The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 72 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Posts 1,776 to 1,800 of 2242

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    For MIA guitars you can choose between medium jumbo and vintage: Custom Shop Guitar Options | G&L Musical Instruments
    The frets on the Tribute imports must be different.
    Yes, this is one big difference between the Tribute series from Asia and the USA models. With the Fullerton models you also get to specify any belly/forearm contouring, and a lot more. But I took mine on trade, and felt I got the better end of everything, so I’m learning to live with it. Definitely going with mediums on my build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The vintage frets are more to my taste at 0,043 height as opposed to 0.057 for the medium jumbo - that's very close to what I have on my 1961 ES-175D in terms of hight. The downside going custom shop is the additional cost of shipping to Europe and import duties, so I'd prefer to find something that can be bought directy from a European (non-UK since Brexit) supplier or shop. If I can't source anything in a tele shape my fallback 2xP90 could be the new Gibson ES-330 Slim Harpo "Lovell" for which I am awaiting quotes from the European shops...... not a tele but a really nice piece of kit from the looks of it
    Last edited by Ray175; 04-04-2021 at 04:32 AM.

User Info Menu

It took about a year but I finally got all the parts together for my dream build!

MJT alder body, Warmoth roasted maple neck (fatback contour), McNelly bliss pickups, Rutters bridge and saddles, mostly fender for all the little parts.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-jpeg-image-2-jpg

And here’s the preliminary fitting:

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-jpeg-image-3-jpg

This is my main player I’ve had for several years now. Squier body, allparts fat neck, Bill Lawrence Keystone pickups, 4-way switch.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-jpeg-image-4-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    Damn, haven't checked this thread for a while... serious gas attack!

How about this one?

I love Teles. I have five! This is a drool-worthy instrument, but honestly, the only thing "Tele" about it is the body shape.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sambae
    It took about a year but I finally got all the parts together for my dream build!

MJT alder body, Warmoth roasted maple neck (fatback contour), McNelly bliss pickups, Rutters bridge and saddles, mostly fender for all the little parts.

Welcome! And congrats -- that will be a sweet guitar!

Marc

User Info Menu

My Tele - weight 8 lb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sambae

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-jpeg-image-2-jpg

And here’s the preliminary fitting:

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-jpeg-image-3-jpg

This is my main player I’ve had for several years now. Squier body, allparts fat neck, Bill Lawrence Keystone pickups, 4-way switch.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-jpeg-image-4-jpg
    That's going to be a sweet player! More pix when it's done, please!

User Info Menu

anyone here using the gibson scale conversion neck by warmoth? I always wanted to try a tele with a shorter scale and flatter radius, but almost 400 euro (shipping/taxes) is a lot for just a fun experiment.. But i recently sold the guitar pedals that i stopped using, were hidden in my closet (some i even forgot i had) and which resulted in a surprising amount of guitar money
    So now i’m tempted again..

User Info Menu

I haven't tried Warmoth conversion necks, but I have conversion necks from Musikraft, which I love, and Best Guitar Parts, which are my favorite. They bring my Telecasters closer in feel to my ES-335, which was my goal.

User Info Menu

I thought this might interest folks here, I review I just did for the Donner DJC-1000S.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Reichbart
    I thought this might interest folks here, I review I just did for the Donner DJC-1000S.

Nice, it sounds really good for an inexpensive instrument. How well did it stay in tune (taking the factory intonation into consideration)?

(Edited for spelling)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zcostilla
    Nice, it sounds really good for an inexpensive instrument. How elk did it stay in tune (taking the factory intonation into consideration)?

Yeah, the intonation surprised me as well, I can only imagine these guitars are machine cut with laser precision which in the past may have been a costly and complicated procedure but now is apparently achievable at low cost. I really struggled to find an out-of-tune note on this guitar as you saw.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Reichbart
    Yeah, the intonation surprised me as well, I can only imagine these guitars are machine cut with laser precision which in the past may have been a costly and complicated procedure but now is apparently achievable at low cost. I really struggled to find an out-of-tune note on this guitar as you saw.
    Thank you... and I hate my autocorrect. I call it autoconfuse.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by waltf
    anyone here using the gibson scale conversion neck by warmoth? I always wanted to try a tele with a shorter scale and flatter radius, but almost 400 euro (shipping/taxes) is a lot for just a fun experiment.. But i recently sold the guitar pedals that i stopped using, were hidden in my closet (some i even forgot i had) and which resulted in a surprising amount of guitar money
    I have one and love it, and will get another to do a Strat as well.

