The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 52 of 90 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Posts 1,276 to 1,300 of 2241

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    id suggest alder body..rosewood neck..

this has deep c and 1.685 width you desire....v mod pickups place alnico II magnets under just b&e string of neck -pup...for more warmth...rest have alnico v

looks good on paper...if you encounter give it a go

Access to this page has been denied.

cheers
    Ill certainly check out that American Professional with the Rosewood board as you suggested. I might head back to TMZ tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here is my Fender Thinline, that is one of a kind. I was looking for a lightweight Tele and found this in a shop. It is basically a Fender Select Thinline from 2013. For 2 or 3 years the Fender Selects were the highest level production (non CS) guitars in the Fender line. Also, for a couple of years Fender had a program called American Design Experience where a customer could go to the Fender Visitors Center in Corona CA and order a guitar with custom features with the help of master builders there. That program turned into an online only thing, but this guitar was created by a customer in person who ordered three unique guitars, two Teles and a Strat. It's an ash body with a flame maple top. The main differences from the regular Select Thinline Tele are a hand finished Dark Green Amber burst finish, a see-through rear stain, and a flame maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. So it's the only one there is with these exact specs. It's only 6 pounds and I really like the neck-modern C, compound radius. I also really like the Select pickups, unique to the Select series, voiced between vintage and modern pickups. I played it next to an American Professional, and and American Elite in the shop, and much preferred these pickups. I'm quite enjoying it. It looks like the previous owner didn't play it much, I found it near mint with very little fret ware.
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-s-l1600-1-jpg Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-hor5-jpg Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-thinline-hor2-jpg 
    Last edited by picodogg; 11-15-2019 at 04:06 PM.

User Info Menu

so many beauties here! GAS for a telecaster

User Info Menu

My favorite Jazz tele is a all stock Fender short scale with original Guild neck pickup and 7 year old flat wounds.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-b14618e879f4b4ead895735a63aee4e9-970-80-jpg

User Info Menu

My 98 Thinline pictured above. Posted this clip in showcase thread but putting here in tele land. One of my tunes that was actually picked up by the weather channel for a few years for their local forecast music.

Here's Weather Channel version

Last edited by mmuller; 11-16-2019 at 03:35 PM.

User Info Menu

Although I love my latest Tele (of 4 or 5 over the past 20 years) and have shared it in this thread as eye candy, I’ve decided to say Farewell and Adieu to 25.5” scale. (A Les Paul Special is coming to console me momentarily.)

This instrument was put together by NoCal luthier Michael Walker from the elements I had assembled, namely a spalted maple-top mahogany body, a C-shaped pau ferro neck with a Brazilian fretboard, and Pete Biltoft’s Charlie Christian pickups. 8 pounds of tonal density with pianistic clarity.

Attachment 66478Attachment 66476Attachment 66477

If you know anyone looking for this sort of Tele, send them to my JGO ad from yesterday:
    Quilter TB 202, Tele Biltoft CC, Radial Headbone, more

...or to Robert’s Excessories @Reverb.

User Info Menu

Rhl-ferndale, gorgeous Tele. I was working up X-mas songs for December gigs. I played the Tele Custom into a Tweed Deluxe. The pure tone of the neck pickup reading the 25-1/2" scale was wonderful.

It makes me question why I ever used a Les Paul or other 24-3/4" scale guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    ... I was working up X-mas songs for December gigs. I played the Tele Custom into a Tweed Deluxe....
    It makes me question why I ever used a Les Paul or other 24-3/4" scale guitar.
    I began my “serious guitar life” with a beat-up ‘61 Strat in, oh, 1968? Then a newer Strat, etc. etc. It was not until the late 1990s that I tried a Telecaster. I was still 5-6 years away from being interested in studying jazz on a jazzbox (a Heritage 575). Once that happened, though, I experienced a gradual (glacial? Inexorable certainly) reorientation away from the Fender Way to the Gibson Way.

Telecasters have been a constant from late 1990s till now, but 24.75” archtops have become the dominant species in my little ecosystem, so despite what can be done with Telecaster + jazz mind, I’m closing that chapter...book...room..?whatever it is.

At least until my 70s, which are not far off. Maybe in my second childhood, if I have one, Telecaster will come back and say, Remember me?

User Info Menu

Way back in this thread I saw where someone stated that there was a limited run of MIJ Joe Massino Fender Telecaster...it looked fantastic, IMHO, with the jazzmaster neck on a tele body...does anyone own one of these and want to sell it ?Thanks in advance.

User Info Menu

This weekend I made another trip back to The Music Zoo to play more Telecasters. During my last visit I really liked the Britt Daniel thinline Model for its light weight and tone - but I decided to play every Telecaster they had with a 1.687 nut. They had some new ones out that I hadn’t played during last visit.

