The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Posts 1,976 to 2,000 of 2242

User Info Menu

That ^^^ is like the mutant offspring of a tele and a Les Paul junior. I've never seen anything quite like it.

I love it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gladders
    That ^^^ is like the mutant offspring of a tele and a Les Paul junior. I've never seen anything quite like it.

I love it.
    That's exactly what the head honchos at G&L had in mind and AFAIK it was also the last project which Leo F. himself was involved with : an all mahogany semi-hollow ASAT with a Gibson-style
    bridge/tailpiece assembly. Quite the mongrel but a very unique and toneful one at that ! The semi-hollow construction cuts weight, adds snap+response and the mahogany adds warmth - what's not to like !

User Info Menu

The plastic covering on the pickguard is peeling away naturally on my relatively new telecaster.

Should I just carefully pull it all off and will it come away in one piece?

I know that if the plastic peels away on a Les Paul the pickguard is left very sticky.

Thank youTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img20220118220230-jpg

User Info Menu

I take that off as soon as I get a guitar home. Do you leave the plastic on a slice of American cheese?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    I take that off as soon as I get a guitar home. Do you leave the plastic on a slice of American cheese?
    No, I'm vegan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Liarspoker
    No, I'm vegan
    I think you're safe if you leave the plastic on. It will pass through your digestive system untouched.

User Info Menu

My parts Tele has been my main guitar for many years now, through many styles. Schecter custom shop Birdseye maple neck, mid 90s. Jeff Neville body, chambered northern ash w maple top and back, abt 15 yrs old. Taipan Tone stainless bridge w compensated brass saddles. Klein ‘Tele p-90’ (now called Fatboy) in the bridge. No neck p’up.

Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-2b707883-3554-476f-8ad9-761d962357f4-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stropheus
    My parts Tele has been my main guitar for many years now, through many styles. Schecter custom shop Birdseye maple neck, mid 90s. Jeff Neville body, chambered northern ash w maple top and back, abt 15 yrs old. Taipan Tone stainless bridge w compensated brass saddles. Klein ‘Tele p-90’ (now called Fatboy) in the bridge. No neck p’up.

No neck pickup? That's just crazy talk.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Caboverde
    What kind of top is that? Ziricote?
    Bubinga wood.

User Info Menu

No neck pickup? That's just crazy talk.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk
    I know, right? I originally intended for there to be a neck p'up. I selected a bridge model 1st and wanted to make sure I liked it before choosing it's mate. After a few months I was sold on the Klein and ordered one of his Tele neck models. The p'up itself sounded great, but the added weight of it actually deadened the resonance of the chambered body, so I pulled it out. Might sound crazy, but I definitely heard the difference. I've been amazingly happy with just the bridge. Roll the vol off a bit and it really warms up. Can absolutely work for jazz, as long as you don't expect Wes tone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Two5one
    New pickups for one of my Squier CV Custom 62 Telecasters.

Barfuss P-33 at the neck, humbucker with P90 sound.
    Häussel BigMag at the bridge. Both german pickup manufacturer.
    The P-33 sounds very open and reminds a little of a semi-acoustic guitar.

Attachment 87558
    I went looking for one of those pickups because it looks so sweet in your CVC. This one caught my eye instead. Maybe it's a translation thing.

single bugger

Our single bugger set consists of a neck pickup and a bridge pickup. Both pickups house an Alnico single coil pickup in their humbucker case. We can produce this set in different variations, for example: S-style neck pickup and T-style bridge pickup or Jazzmaster tone for both positions. The pickups can be manufactured with different decorative colors (white, black and tortoise). They are supplied with a two-wire shielded connection cable.
    UNIT PRICE: 80€ SET PRICE: 160€

User Info Menu

I went looking for one of those pickups because it looks so sweet in your CVC. This one caught my eye instead. Maybe it's a translation thing.

single bugger

Our single bugger set consists of a neck pickup and a bridge pickup. Both pickups house an Alnico single coil pickup in their humbucker case. We can produce this set in different variations, for example: S-style neck pickup and T-style bridge pickup or Jazzmaster tone for both positions. The pickups can be manufactured with different decorative colors (white, black and tortoise). They are supplied with a two-wire shielded connection cable.
    UNIT PRICE: 80€ SET PRICE: 160€
    let us know when the pickups are installed and show photos

User Info Menu

There a spot in the market for the "cheeky bugger" pickup.

