The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 61 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Posts 1,501 to 1,525 of 2243

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lukmanohnz View Post
    Curious if anyone has tried one of these. I’m intrigued and very close to ordering one...
    Attachment 73084
    Do those have a skinny neck?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles View Post
    Do those have a skinny neck?
    Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-cc651ca4-a7f1-4b4c-a703-56d47d63aa4f-jpg

User Info Menu

I'm not opposed to mix'm'match guitars but I like the Tele body. I'd prefer a Tele body loaded with Jazzmaster pickups and a Jazzmaster vibrato tailpiece. Fender, and others, have made this variation, too.
    here's something along those lines (sans the whammy)..also from the new squier paranormal series

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-lv6dqb4rl2zuy1tzeqj1-jpg

cheers

User Info Menu

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-cc651ca4-a7f1-4b4c-a703-56d47d63aa4f-jpg
    Well, it's certainly different from a typical Tele neck, with the mahogany and flatter radius. It is also a set neck:

Just saying it's different!

User Info Menu

Some of these Tele styles look interesting indeed. And with the combo of such a simple design and modem manufacturing, it means even if it requires a comprehensive setup out the box you can still end up with a capable instrument for relatively little outlay. Spoiled for choice.

User Info Menu

Well, it's certainly different from a typical Tele neck, with the mahogany and flatter radius. It is also a set neck:

Just saying it's different!
    The set neck is a major draw for me, as is the body sculpt and that nice figured top. This instrument is extremely appealing to my tastes.

User Info Menu

The set neck is a major draw for me, as is the body sculpt and that nice figured top. This instrument is extremely appealing to my tastes.
    I would go for it, then! There aren't many set neck Fender Telecasters. I can think of this and the Jim Adkins JA-90:

(That would be my choice: 24 3/4" scale, P-90s, thinline, tune-o-matic...)

The rarer TC-90:

And the Merle Haggard Tuff Dog ($$$)

User Info Menu

The Merle Haggard is ridiculously expensive. I have been vacillating between the FMT HH and the Richie Kotzen MIJ. Another very compelling model to my sensibilities. I like that the Kotzen has a more traditional tele style neck PU, but for me the tele is all about that bridge pickup or the two in combination. The FMT HH has a coil tap but I have no illusion that I’d get classic chickin’ pickin’ twang from those Seymour Duncan ‘buckers. Still a lot of tonal versatility on tap from the FMT HH.

User Info Menu

Curious if anyone has tried one of these. I’m intrigued and very close to ordering one...
    Attachment 73084
    Ok, I may have accidentally put one of these in a shopping cart while browsing at an online retailer.....

....with a gig bag and a set of TI flatwounds.....

And then accidentally put my credit card and shipping address into the checkout form.....

....and then accidentally clicked the ‘place your order’ button......

It’s just one of those days......

User Info Menu

Ok, I may have accidentally put one of these in a shopping cart while browsing at an online retailer.....

....with a gig bag and a set of TI flatwounds.....

And then accidentally put my credit card and shipping address into the checkout form.....

....and then accidentally clicked the ‘place your order’ button......

It’s just one of those days......
    Is it really still a tele if you can't unbolt the neck?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo View Post
    Is it really still a tele if you can't unbolt the neck?
    A debate for the ages... but I personally am really quite fond of set necks, and am keen to see how this measures up to my expectations.

User Info Menu

Are snakehead necks on a Tele cool or stupid? I can’t think for myself and want someone to tell me what to think.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr View Post
    Are snakehead necks on a Tele cool or stupid? I can’t think for myself and want someone to tell me what to think.
    Stupid cool, natch.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr View Post
    I think ...

User Info Menu

a rick kelly/carmine st guitars nyc snakehead is pretty nice!

ricks specialty is using reclaimed old growth wood from old nyc buildings

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-nzkl6qlvkoei0skws7gt-jpg

cheers

User Info Menu

Not a fan of skinny necks. Ordered one of the Korina offset telecaster's. Because: MIJ, U neck, P90's, 25.5 scale, not that expensive ($1K), and great looking wood. Like the ergo's of the body too but any tele/strat/jazzmaster body is fine for me.

.012 sets are usually the lightest strings I like.. may have to drop to .011's for these. We'll see. Been awhile since I spent time with a solid body so there will be a little learning curve.

User Info Menu

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-43c33f45-e363-420e-b13c-ea534f4f65dc-jpgIt’s here...

User Info Menu

I have to say I was quite impressed with Sweetwater. This wasn’t my first purchase from them - been a customer for years, but this is the first guitar I’ve bought from them, and for a significantly sub-$1000 purchase the transaction felt like I was buying a 10-top PRS. They sent me a link to high res photos of the exact S/N guitar I selected. I’m quite happy with the setup, though it’s got pretty light gauge strings and will probably need a tweak after I string it up with the TI 12 flatwounds.
    Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-b55e126d-123f-4c54-b615-a8e5c4df5e56-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-a9cb8fe1-2c3f-4ba2-9e20-885c151fb8c1-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-504ac12e-0ee4-4554-82a5-c5dadbb5f70a-jpg

User Info Menu

Just finished this one up and couldn't wait to get it strung. I have a mahogany/macassar ebony neck (1-3/4" nut) in the works. Should be a nice combo. Not gonna say it sounds like an archtop but it sure doesn't sound like a Tele. Pickup is DiMarzio 36th Anniversary.
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-tiger-eye-1-jpg Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-tiger-eye-3-jpg Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-tiger-eye-2-jpg 

User Info Menu

Nice instrument. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlainJazz View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. Here's my American special Tele. I just got it recently.
    I'm looking at a 2018 American Special, what's your observation on your's?

User Info Menu

My sister bought this for me as a combination Christmas/birthday present. It has coil taps which surprisingly aren't bad, and had 11's on it.Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20200629_121211_hdr-jpg

User Info Menu

I went on and just ordered. I was and then was not a 100 times.
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-ee60bb28-a947-4a3d-a891-7a8747f0e909-jpeg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BFrench View Post
    THAT is a sweet ride.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BFrench View Post
    Very pretty, @BFrench. Love the color! Is there a name for it?