The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Posts 326 to 344 of 344

User Info Menu

Thank You EVERYONE for the wonderful outpouring of love and condolences.
    Yes it is true, I did not make it there in time to talk to my Mom and hold her hand in person.
    BUT last Wednesday I sent a fantastic arrangement of exotic flowers, I've been doing that pretty regularly since she went first into the Rehab facility and then to Bethesda Convalescent. So I called on Thursday and her "lady" Tess said my Mom wanted to talk to me, she was awake and lucid which was getting rare. So I told her Ma, I Love You So Much... and she said I Love Michael and I love the flowers you sent me too... we did that for about 2 minutes, and then she got tired. So I did get to say goodbye in a way. That was huge for both of us.

Now I live my life as an example to what she and my Dad taught me to be, a God Fearing Upright Man of Good Character, always trying to remember others need love and hope just when I feel I NEED IT TOO...

Ok Boys, until I get the photos of the guitar posted here's the flowers she got and this is an OLD photo, early 1942, just before my Dad signed up for the Army and the 101st Airborne, he did Boot and came home, they married on Sept. 5th and had 60 years of marriage and total adoration for each other...
    GodBless

Ms Lora/Mr Wu Special Project-12733557_10153510939042239_2577268946590169401_n-jpgMs Lora/Mr Wu Special Project-pmangell-1930-1940-41-jpg

By the way this negative was scanned backwards - my Dad always parted his hair on the other side, his left side. And if you notice the handkerchief is on the wrong side of the suit for a man...
    Last edited by BigMikeinNJ; 02-25-2016 at 04:32 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

BigMike and Nils,

My heart and prayers go out to you both.

Stay strong and know our thoughts are with you!!

-Chris

User Info Menu

Mike,
    Your folks are very elegant and beautiful couple.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Joe D.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeinNJ
    Thank You EVERYONE for the wonderful outpouring of love and condolences.
    Yes it is true, I did not make it there in time to talk to my Mom and hold her hand in person.
    BUT last Wednesday I sent a fantastic arrangement of exotic flowers, I've been doing that pretty regularly since she went first into the Rehab facility and then to Bethesda Convalescent. So I called on Thursday and her "lady" Tess said my Mom wanted to talk to me, she was awake and lucid which was getting rare. So I told her Ma, I Love You So Much... and she said I Love Michael and I love the flowers you sent me too... we did that for about 2 minutes, and then she got tired. So I did get to say goodbye in a way. That was huge for both of us.

Now I live my life as an example to what she and my Dad taught me to be, a God Fearing Upright Man of Good Character, always trying to remember others need love and hope just when I feel I NEED IT TOO...

Ok Boys, until I get the photos of the guitar posted here's the flowers she got and this is an OLD photo, early 1942, just before my Dad signed up for the Army and the 101st Airborne, he did Boot and came home, they married on Sept. 5th and had 60 years of marriage and total adoration for each other...
    GodBless

Ms Lora/Mr Wu Special Project-12733557_10153510939042239_2577268946590169401_n-jpgMs Lora/Mr Wu Special Project-pmangell-1930-1940-41-jpg
    Tears. Just a river of tears. My Mother is 92. We will all one day "go into that good night" - but that does not make it any easier for those left behind. My deepest condolences to all who have suffered this loss for which there are really no words. Peace.

Big Mike...really sorry to read about your loss...particularly with all the work and worry you've been through trying to get physically closer to your Mom....may she rest in peace and happy to be reunited with your Dad. Please accept these comments from all the newbies on the site who get up everyday to check on your situation. We are all out here for you as well as your good long time friends on the site.
    Be strong.
    Best,
    RIP

User Info Menu

Thanks to everyone who has PM'ed and posted here. Really appreciate it.

Big

User Info Menu

Like everyone else, I can only send my deepest condolences.

Mike - thanks for posting that picture. It hits home with me because my parents were a little younger, but still of that generation. Looking at it makes me sad when I think of how far we have fallen as a society from the Greatest Generation to now. I am in no way trying to turn this into a political thread - please, none of that. I can just tell that was a man to look up to.

User Info Menu

You're right DJ, that was The Greatest Generation...

Attached Images Attached Images Ms Lora/Mr Wu Special Project-pmangell-1970-present-56-jpg 

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about your Mother's passing Mike. I empathize with your loss. Be gentle with yourself. I wish you peace, and to lose yourself in gratitude.

User Info Menu

Big Mike,
    May I add my condolences to you for your sad and sudden loss. Be happy in the
    thought that Mum & Dad are reunited, and that they are in a better place.
    Thanks for posting the pics , what style the ladies and their men had then. Few
    of us these days dress as sharply as that.
    I lost my Mum 40years ago, I just happened to call in on the way to a Gig to see
    her, only to learn that she passed the very next morning. I was so glad I took
    time out to see her that previous evening.

My sincere best wishes to you in your grief, as you know all here rally round to
    a friend in mourning.

Silverfoxx

User Info Menu

BigMike, hold on to the truth of the Bible which I know you do. This is just a temporary separation. The next time you see your mom it will be for all eternity. God's grace my friend. Your mom is in Glory Land. I will pray that the good Lord will mend your heart quickly.

User Info Menu

Mike and Nils - I an sorry for your losses. Stay strong and keep the faith. God Bless.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    BigMike, hold on to the truth of the Bible which I know you do. This is just a temporary separation. The next time you see your mom it will be for all eternity. God's grace my friend. Your mom is in Glory Land. I will pray that the good Lord will mend your heart quickly.
    vinny, that was beautiful.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Condolences, Mike and Nils

Thanks for the pics Mike. They look like a lovely couple. I'm sure they had many stories.

User Info Menu

Sold my Fuchs amp today
    Later booked my flight to Chicago
    Checked status of my parcel

Your item was received by sorting center(UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USUSJFKA) at 2016-02-26 16:12:00
    Timing Site Status
    2016-02-24 19:45:00 BeiJingShi yonganluyingyebu Posting
    2016-02-26 16:12:00

User Info Menu

Now that it's here, I hope it gets to you quick Mikey.
    Fingers crossed.
    JD

User Info Menu

6 years ago it shipped on a Wednesday, I got it 5 days later on a Monday

Whooo weeeeeee !!!!!!

User Info Menu

I'll be getting it today !!!

February 27, 2016 , 2:56
    am Arrived at USPS Destination Facility TRENTON, NJ 08650

Holy Moley !!!

Ms Lora/Mr Wu Special Project-image-jpeg
    Last edited by BigMikeinNJ; 02-27-2016 at 05:19 AM.

User Info Menu

Wow they're not wasting any time !!!

February 27, 2016 , 5:28 am Departed USPS Facility TRENTON, NJ 08650

As promised earlier I started a new thread this morning, guitar is on the truck out for delivery to me. Thanks for all the support, pm's and good wishes in my times of trial.
    Big

https://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/guita...am-guitar.html
    Last edited by BigMikeinNJ; 02-27-2016 at 10:07 AM.