Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 47 of 90 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Posts 1,151 to 1,175 of 2242
    Here's mine. It's a partscaster. Assembly as follows:

1. Body - Daphne Blue Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
    2. Neck - Warmoth
    3. Pickups - Fender Vintage Noiseless Tele with a Strat pickup
    4. Tuners - Fender Vintage look locking

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-build5-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-2018-christms-ubc-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Finally got my first telecaster (and I wonder why I have waited for so long before buying one), a baja 60s with pau ferro fretboard. Now I’m a believer.
    Here it is fresh out of the store:

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-71f0e298-aa05-4903-8cc8-6ee7ed5ec6b9-jpg

Great guitar, love the sound and playability, can’t put it down. The fret edges however need to be limed a bit.

User Info Menu

Anyone had a play of the new Performer series? Looks interesting - getting tempted by the HS model and am going to seek one out to try when I am in London next month.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aant
    Finally got my first telecaster (and I wonder why I have waited for so long before buying one), a baja 60s with pau ferro fretboard. Now I’m a believer.
    Here it is fresh out of the store:

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-71f0e298-aa05-4903-8cc8-6ee7ed5ec6b9-jpg

Great guitar, love the sound and playability, can’t put it down. The fret edges however need to be limed a bit.
    Beautiful. With just a bit of care and minor tweaks if required (e.g. I had to change the nut on mine) she’ll give you many satisfactions. Baja 60s are great teles.

User Info Menu

New to the world of jazz guitar, but I’ve been playing rock and reggae for 40 years. This is my 2015 Classic Vibe by Squier. I love the jazz tones it produces. It’s stock except for an ElectroSocket jack cup. I don’t like to over-think something as basic as a Telecaster, buy a good one and just play the hell out of it. It’s an amazing invention.
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-bb529175-db8b-41f6-9985-1fbdd5d7d7b7-jpeg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Airdale
    New to the world of jazz guitar, but I’ve been playing rock and reggae for 40 years. This is my 2015 Classic Vibe by Squier. I love the jazz tones it produces. It’s stock except for an ElectroSocket jack cup. I don’t like to over-think something as basic as a Telecaster, buy a good one and just play the hell out of it. It’s an amazing invention.
    You can’t go wrong with that setup.

User Info Menu

(maybe it is already addressed in this thread but I'm too lazy to read it all back )

What stings do you use on your Tele? I use .011 Thomastiks Swings (flatwounds). Love the sound that gives!

(My tele is a modern player P90 Thinline body with Squier classic vibe neck with rosewood (or maybe Indian Laurel wood) fingerboard)
    Last edited by Little Jay; 05-23-2019 at 04:46 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    (maybe it is already addressed in this thread but I'm too lazy to read it all back )

What stings do you use on your Tele? I use .011 Thomastiks Swings (flatwounds). Love the sound that gives!

(My tele is a modern player P90 Thinline body with Squier classic vibe neckt with rosewood (or maybe Indian Laurel wood) fingerboard)
    Yeah it’s funny I was never happy with the sound of TI flats on a tele

OTOH I hate low gauge trebles, so now I use TI bebops .12

My tele with my taylor. T&T

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

A partscaster I finished recently. It's rapidly turning into my #1.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_20181223_103702-jpg

User Info Menu

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-dsc_1162-640x360-jpg
    Squier Vintage vibe Tele custom with tweaks.

Telecasters; Find it, Tweak it, Play it, Keep it, Rate it!

<Plug + Bump>.......Jazz Tele Venture

User Info Menu

I'm a lifetime user/fan of carved body archtops.

But, I am just going to say it: the Telecaster is the greatest electric guitar ever created, by a mile.

User Info Menu

Jazzbow-Is that a Lollar CC pickup in the neck? Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B
    Vintage Vibe by Pete Biltoft (missspel't).

Click the link on the original post and all will be explained my friend!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay

(My tele is a modern player P90 Thinline body with Squier classic vibe neck with rosewood (or maybe Indian Laurel wood) fingerboard)
    I use DR Pure Blues .11s
    I tried flats for a while but I just prefer the sound and the versatility of roundwounds. And the Pure Blues are pretty warm-sounding.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbow
    Vintage Vibe by Pete Biltoft .
    Small world-I had Pete build me a CC for my Strat guitar! :-)

Nothing but the best, eh?

Doug

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B
    I have the Lollar CC in my thinline tele. I like it.

User Info Menu

Such a great thread with beautiful pictures. I’ll contribute with an old clip made with a standard Tele I have.

User Info Menu

ErikWasser,

Thanks for the Tele clip. "Don't Worry Baby" is an absolutely classic Brian Wilson chart. You nailed it. Again, thanks.

User Info Menu

My Esquire:
    Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-f876394b-dc3d-4101-9e9f-a53527316c7c-jpg

My Thinline:
    Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-1f7e3a1c-4fb7-4f5a-aa23-26b06ccd5fd8-jpg

Both are fantastic guitars. I really really love them.

User Info Menu

From a local guitar luthier here in Norway (it did not come with orange strings, but I couldn’t resist the temptation)
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-9005f5fc-a4b8-48ae-a1a9-3d839cd65b5b-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by morroben
    A partscaster I finished recently. It's rapidly turning into my #1.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_20181223_103702-jpg
    I like the bridge - have you tried the toploader option yet? Or mixing the two?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ErikWasser
    From a local guitar luthier here in Norway (it did not come with orange strings, but I couldn’t resist the temptation)
    Wow ... no neck pup. I rarely use bridge pup!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Esquires rules and are one of your best teachers!

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-de3fbf64-d1ed-4bfa-aeb9-0280ec433db1-jpg

User Info Menu

Okay I’ll admit I have no love for Telecasters. I don’t begrudge anyone who does like or love them. What I don’t understand is how this thread rates a sticky ?