The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 37 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Posts 901 to 925 of 2241

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzz
    Any preferences among looper and drum pedals for Tele Jazz?
    Digitech Jamman

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-download-jpg
    Nice use of old timbre.... (Did you see what I did there?)

Nice boots.

I'm just loving how this is turning out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Well, I had so much fun building the little TeleUke for my daughter, I decided to build myself a Tele.

All pretty custom, naturally. 1-3/4" nut, 25" scale length, 2-3/16 string spacing at the bridge (which necessitates individual string bridges).

Once again all reclaimed urban lumber. Black Acacia top (Acacia Melanoxylon), California Sycamore neck (Plantanus Racemosa), Monterrey Cypress body (Cupressus Macrocarpa), and Olive fingerboard (Olea Europeaea).

Single Biltoff CC at the neck (absolutely magical BTW)

User Info Menu

Beauty! Monterey Cypress us one of my favourite woods to work with.

User Info Menu

Sumptuous wood and impeccable workmanship, ingenious design, all combined in a playable work of art! Well done and congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett
    Well, I had so much fun building the little TeleUke for my daughter, I decided to build myself a Tele.

All pretty custom, naturally. 1-3/4" nut, 25" scale length, 2-3/16 string spacing at the bridge (which necessitates individual string bridges).

Once again all reclaimed urban lumber. Black Acacia top (Acacia Melanoxylon), California Sycamore neck (Plantanus Racemosa), Monterrey Cypress body (Cupressus Macrocarpa), and Olive fingerboard (Olea Europeaea).

Single Biltoff CC at the neck (absolutely magical BTW)

Beauty. Made me think of one of my teles.

Walnut body
    Rosewood neck by Warmoth
    Rio Grande Charlie Christian pickups
    Babicz bridgeTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_0663-jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Not a tele, but hardtail strats definitely tip their hats:
    Last edited by Hammertone; 01-24-2020 at 06:45 PM.

User Info Menu

How about this....

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-p1500558-jpg

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-p1500563-jpg

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-p1500768-jpg
    Mercy!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    Beauty! Monterey Cypress us one of my favourite woods to work with.

Very cool. I didn't know Monterey Cypress grew anywhere but the California Coast, but according to Google it looks like it has found a new home in New Zealand. It is nearly extinct here.

User Info Menu

Yes, isn't it a protected species in the US? We have more of it here than we know what to do with... most common use is landscape sleepers!

That Sycamore neck is very nice as well.

User Info Menu

For the modders out there...

User Info Menu

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img576fe32e6f198_l-jpg

Just wonderin' -- Any love here for the snakehead Teles?

User Info Menu

I've officially joined the club. Wanted a tele but also wanted some unique specs and didn't fancy spending a ton of money. So I decided to do a little DIY project and hit up Warmoth for a 2 piece alder body and a maple neck with rosewood board and their boatneck profile and 10-16" compound radius (yes I know that's kinda against the tele grain). Gave it a cherry red finish and put in a Lollar CC pup in the neck and a Porter 9T in the bridge. Got a nicely done '66 style harness from a guy on Reverb (KD Paulus) who specializes in tele electronics. Joe Barden bridge with compensated brass saddles. Gotoh vintage style staggered height tuners. Nickel hardware.
    It's my new favorite. I can't get enough. Sings like none of my other guitars. Sustain for days and such clear, defined tones. The Lollar is of course fantastic. The Porter 9T pairs really well, P90 sort of sound. Let's me get a really great bluesy snarl when I want it. I'm in telecaster love...

User Info Menu

Pants, insanely nice Tele. Could you post a clip? Gotta hear that CC pickup.

Thx

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alder Statesman
    Pants, insanely nice Tele. Could you post a clip? Gotta hear that CC pickup.

Thx
    Sure! I'm not really set up for sophisticated recording so this is just iPhone mic on room air. Nothing fancy, just a little chord melody for Corcovado that I'm working on. Probably a bit off by getting the acoustic sound in the mix too... but it gives some idea.

