The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Posts 2,001 to 2,025 of 2243

User Info Menu

I've recently acquired this Lite Ash tele, made in Korea in 2006. They came stock with Seymour Alnico ii Pros. It also has a nice subtley figured birds eye maple neck and fingerboard and abalone dots. On the fancy side of plain, I'd say. The neck has a touch of substance - similar in feel to my Ibanez af105.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I replaced the original string guide with a circular roadworn string guide and the original knobs with roadworn knobs.

However the biggest mod was replacing the original pick up with a Lollar CC. Sounds great

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img20220331153011-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img20220331152954-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img20220331153102-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img20220331153007-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img20220331153056-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img20220331153108-jpg 

User Info Menu

This Jazz Telecaster was built for me by a Luthier in Markneukirchen (Germany - Birthplace of C.F. Martin)
    Main tone generator is the Tom Holmes H450 pickup with a split & serial option.
    The tuning stability is significantly increased by the Sperzel Lockung Tuner.
    The strong neck corresponds to the dimensions of my Archtop from Stefan Sonntag.
    I couldn't be happier...

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-neudel_2-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-neudel_3-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-neudel_1-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-neudel_telecaster-jpg

User Info Menu

^^^ I love "reverse Esquires"

User Info Menu

Here's my Suhr Alt-T with Thornbucker pickups.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-alt-t-jpg

User Info Menu

as per stock lookin teles…get yourself a medium wound p90 styled t- pup for the neck and some 500k pots and you are good to go…smokey as gitanes
    VidMate moviesrush

This makes so much sense.
    Last edited by alfred0809; 06-01-2022 at 07:46 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alfred0809
    as per stock lookin teles…get yourself a medium wound p90 styled t- pup for the neck and some 500k pots and you are good to go…smokey as gitanes
    VidMate moviesrush

This makes so much sense.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Here's a tele built from scratch by Erik Hansen of Hansen Kustoms. I now have two of these and will be selling one soon enough. The total weight is 5 3/4 pounds, due to the Paulownia body. I'll probably hold onto the Sea Foam Green one - it has the whopper neck. Surf's Up!

...and I am finally posting it for sale. Buy it!

User Info Menu

Buy with confidence, kids - Hammertone is a top-notch purveyor of musical instruments, and a swell guy!

User Info Menu

I love telecaster, the next guitar I will put my hands on will be one.

This thread is full of beauty (but damn 81 pages, many tele aficionados here , good !)

User Info Menu

In my older days I flirt with a Telecaster.
    Now the dilemma: Unfortunately, I can't find my desired instrument in the Fender/Squier catalogue. The instrument should be black. Second color choice would be white. Vintage white e.g. Fender Japan 50s Tele and Squier CV Tele is unfortunately pink in real life. Pink doesn't make me happy. ?
    The following criteria should be met:
    Alder Body – Black Finish – Laquer or Nitro
    Maple neck, maple fretboard - satin finish, C shape
    Kluson vintage style tuners
    Vintage style bridge
    No Relic

Since I can't find anything, now I'm considering assembling parts myself.
    What is your experience with Fender original parts? Body - Neck fitment.
    I didn't find a silk matt neck in the 50s style either.
    Or should I rather have my Tele assembled by Warmoth? And again unfortunately. I live in Vienna/Europe and an import from the USA would be quite expensive.

Please for opinions.

Best regards

This is what my guitar could look like without Relic and without binding.
    Fender 59 Tele Custom MN ABLK Relic – Thomann Osterreich

User Info Menu

King Lear!

User Info Menu

Thank you citizenk74.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I was about to write that G&L uses a polyurethane finish, but I checked and you can order one with nitro: Custom Shop Guitar Options | G&L Musical Instruments

User Info Menu

G&L wasn't on my radar. Thanks for the tip. Are Fender Parts interchangeable with G&L Parts? For example the bridge.

User Info Menu

I don't own a Fender Tele, but the hardware looks pretty identical to me.

I put an original Fender ashtray bridge cover on my G&L Tele and it was a perfect fit. The bridge has six brass saddles, not three. Therefore they are not identical to Fender pasts, but I actually like that better.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KingLear
    G&L wasn't on my radar. Thanks for the tip. Are Fender Parts interchangeable with G&L Parts? For example the bridge.
    I think you have to proceed with caution as far as swapping parts goes. I know the necks aren't interchangeable. I suggest you ask on the G&L forum.

User Info Menu

I became a G&L fan about a decade ago. I haven't acquired their Tele equivalent. Here are some of their Strat inspired guitars. They gave me no grief over the years.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-37264287780_c063348ab8_c-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-37522734901_324ba92569_c-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-51357378721_c1ffaed30e_c-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-51392869751_779e5c00db_c-jpg

User Info Menu

This thread is both huge and durable. It may be the most read thread ever.

My Tele knock off is from Chuck Thornton. It has the Nashville wiring. Aside from solid workmanship, the most noteworthy thing is the through neck. It goes very deep into the body. This is to transfer more of the neck acoustic energy to the bridge. Does that make a difference? I can't tell but someone might hear something from it.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-37261756740_d097eb51a4_c-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-37261756710_740deff5ff_c-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-37261756620_498604b235_c-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-37261756930_e4d2b4c188_c-jpg

User Info Menu

Check out the Fender Mod Shop. You pick the specs and Fender builds it. It’s way cheaper then the Custom Shop stuff.
    https://www.fender.com/en-US/mod-shop.html

User Info Menu

Funny thing that happened last night on a jamsession: I played my 50ies partscaster thru the house’s Cube 20 amp, in JC-120 setting…. Not my favoriete amp at all but the bass player complimented my tone and said he normally hates telecasters but now he had finally heard a good tone coming from one Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed

User Info Menu

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately the mod shop is only available in US.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    Funny thing that happened last night on a jamsession: I played my 50ies partscaster thru the house’s Cube 20 amp, in JC-120 setting…. Not my favoriete amp at all but the bass player complimented my tone and said he normally hates telecasters but now he had finally heard a good tone coming from one Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed
    Spreading the Word, one unbeliever at a time....

User Info Menu

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20150913_145954-jpg

My G&l... It has a wonderful sound for Jazz on the neck pu and does some nice blues tones as well.
    I string her with D'Adarrio pure nickel 11-48 strings. I have the Ilitch hum reduction circuit installed and it works great. I just wish it was lighter...8.5 pounds.