The one that sounded the most like an Archtop amplified was the quilt top rarity with the humbucker neck pickup.

However, the one with the best playability was the 2019 Ultra with next generation noiseless pickups. The Ultra replaces last year’s Elite model. I kept going back and forth between the Britt, the Rarity and the Ultra and ultimately purchased the Ultra for a few reasons:

1) I liked the neck feel with rolled edges and silky smooth fingerboard. Also the 10-14” compound radius was more conducive to chord melody playing.
    2) I liked the individual saddles , which on the Ultra is chrome plating over solid brass. I found the 3 cylinder saddles to be awkward and string spacing varied considerably from each guitar. Also the little milled notch on the saddle left a sharp edge where the string resides - not good for tone or string longevity.
    3) The locking tuners are also beautiful.
    4) The S1 switch provides some options with tone which I found appealing.
    5) The butterscotch finish just looked classic Telecaster and was hard to resist.

I bought this because I’ve developed finger tip nerve pain and wanted something with lighter strings that I can work out my arrangements - and I’ve always wanted to try a Telecaster. I actually played it for 3 hours Saturday and it was effortless. It was a tough decision between the three guitars but I chose the one that was easiest to play. It’s fit and finish is immaculate. I attached a pic

Anyway - that’s my Tele story. I guess I’m part of the Tele club ....for the time being.

I attached a pic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    ...I guess I’m part of the Tele club ....for the time being.
    Looks like .. a Telecaster!

User Info Menu

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-trio-jpg

My workhorse, lightweight, well balanced, fat U neck, and fantastic PU.

User Info Menu

I think i posted my Tele earlier in the thread, but here's a short clip of it playing jazz. Don't use it for jazz often, but i've played jazz gigs with it and it handled it just fine!

User Info Menu

Check out this Tele...

User Info Menu

Cecil is a wonderful player and artist.

User Info Menu

My baby:

User Info Menu

Not everyone's cuppa tea ...

... nor am I.

The Eclectic Collector: 1994 TLG-94P MIJ “50th Anniversary” Fender Custom Telecaster - GuitarPlayer.comNumbers say '97 imo but internet 'experts' say it's a "1994 Anniversary Custom '62 reissue aka: Los Vegas, Nashville, or (my fave) Saudi Tele."

I've never found evidence Slash played one, as the article states, but I think I'll keep it anyways.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by West LA Jazz
    Check out this Tele...

whole new thread to come- Benson picking on a Tele!

User Info Menu

I know, I know, it's not a "Telecaster" per se but I think this baby should sound fantastic, specially in the neck pickup position:

User Info Menu

Squier Classic Vibe 60s Custom. I like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dhango
    I know, I know, it's not a "Telecaster" per se but I think this baby should sound fantastic, specially in the neck pickup position:
    Nice finish! Is that "Irish Ale"?

User Info Menu

So anyone knows what tele and setup Cecil is using?

User Info Menu

I’m looking forward to getting this bad boy installed. A tortoise pick guard from Warmoth is also on its way.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-420e70a5-e204-471a-abdf-546baad62a79-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-2b54526f-388a-45f8-98a9-5013de7414c6-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    This weekend I made another trip back to The Music Zoo to play more Telecasters. During my last visit I really liked the Britt Daniel thinline Model for its light weight and tone - but I decided to play every Telecaster they had with a 1.687 nut. They had some new ones out that I hadn’t played during last visit.

The one that sounded the most like an Archtop amplified was the quilt top rarity with the humbucker neck pickup.

However, the one with the best playability was the 2019 Ultra with next generation noiseless pickups. The Ultra replaces last year’s Elite model. I kept going back and forth between the Britt, the Rarity and the Ultra and ultimately purchased the Ultra for a few reasons:

1) I liked the neck feel with rolled edges and silky smooth fingerboard. Also the 10-14” compound radius was more conducive to chord melody playing.
    2) I liked the individual saddles , which on the Ultra is chrome plating over solid brass. I found the 3 cylinder saddles to be awkward and string spacing varied considerably from each guitar. Also the little milled notch on the saddle left a sharp edge where the string resides - not good for tone or string longevity.
    3) The locking tuners are also beautiful.
    4) The S1 switch provides some options with tone which I found appealing.
    5) The butterscotch finish just looked classic Telecaster and was hard to resist.

I bought this because I’ve developed finger tip nerve pain and wanted something with lighter strings that I can work out my arrangements - and I’ve always wanted to try a Telecaster. I actually played it for 3 hours Saturday and it was effortless. It was a tough decision between the three guitars but I chose the one that was easiest to play. It’s fit and finish is immaculate. I attached a pic

Anyway - that’s my Tele story. I guess I’m part of the Tele club ....for the time being.

I attached a pic
    Welcome to the brite side.... Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Nice finish! Is that "Irish Ale"?
    Supossely yes...