The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 65 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Posts 1,601 to 1,625 of 2241

User Info Menu

Has anyone played or seen the Ultra Telecaster? I'm getting rid of two other solid bodies and it appeals to me because of the contouring and the relatively low weight (I know a thin line is even lighter). The noiseless pickups (gen 5) get good reviews. Any opinions?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

I play a Nash T style with Lawler med wind Humbuckers this is my second Nash so I think they are great. Mine is lite relic and seems very comfortable to me. Some players Hate relic but to each his own. Nash heard this common complaint and came up with lite relic. You can not always find a used one with everything you want. They are available with Lawler CC pickups which Tim Lurch demos on YT. Humbucker Music allows 5 to 7 days to try it out so you have little to lose.To me he just has the formula right for something you can order today. With this guitar I have my PHD in telecaster. Finally Done! I guess you could call it a GIB FEN or a FEN GIB with two humbuckers. The neck is a fifties larger size hand cut I think. Anyway of all the telecasters in my life I like these the best!

My telecaster next to my strat,guild,taylor and carpri classical

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silvertonebetty
    My telecaster next to my strat,guild,taylor and carpri classical

It’s a nice and versatile collection, but the picture doesn’t do them right ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    Should i take them out of the case for you.Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed

This better

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silvertonebetty
    This better

Much better!

User Info Menu

Just in my little corner of the world...I'm a home player and had an itch for a tele so I just went on and bought the new Performer and a blues cube a couple months back. Finally after tinkering around with the cube settings and tele vol and tone and upping string gauge I'm finally getting the tone I was after. I went thru Stringjoy and customized a set 12-16-20w-28-38-50 and raised the action up for my likes and I'm really liking the tone and playability. I really like the tone control (greasebucket tone circuit) as it does not muddy up the sound but sweetens in any pu position oh and there's no such thing as ice-pick bridge sound with this tele

User Info Menu

Hi, is there anyone that has experience with Harley Benton Fusion-T HH?
    I am considering to buy it, but on YouTube, I did not find any video with clean tone playing jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by BFrench
    Just in my little corner of the world...I'm a home player and had an itch for a tele so I just went on and bought the new Performer and a blues cube a couple months back. Finally after tinkering around with the cube settings and tele vol and tone and upping string gauge I'm finally getting the tone I was after. I went thru Stringjoy and customized a set 12-16-20w-28-38-50 and raised the action up for my likes and I'm really liking the tone and playability. I really like the tone control (greasebucket tone circuit) as it does not muddy up the sound but sweetens in any pu position oh and there's no such thing as ice-pick bridge sound with this tele
    I recently got a Nash Tele with 2 Lawler Humbuckers and use DR 11s nickle with a Fender Deluxe reverb amp and am enjoying it a lot!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joeontheguitar
    Has anyone played or seen the Ultra Telecaster? I'm getting rid of two other solid bodies and it appeals to me because of the contouring and the relatively low weight (I know a thin line is even lighter). The noiseless pickups (gen 5) get good reviews. Any opinions?
    I own one. I got it about a month ago. It's a 2020 Texas Tea one. I have varied tastes and finding a guitar that does one thing perfect is tough enough. Finding one that did five things perfect was beginning to feel like a fool's errand. Not that there aren't plenty of guitars that are versatile but it has to do them all the way I wanted. I suspected for years that the Tele would be a close as I ever got. What it didn't do (to my liking) was modern high gain while still sounding perfect (to my liking) for country, blues, jazz, punk, classic, and hard rock.

Then came the Ultra. I ordered one and ran it through my Strymon and it was everything I wanted.... but I hadn't tried the modern high gain. Shifting to my high gain chain (Revv G3 into a Two Notes Torpedo CAB M) and it barked, growled, and chugged as well as any 5150 rig I ever owned.

As a guitar, I couldn't have been happier. I adore it. The fit wasn't perfect but the finish is. The fit issues are with the pickguard. Nothing horrible. I love the pickups as well as the Series setting in the S1 switch. It sings even when not plugged in.

User Info Menu

More excess parts removed. Who does really need full bridge plate?

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_20201022_090152-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_20201022_090221-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_20201022_090241-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vladan
    More excess parts removed. Who does really need full bridge plate?
    That's the right way to make a telecaster sound less like a telecaster.

User Info Menu

Did a few modifications to my cheap Jay Turser tele, which is now equipped with a Gibson 57 Classic.
    I dremeled a hole where the strap lock was, fashioned an extension from a segment of a drumstick.

Been bit by the Tele bug. Kind of want to get one with a p90 maybe...
    Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20201023_152746-jpg
    Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20201023_152752-jpg

User Info Menu

Is the drum-stick-strap-pin removable? Won’t fit in any case like this ? And gigbags?

User Info Menu

Is the drum-stick-strap-pin removable? Won’t fit in any case like this ? And gigbags?
    Yes it is. I hadn't gotten that far. I bet there's a gig bag that would work.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by arielcee
    I dremeled a hole where the strap lock was, fashioned an extension from a segment of a drumstick.
    That suggests neck heavy. I’ve been wanting to put together a thinline partscaster but keep worrying over just that problem. (Well, that and whether to do humbucker, what kind of wood, what finish...)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim232777
    That suggests neck heavy. I’ve been wanting to put together a thinline partscaster but keep worrying over just that problem. (Well, that and whether to do humbucker, what kind of wood, what finish...)
    Quite. I probably could have taken a more legit approach but it's working well. It is only a bit top heavy; I also just like it being more centered (which maybe is what you were implying). The 57 classic kicks ass! It doesn't seem to take away from the inherent telecasterness or whatever. I'm able to get bright or dark tones just changing the pick or adjusting the action a little.
    Last edited by arielcee; 10-24-2020 at 10:36 PM.

User Info Menu

Yes, 24.75” Gibson scale!

For aesthetic comparison:

I love em! Way cool.

User Info Menu

My t-type guitar cops a great jazz tone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PaulNYC
    My t-type guitar cops a great jazz tone.

User Info Menu

I've been playing this tele exclusively for the last seven years, it's great. Most of the wear is mine.
    MJT with Lollar 52's
    The Greco ES-175 I bought last week is taking a bit of getting used to, after so many years on the tele!

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-sam_7875-jpg

User Info Menu

Was wondering about strings for a Tele.
    I got a Squier Affinity Tele last Christmas. I love it. It's my main guitar.
    Think it came with Fender strings, which were fine. Or maybe the first time I changed them I used Fender strings. Last time around I went with a set of Stringjoys, and they were fine too.

Going to change strings again soon and I have a few options around the house: Fender Super 250s, Stringjoys, and some TI flats (which I won't be using).

I play less jazz on this guitar than I thought I might. I've focused more on writing songs and I tend to write in the blues / rock / country / singer-songwriter vein. (What I grew up on, really, with some of my own quirks that have developed over the years.) Do a lot more bending than I did on my Artcore with Chromes on it.

Sustain would be a plus. And lasting a while would be another. Less squeak would be nice but it's not as if the ones I have now are particularly problematic that way. What I have used isn't bad in any way. But I thought I'd ask more experienced Tele players what suits them best.

I play through a Fender Mustang amp.

User Info Menu

I've been using Stringjoy on my tele lately as it's one of the few brands I can customize a set...
    so it's to my likings which is 12-15-20w-26-36-49...the G is a little heavy for steel bends but that's ok I'm bending a lot less nowadays

User Info Menu

+1 on Stringjoy!! That's all I've been using for a while.