh daddy, I know that one".. I wish I had a daughter. It would be amazing to be a little angels hero. For a little while anyway.. Thanks buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit
    mr. DeNisco,

I seemed to have missed this entire thread the first time 'round.

Congratulations and my you long enjoy this rare beauty in excellent good health.

Thank you, I've added both of your recordings on her to my reference list
    of marvelous tones!
    thanks rabbit. Like I've said, this guitar has sweetness built into it. You pick it up and run your finger over each string and it sounds like Ella Fitzgerald. The sounds of yesterday come out every time I play it. Thanks for the nice words. JD

User Info Menu

Wow, Joe, just... Wow. That guitar in your hands is a shadow chaser. Golden.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Wow, Joe, just... Wow. That guitar in your hands is a shadow chaser. Golden.
    Lawson, Aww thanks buddy.
    I noticed that for some strange reason the volume is very low on the recording. When I packed it up and saved it for Youtube, the volume was respectable and now for some reason its low. That kinda sucks because even though the bass is deep and full, the guitar is very well balanced and it recorded evenly across the board without clipping.

I'll do another one at some point that showcases the guitars ability to really get out there and "play"..

Thanks guys, Joe D.

User Info Menu

Joe, that sounds great; what a sweet tone. What do have that strung up with? Whatever it is, it sure works!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gregc57
    Joe, that sounds great; what a sweet tone. What do have that strung up with? Whatever it is, it sure works!
    Hi Greg, Thanks.
    I have TI Jazz Swing 13's on it right now.

Thanks, Joe D.