The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Posts 301 to 325 of 344

User Info Menu

I like it when I check and the status now says

Your item was collected

They're like USPS, their status updates are a little delayed, not as up to date as say UPS or FedEx. I figure maybe Saturday or Monday delivery.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Forgive me if you already said this Mike, but how long was it from order to shipment? My order was officially placed yesterday and I don't do waiting well!

User Info Menu

I never really said, last time I ordered was with Ms Lora over 6 years ago while she was at Yunzhi and it took about 11 weeks. Well a lot of guys, many not here on this forum, are now hip to this whole Dream Guitar thing and the process takes longer because builders like Mr. Wu have many more orders. I would say 3-4 months, so if you are like me, the impatient type, get a dog or a hobby or a girl friend and stay busy doing that.

Remarkably though 3-4 months for a custom built to order guitar to your specs is really short. Compared to say many American luthiers who will quote you 2-4 YEAR delivery estimates. Yeah...

So that answer your question ??

Big

User Info Menu

Absolutely - thanks!

I guess I can wait that long - not that I have a choice. If the guitar is comparable to Eastman, I'll be extremely happy with the price and the wait.

User Info Menu

DJ

Like I was saying compared to Ameican luthiers, including big companies like Gibson or Heritage or Benedetto - a custom build can take years to even get started. So using YolandaTeam is remarkably fast.

Another option to consider is asking Ms. Lora what they have already built. Many times a customer will order something and for whatever reason walk away from the deal. Two weeks ago another poster mentioned two guitars Ms. Lora told him about that he liked. You might find something they have that really is to your liking once you see photos of it. Just because someone walked away from a deal does not cast ill light on what was built - many times a person changes their mind or has an emergency where paying for a guitar is no longer a viable option. So she MAY have something totally suited to you, check with her. She's really great to work with. Someday I want to go to China and meet The WU's and Lora and see how it is all done. Spend enough time in China to get the soil under my nails as it were. We are so ignorant about other cultures, it is good to be open to learning, priceless in fact.

Big
    Last edited by BigMikeinNJ; 02-24-2016 at 11:18 AM.

User Info Menu

I ordered my guitar in the latter part of August. There were several delays from the start due to a lack of wood availability for an 18" archtop. It wasn't until late November that I received even a sketch had been drawn. I suspect Mr. Wu was simply swamped with previous orders. But once I received that first sketch things have rolled along. So total time from beginning to end was just shy of 4 months...which is a remarkably short time for the build.

If anything, I'd toss out any time frame regarding Yunzhi. Mr Wu is doing his own thing now. And if anything, he may begin to be even busier than last year. Let's hope so.

User Info Menu

My Mom passed about half an hour ago. I'm gonna be off the radar for a while. When I do get the guitar I will post some photos... Sorry fellas, I guess it was her time.

Big

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeinNJ
    My Mom passed about half an hour ago. I'm gonna be off the radar for a while. When I do get the guitar I will post some photos... Sorry fellas, I guess it was her time.

Big
    Sorry to hear about that. My condolences.

User Info Menu

Big
    So sorry for your loss.
    Stay strong brother.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

User Info Menu

My sympathies to you and your family, Mike.

User Info Menu

Big
    So sorry to hear this. Take your time, get things together, well be hanging around. My best to you and your family.

User Info Menu

My Mom passed about half an hour ago. I'm gonna be off the radar for a while. When I do get the guitar I will post some photos... Sorry fellas, I guess it was her time. Goodness

Big
    Oh my goodness Mike.
    i am so sorry to hear about your Mom.
    I hope you are ok. I can't find the words to say.

I am sorry Mike.

User Info Menu

Hi, Mike,

Sorry for this sad news.Your Mom will be happy with your Dad in the heaven.

We are here with you.

Yours
    Lora

User Info Menu

condolences big mike

she'll always be with you..in every note you play

cheers

User Info Menu

Ouch! My condolences, Big Mike.

Here is an interesting questions -- What happened to Yunzhi? I can no longer find them on Aliexpress. They still have guitars on Ebay.

Anyone know anything?

So sorry to hear this. My condolences, Big Mike.

All the best for you and your family.

User Info Menu

Big
    I am really sorry to hear that, Mike. Just to let you know that I too just lost my mother (she died Friday morning following a stroke), so I know how you feel. Apart from all the practical stuff, time spent off the radar, in reflection (with or without a guitar), is what is needed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nils
    I am really sorry to hear that, Mike. Just to let you know that I too just lost my mother (she died Friday morning following a stroke), so I know how you feel. Apart from all the practical stuff, time spent off the radar, in reflection (with or without a guitar), is what is needed.
    Sorry to hear all of this guys, my condolences. My thoughts are with you and your families.

User Info Menu

NILS

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss also. I lost my Dad 13 years ago and am relieved for my Mom that she is now with him in Heaven. We share that pain, so what words can express more than we already feel. Perhaps you can take comfort from this New Testament tract, spoken by Jesus to His Desiples at The Last Supper. Knowing his fate was upon Him he instead tried to comfort His Disciples, reminding them he would be coming back to take them to be with Him in His Fathers' House... I've shared this countless times with others during their time of loss, now it's my time to take comfort in it. May your Mother RIP, and yes it's going to be guitar playing time. Time away from the cares of the world, already too heavy to worry over.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GregErnstMusic
    Ouch! My condolences, Big Mike.

Here is an interesting questions -- What happened to Yunzhi? I can no longer find them on Aliexpress. They still have guitars on Ebay.

Anyone know anything?

I don't know what you speak of. Right now whatever Yunzhi may or may not be going through is really of no interest to me. How about I send you on a little Sherlock Holmes errand, you hit their website, you try contacting one of the sellers, or Mr. Li and see what you come up with.
    Not to be rude to you but considering I had just posted about the loss of my Mom I found your question to be a tad too trivial.

BigMike

User Info Menu

Yeah, and very insensitive.

Mike, You don't even need to respond to bullshit like that. But your clarity is tremendous at a time like this.
    Now git to mourning and we are here for you bro, just as you are always here for us.

Love you man.
    Joe D.

User Info Menu

Sorry for your loss , our condolences to you and your family.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeNisco
    Yeah, and very insensitive.

Mike, You don't even need to respond to bullshit like that. But your clarity is tremendous at a time like this.
    Now git to mourning and we are here for you bro, just as you are always here for us.

Love you man.
    Joe D.
    Joe

If anyone knows what I am carrying right now it's you and Nils, who suddenly lost his Mom last week. Nils, again you know man I got your back and will be praying for your Mom and for you especially to be strong. And yeah fellas I will be hanging out playing guitar today - for 18 years twice a month this little sorry ass band of people from my church would go to convalescent homes and do our 1 hour real old church hymns for them. THE OLD STUFF, like The Old Rugged Cross, Shall We Gather At The River, In The Garden, He Lives... Those songs will be of great comfort to me today. Pretty soon I'll have my guitar from Lora here and those are the tunes I'll be breaking her in with.

Ya'll take care and if you got a second put in a good word for my Ma. Georgia Hale.

Thanks Guys...

Big

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nils

Hi,Nils,

Sorry to hear your lost in last few days. Feel so bad when hearing Mike and you lost your Mom. Hope you overcome the sadness.

My wishes for all of you.

Yours
    Lora

User Info Menu

Cheers, Mike, it's comforting to know - and the same right back at yer! I'll light a candle and send all my best thoughts to your Mom. And also thanks to you, Lora, you are very considerate.