The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Posts 226 to 234 of 234

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think your playing is more joyful when you play the older one in the video. I guess that's because it's a more lively, resonant and lighter guitar. The new one sounds a bit darker and more electric to me. Both sound good but I can see how the first one can be more fun to play.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    I think your playing is more joyful when you play the older one in the video. I guess that's because it's a more lively, resonant and lighter guitar. The new one sounds a bit darker and more electric to me. Both sound good but I can see how the first one can be more fun to play.
    Yes, absolutely. Every word you say, is right. And I like the new one, but I´m in love with the blonde.

User Info Menu

What a great video! A truly nice exploration of the brighter side of the L-5CES experience. Scotty Moore would be proud. And kudos on the use of the un-wound G string. I string my ES-175 that way - I like the wiggle room. Excellent playing, and your genuine enthusiasm for these wonderful instruments shines through. Congratulations, and play them in good health!

PS: I think the principal difference between the two - construction details aside - is about 300 hours of play time.
    I'm confident you will get right on it!
    Last edited by citizenk74; 07-20-2021 at 10:38 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    What a great video! A truly nice exploration of the brighter side of the L-5DES experience. Scotty Moore would be proud. And kudos on the use of the un-wound G string. I string my ES-175 that way - I like the wiggle room. Excellent playing, and your genuine enthusiasm for these wonderful instruments. Shines through. Congratulations, and play them in good health!

PS: I think the principal difference between the two - construction details aside - is about 300 hours of play time.
    I'm confident you will get right on it!
    Very kind, thank you!

User Info Menu

Do you know what is the difference between Thomastik George Benson rounds (stings featured in the video) and Thomastik Bebop strings (which are also round)?

I'm also asking because you said you swap the wound G in the 12 gauge set with a plain g. Thomastik bebop 12 set already comes with plain G. So I'm assuming you really like the George Benson strings as opposed to the Bebop strings. What's the difference in your opinion?

User Info Menu

Enjoyed that!

You have reminded me that I have a set of Thomastik jazz strings hidden away somewhere. I will them fit them to my L5 when I do a set up.

I remember buying strings from them in the past, and I experienced some kind of minor problem. I emailed them for advice and they sent me a free set from Germany. Excellent customer service.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    Do you know what is the difference between Thomastik George Benson rounds (stings featured in the video) and Thomastik Bebop strings (which are also round)?

I'm also asking because you said you swap the wound G in the 12 gauge set with a plain g. Thomastik bebop 12 set already comes with plain G. So I'm assuming you really like the George Benson strings as opposed to the Bebop strings. What's the difference in your opinion?
    I must confess, i have no idea. I´m used to the Bensons and never tried the Bebop. Hope I don´t forget- i will ask Heinz Kovacs tomorrow. He is an old buddy of mine and the head string developer at the company.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bartosh
    I must confess, i have no idea. I´m used to the Bensons and never tried the Bebop. Hope I don´t forget- i will ask Heinz Kovacs tomorrow. He is an old buddy of mine and the head string developer at the company.
    Thanks. I usually get their Bebop or Swing strings, GB strings seems to be significantly more expensive.