The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 2241

User Info Menu

I got a Tele. A 10 year old US tele American Deluxe. Classic configuration, neck and bridge single coils (noiseless on mine).

I plug it into my Princeton Reverb '65 Reissue

I am a very happy man. It is the ultimate gigging guitar. The neck pickup has such a great sound for jazz with just a touch of roll off. Why did I ever waste my time playing things with f-holes?

Other people are invited to say nice things about Telecasters.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

as per stock lookin teles…get yourself a medium wound p90 styled t- pup for the neck and some 500k pots and you are good to go…smokey as gitanes

cheers

User Info Menu

Plus one on the stock Telecaster. I have a'66 Custom Telecaster with a rosewood board, narrow neck (I usually prefer more width and depth), skinny frets, too much roll-off on the neck pup and I LOVE IT TO BITS. I did replace the original steel threaded-rod barrels with some semi-intonated brass-barrels from StewMac which I like a LOT. Generally I use the middle position with treble roll-off to taste for a jazz-like tone or more occasionally, the bridge pup with varying degrees of r/o. There is just something about a Tele....which is not to say by any means that I neglect my arch-tops, or my other solids or semis. I just find the guitar inviting. Ninety-five percent of my periodic insomniac and habitual 5am unplugged practice is on the Tee. LOVE it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    I just find the guitar inviting. Ninety-five percent of my periodic insomniac and habitual 5am unplugged practice is on the Tee. LOVE it.

+1 on this. Handy for those of who have apt. neighbors to worry about at odd hrs. Plus the ergonomics are so nice with the neck access.

User Info Menu

I'm diggin' my tele thinline from RAM Guitars in Chicago -- yes, it's not a "classic" tele, but it's mighty nice!

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-ram-tele-jpg

User Info Menu

Tokai Breezy Sound TE-70, spaghetti logo from the "lawsuit" era around 1979.

Conceived in Fullerton, built in Hamamatsu...

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-tokai-breezysound-jpg

User Info Menu

I have an American Vintage Hot Rod 52 Telecaster that I play through a vintage 1965 Princeton with a Fender Branded JBL D110F. As the amp is non reverb, I use a Tone Candy Spring Fever pedal for reverb. The Guitar is strung with Thomastic flatwound 12's.

The Duncan Mini Humbucker puts out a superb jazz sound with this rig. Jazz on a Tele? You bet! Archtops are my favorite guitars, but solid bodies have a special place as well.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-tele-jazz-jpg
    Last edited by Stringswinger; 08-29-2015 at 01:57 PM.

User Info Menu

My Tele~~~

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-image-jpg

Last edited by 999369; 05-15-2016 at 03:12 AM.

User Info Menu

mine
    tele 40th anniversary,#245/300

Fred Stuart pick-ups

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-p-tele-40th-anniversary-jpg

User Info Menu

LOVE that neck on your Tele, 999369! Someday I hope to get one so nice.

User Info Menu

Danocaster T into a Princeton Reverb has been my main (and only) rig for the past year and I've never been happier.

I was researching Archtops and looking to get something hollow with a piezo to blend neck and acoustic sounds when I played this tele. Middle position blending in HB and bridge is what I was looking for and the neck plays like a dream.

User Info Menu

Here's a poorly shot pic of mine from my cell phone (1989 Tele Deluxe Plus):
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-0829134704-jpg 

User Info Menu

Here's a G&L ASAT Classic prototype I found in the mid-90's (a dealer near G&L was selling a bunch of prototypes). Really nice player, great tone.

Double bound body, bound neck, Seymour Duncan pu's, figured body, looks like macassar ebony fingerboard. When the light hits it right there's a very fine glitter in the finish (see last pic).

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-asat_classic_-1-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-asat_classic_-2-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-asat_classic_-3-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-asat_classic_-4-jpg

User Info Menu

Gentlemen,
    Anyone got a sound clip of a jazzy Tele

User Info Menu

perhaps this...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dave70
    LOVE that neck on your Tele, 999369! Someday I hope to get one so nice.
    Thanks !
    Years and years ago I see this guitar for sale ,in that time for me is very very hight price guitar
    so I drive 240mi each way to buy this guitar
    is Completely brand new so I ask the saller why you have this very good guitar and never play ~ why ?
    guitar is It belongs he's brother and is he's friend "Danny Gatton" give to him ( he's brother he do not play guitar ) Unfortunately ~~~~he need to sale it
    so I'm very luck to own this very Beautiful Tele~~~DG guitar

Last edited by 999369; 08-29-2015 at 03:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nodog
    Gentlemen,
    Anyone got a sound clip of a jazzy Tele
    How about some Wes on a Tele:

And more Frisell on a Tele.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I'm not entirely sure if this counts as a tele, but it's at least half a tele ;-)]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    P90s on a tele are very cool, but I shall keep this one the way god intended. :-)

just for info sake..i was talking about something like this...

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-creamery_custom_handwound_tele-90_telecaster_sized_p90_neck_pickup-jpg

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    just for info sake..i was talking about something like this...

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-creamery_custom_handwound_tele-90_telecaster_sized_p90_neck_pickup-jpg

cheers
    Rich creamery pick ups.

No I don't think I'll mod my US tele. I might get a classic vibe and dick around with it though... Those guitars are seriously nicely put together.

User Info Menu

Well, with all the Tele love, here is my current Tele and current main gigging guitar:

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_0399-jpg

Mahogany back, maple top, semi-hollow. Pete Biltoft HCC pickup. Warmoth neck with 1 3/4" nut.

User Info Menu

Blonde Baja and a satin Arizona Sun Standard
    Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-2tels-jpg
    Last edited by Deng; 08-30-2015 at 03:22 AM.