User Info Menu

I have one on a Strat, roasted maple with roasted maple fingerboard so it didn't need to be finished. Feels great under the hand. I've had it for 5 years or so, very stable. Smelled amazing when it was unboxed, sort of like a smoky maple-y incense, but that didn't last.

it also changes the sound of the instrument. Less twang, rounder highs. I liked that, but putting one on a Tele or Strat will shift the tone somewhat.

User Info Menu

I love my Hanh model "C", made out of sugar pine, light, resonant, and a delight to play. The pickups on this one are custom (Jazz-Tele) pickups by Pete Biltoft from Vintage Vibe Guitars. The neck has a very thick, girthy, fat tone!

Cheers,
    Arnie...

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20210116_161537-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20210116_161752-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20210116_161913-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20210116_161659-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20210116_161805-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20210116_161730-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20210116_161919-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20210116_162030-jpg

Just upgraded the Neck PU to a Pete Biltoft Custom CC without modifications!

?
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20210524_010212-jpg Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20210524_010212-jpg 
    Last edited by arnie65; 05-24-2021 at 08:30 AM.

My weapons of choice
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-d113c23a-4f86-4d1c-b0e8-c2231e7a3cac-jpg Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-167b6191-98d5-49e6-9fa5-8e3c72ca918a-jpg Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-0f771b09-4f35-4c9f-a6c7-c527cc25f17a-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GaloDeBarcelos
    My weapons of choice
    A pair of lovely intsruments!

User Info Menu

I have. I put a Warmoth conversion neck on my first partscaster on the advice of another builder because I have exceedingly short fingers. I went with their "modern" neck with a 10"-16" compound radius. I works fine, I think it was over $300 USD with the options I wanted (ebony FB, pearl dots, EVO gold frets). String tension is lower on the short scale, so I actually played 11s on it for awhile. "Balanced Tension" strings are also a good option for short scale guitars. Ultimately, I found myself want the snap and tension of a regular scale and built myself another with different pickups. I did stay with the modern, compound radius neck again. Warmoth necks are great, it's too bad they cost so much to get over there. Cheers RB

Jim Campilongo sorry bad spelling but the name on the headstock of your new guitar is a very interesting player mixing country with jazz very eclectic.

My tele is a Nash with Lollar med wind Imperials and rosewood finger board and I love it quite a bit. Lite relic sky blue color. I use nickel 11s and tune it down a half step to get a Ted Green vibe.

User Info Menu

Here's my new tele i bough couple of weeks ago. 98 nocaster. Thinner neck then what you would expect from a nocaster.
    Needed to get used to it but really liking it now.

Flickr

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Boy
    I have. I put a Warmoth conversion neck on my first partscaster on the advice of another builder because I have exceedingly short fingers. I went with their "modern" neck with a 10"-16" compound radius. I works fine, I think it was over $300 USD with the options I wanted (ebony FB, pearl dots, EVO gold frets). String tension is lower on the short scale, so I actually played 11s on it for awhile. "Balanced Tension" strings are also a good option for short scale guitars. Ultimately, I found myself want the snap and tension of a regular scale and built myself another with different pickups. I did stay with the modern, compound radius neck again. Warmoth necks are great, it's too bad they cost so much to get over there. Cheers RB
    Thanks. i would still love to check one out.. one day when we cam travel more freely I can hopefully pick one of these necks up in the US.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steve burchfield
    My tele is a Nash with Lollar med wind Imperials and rosewood finger board and I love it quite a bit. Lite relic sky blue color. I use nickel 11s and tune it down a half step to get a Ted Green vibe.
    I use the D'Addario 11-52, the heavier bass string gives the chords a fuller sound in the Tele's.

Cheers,
    Arnie...

User Info Menu

Has anyone tried the new-ish FLUENCE "Gristle Tone" Tele pickups by Fishman ? What I've heard + read so far is making me very interested but - as usual - the clips on youtube do NOT help to form an opinion on the clean/warm/UN-distorted tonal character of these units. I was hoping they could replace the DiMarzio AREA pickups in my Tele with which I'm increasingly dissatisfied these days ...
    Please share your experiences !