The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 84 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Posts 2,076 to 2,100 of 2241

User Info Menu

Pretty sure the only difference should be the slant of the bridge pickup, and I've even seen RH guitars switched out to have a reverse slant (warming up the treble strings). You'll have to route out the body, unless you're just going to leave the bridge pickup out completely. I

However, sounds like you're replacing the heavier, somewhat "L"-shaped bridge w/ 6 saddles...watch out for proper mounting screw alignment (3 vs 4, and in front or behind the string-through-body holes.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim232777
    Pretty sure the only difference should be the slant of the bridge pickup, and I've even seen RH guitars switched out to have a reverse slant (warming up the treble strings). You'll have to route out the body, unless you're just going to leave the bridge pickup out completely. I

However, sounds like you're replacing the heavier, somewhat "L"-shaped bridge w/ 6 saddles...watch out for proper mounting screw alignment (3 vs 4, and in front or behind the string-through-body holes.
    Thanks Jim. I am planning on leaving the bridge pick up out.

User Info Menu

I repurposed Skip Ellis' hollowbody with a 24.75" scale mahogany and rosewood neck. Fun guitar to play. Very light and some acoustic sound comes through. Besides the hollowness I think that the Gibson scale length helps bring that out.
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_1060-jpg Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_1061-jpg 

User Info Menu

Looks great! Who did the neck?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Ellis
    Looks great! Who did the neck?
    Best Guitar Parts did the neck. Priced out is wasn't very expensive. They do their version of a Tele headstock that just needs a very minor amount of sanding to make it almost authentic looking. I did have a spare Allparts neck on it for a while. But as I think you experienced the acoustic sound didn't come out much with the Fender scale length. For some reason it does better with that with the Gibson scale length.

User Info Menu

As far as I can see the main differences are the pick ups and bridge.

Both bodies are alder, both necks maple, same amount of frets, same scale, same fretboard radius.

Can these two differences ( pick ups and bridge ) really make that much of a difference?

I have a Lollar CC neck pup in my Player and have a Callaham bridge with brass compensated saddles on the way

I wonder how far my Player will be from the Am Pro II?

User Info Menu

I received the lefty Callaham bridge and brass compensated saddles today.

My hot-rodded Player Telecaster

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img20230421233017-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Liarspoker
    I received the lefty Callaham bridge and brass compensated saddles today.

My hot-rodded Player Telecaster
    Looks great! I think it's good you got a lefty bridge...just in case!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim232777
    Looks great! I think it's good you got a lefty bridge...just in case!
    Yes, I couldn't have picked better. Really makes that Lollar sing.
    I got lucky for once

User Info Menu

2020 nacho
    Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-302a2de4-480c-4473-89f6-272309116aad-jpg

User Info Menu

Fender Telecaster, the perfect guitar (for me).

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20230424_135226-jpg

2006 'Inlay' 60th Anniversary Ltd Edition #29 of 1000, 2019 Elite Thinline, both owned since new.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    2020 nacho
    Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-302a2de4-480c-4473-89f6-272309116aad-jpg
    Dang!!!

User Info Menu

What strings are recommended for blues/jazz on a Telecaster? I use Thomastik-Infeld JS112 Jazz Swing Flatwounds on my Godin 5th Ave arch top.

Too much for the Tele?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

12s are great on a tele for jazz, but you won't be doing many bluesy bends with them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gladders
    12s are great on a tele for jazz, but you won't be doing many bluesy bends with them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It's interesting that you can get a lower action with 12's without fret buzz, than 9's.

This is because there is less tension in 9's than 12's at the same pitch, so 9's oscillate in a larger circle causing more fret buzz than 12's.

A low action and using 12's is even worse for "bluesy bends".

User Info Menu

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_2950-jpg
    I‘d like to add my own product, my new Tvcaster guitar. It‘s a thinline w/o f-hole, topload with a beefy neck and Häussel pickups. Sounds paramount and plays like a dream. I love Telecasters, especially unique ones.

User Info Menu

Here's a pic of my 7 string Tele, I built about 10 years ago, sadly gathering dust.

User Info Menu

I played just about every Tele for sale below $2,500 here in town a couple of weeks ago, looking for light weight and acoustic resonance. I ended up with a Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele. It was a close shootout between the Squier and a $1000 MJT partscaster. The fretwork on the Squier was very good, if not excellent, and the guitar is quite acoustically resonant—pine body, 7.3 lbs. The shop is setting it up with TI 12 gauge flatwounds and I pick it up tomorrow.
    Last edited by wzpgsr; 07-13-2023 at 09:50 AM.

User Info Menu

And here it is…

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_0530-jpeg

User Info Menu

Without a doubt the best tele-style guitar I've ever played, possibly my favorite electric I've ever owned.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_7118-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_7104-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_7103-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    And here it is…

Looks just like mine. Can’t believe how much guitar it is for the price.

User Info Menu

And here it is…

It looks great as well!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Esport
    Looks just like mine. Can’t believe how much guitar it is for the price.
    And without a doubt shipped with the crappiest electronics I’ve ever encountered. Noisy, microphonic, crackling and cutting out…it’s a mess. Pretty sure I’ll be learning how to build a quality wiring harness soon.

User Info Menu

And without a doubt shipped with the crappiest electronics I’ve ever encountered. Noisy, microphonic, crackling and cutting out…it’s a mess. Pretty sure I’ll be learning how to build a quality wiring harness soon.
    It’s not difficult!

While at it, put a treble bleed and a 4-way switch (both pu’s in series), you’ll thank me later hahaha.

Here’s mine. I used the minipots of the (very cheap) prewired control plate, since they worked fine and felt good. I used cloth wire and bought a better switch. The cap came from an old 50ies German tube amp. I connected the pots with an extra ground wire, but that’s not even necessary.

User Info Menu

That’s a shame. I’ve had to do nothing to mine except change the strings. Zero complaints after several years.