User Info Menu

The ultimate telecaster accessory. ....

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-10916879_800-jpg

User Info Menu

As a daddy surrounded most days with small children, I thought that was a pool floatie. I am so ashamed when I realized it was a bottle opener that I immediately went downstairs and poured myself a beer!!!

User Info Menu

here's frisell with super cool snakehead, built by the great downtown nyc luthier rick kelly (carmine st. guitars)...kelly uses wood reclaimed from classic old nyc buildings...

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-friselltele-jpg

cheers

User Info Menu

Fine, i go with the real thing, real tele with the opener for us who likes beer on the gigs !

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-screen-shot-2017-06-29-4-58-59-pm-png

User Info Menu

I ordered a Warmoth Neck to replace the neck on my Fender 50s Series tele.

The new neck will be one piece unfinished roasted maple. 1 3/4 nut. 12" radius. Roundback 59 shape. I was originally thinking of fatback or boatneck shape because I like more girth, but I'm afraid that it will be too much in combination with the wider nut. Any input from people with warmoth experience?

On a related note, that picture of Mr. Frisell already has me planning a custom partscaster. Rosewood neck, chambered roasted swamp ash body, TK Smith CC neck pickup. I got so excited about the idea that I spec'ed out the price using Warmoth's 'build your own' tool and I concluded that I have to unfollow this thread.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    I ordered a Warmoth Neck to replace the neck on my Fender 50s Series tele.

The new neck will be one piece unfinished roasted maple. 1 3/4 nut. 12" radius. Roundback 59 shape. I was originally thinking of fatback or boatneck shape because I like more girth, but I'm afraid that it will be too much in combination with the wider nut. Any input from people with warmoth experience?

On a related note, that picture of Mr. Frisell already has me planning a custom partscaster. Rosewood neck, chambered roasted swamp ash body, TK Smith CC neck pickup. I got so excited about the idea that I spec'ed out the price using Warmoth's 'build your own' tool and I concluded that I have to unfollow this thread.
    Ha! Yeah, the "build your own" on Warmoth is a real boner-killer. If you're patient, stalking the "in-stock" options saves a pretty penny though it may rule out some more exotic options. I went with pretty basic options on body and neck so I could splurge a bit on pickups and such.

I went with the boatneck for my tele, it's definitely a substantial chunk of wood. basically straight line on back from the headstock down to the heel. There's a bit of "V" to it so it feels more thick than it does wide. If that makes sense. It took a little getting used to but now my other guitars feel like I have to cramp my hand up where the boatneck just sits nicely.
    The roundback 59 was on I considered as well, as I think it would mirror my 125 pretty closely, which is my second favorite guitar.

After spending some time with the new tele, I've come to the conclusion that every jazzed should own a tele with a CC pup. Do it!

one step closer.pixk them up Tuesday

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos

just for yer info..that neck on frisell's is padauk, not rosewood

here's what warmoth says about it

padauk-

Bright vivid red color which oxidizes to a warm brown with use. With an open grain texture like Rosewood, the sound is very similar to Maple; well balanced and tight. It is very stable in use and requires no finish. Feels very natural to play on.

tk smith all the way!!

bill has subsequently been using a tk smith guitar..there's clips of tk & frisell

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    just for yer info..that neck on frisell's is padauk, not rosewood

here's what warmoth says about it

padauk-

Bright vivid red color which oxidizes to a warm brown with use. With an open grain texture like Rosewood, the sound is very similar to Maple; well balanced and tight. It is very stable in use and requires no finish. Feels very natural to play on.

tk smith all the way!!

bill has subsequently been using a tk smith guitar..there's clips of tk & frisell

cheers
    Great. It sounds intriguing. I'll have to call warmoth and see if they can do a snakehead neck in padouk. While I'm at it I can ask if they have any pine from Jim Jarmusch's apartment.