User Info Menu

Solved: Just pushed it down very hard

Hey all,

I have a Player Tele and am messing with it a bit.

Got two roadworn pots for volume and tone. One of the pots fits both volume and tone very well but the other pot doesn't go down all the way to the body (see pics).

As far as I can tell both elements of tone and volume controls are the same size and the pots look the same size too.

Anybody know what's wrong?

Thank you Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img20220201131314-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img20220201131226-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img20220201131134-jpg
    Last edited by Liarspoker; 02-01-2022 at 09:56 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Liarspoker;[URL="tel:1177747"
    1177747[/URL]]Solved: Just pushed it down very hard

Hey all,

I have a Player Tele and am messing with it a bit.

Got two roadworn pots for volume and tone. One of the pots fits both volume and tone very well but the other pot doesn't go down all the way to the body (see pics).

As far as I can tell both elements of tone and volume controls are the same size and the pots look the same size too.

Anybody know what's wrong?

Thank you Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img20220201131314-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img20220201131226-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img20220201131134-jpg
    This may be a dumb question, but have you looked to see if anything was shoved down the knob’s hole like a shaft sleeve or wadded paper?

User Info Menu

Danny Gatton Signature Custom Shop Telecaster, Thanks for looking !!!

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-1aa58628-f30a-493e-8039-f9e9e90ff546_1_201_a-jpeg

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-c7093150-e696-491d-af91-e83d1af79a8e_1_201_a-jpeg

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-5a49d226-d643-4e06-94e3-ed9f101a38ac_1_201_a-jpeg

User Info Menu

Here's my new custom made telecaster-style guitar. I was hoping for a tone in between a telecaster and a semihollow guitar and get rid of the hum. Jochen, the builder suggested a hollow pine body, mahagony top and the humbucker pickups made by Harry Haeussel. It's exactly like imagined, has the snap of a tele with the warmth of the humbuckers and the air of the hollow body. Perfect for the funk band – while I'll still prefer my ES 330 or Ibanez GB for our organ trio. The top is painted in "Kölner Brückengrün", a color that all bridges in my home town Cologne are painted with.
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-signal-2022-02-05-105341_001-jpeg 

User Info Menu

guavajelly, who is the luthier of your Tele ?

User Info Menu

Me again. I put on Flatwound Strings Thomastik JS111, it's a whole different animal now.
    I love the sound of fresh flatwouds. Just saying.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-teleflatwound2-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Two5one
    guavajelly, who is the luthier of your Tele ?
    Jochen Imhoff, Sign Guitars in Aachen, Germany

User Info Menu

That ^^^ is like the mutant offspring of a tele and a Les Paul junior. I've never seen anything quite like it. I love it.
    Fender did this in '92 with their Fender CS Tele Jr. Both the Fender and the G&L should have been done with wraptail bridges.
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-fender-cs-tele-jr-92-jpg Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_4379-jpg 

User Info Menu

Like this (but with P-90s). I'm working on one right now - pix to come once it's complete.
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-fender-wraptail-jpg 

User Info Menu

I'm also blessed to be playing with a Singer like this

https://youtube.com/shorts/VHjATLjGCvQ?feature=share

User Info Menu

After the nuclear apocalypse of 2025, all that will be left living are cockroaches, telecasters, and Keith Richards. And the telecasters will still be in tune.
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-keith-richards-jpg 

User Info Menu

What type of pickups? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 999369