Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 1720

User Info Menu

One more. 24.0" scale.
    Telecaster love thread, no Archtops allowed-f1388228-4120-4352-81d6-691e8ccd5fc6-jpg
    Last edited by stark; 09-23-2019 at 01:11 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by r_o_b_s_o_n View Post
    Here's my '52 Tele Clone...

I built this from an MJT body w/ Musikraft Neck and Seymour Duncan Antiquities... I tried to make it as close as possible to '52 spec... anyway, she plays like a dream!!

Attachment 65237Attachment 65236
    Ahhh the beauty of classics. I think it looks especially well with that little tweed amp behind it ;D

User Info Menu

SVL Supernatural, Simon Law's take on Robben Ford's 1960 Telecaster. Simon has looked after Robben's guitars on tour for a few years now. He built this for me 7 or 8 years ago, it's a wonderful sounding tele, very lightweight, ash with Brazilian rosewood board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I'm 76 years old and retired after 60 years of gigging. I also had about a zillion guitars. Only two really did the job. My number one axe was always a telecaster. Always a fender. No copies ever did it for me. The other was an Ibanez GB10 which I sold last year when I went through a terrible illness which I believed was going to finish me off. I survived and live to regret selling my axe. If you love it, DON,T sell it.

User Info Menu

Alright, now that I’ve finished (as in: stained and spray-painted) it, I can finally show of my recent tele-built in this discussion as well.

So for those of you that haven’t already seen it in the dedicated topic, here’s my JazzTele 24.75” P90:

Jazz, Funk, Soul & Boogaloo: My group | Listen to Hip Jazz a Go Go! | Jazz, Soul, Blues: Eva La Voix

User Info Menu

I had a gift card for the LMS. They had an inexpensive MIM FSR Tele - sort of your basic 52 Tele - that played as well as any guitar I’ve ever played. I didn’t need another guitar but it was really a superb guitar. So I cashed in the gift card and financed the balance. Beautiful jazz tones.

User Info Menu

Closest thing to a REAL Tele I've had in years and it sounds like one. Allparts ash body, my trusty Musikraft neck, and a set of custom shop 'No Caster' pickups. A little heavier than my chambered bodies but not bad. Playing it through a Quilter 101R head - exact speaker TBD.

Telecaster love thread, no Archtops allowed-ash-tele-jpg

User Info Menu

I have a broad definition of "Tele" or "T-style". It doesn't have to be a Fender or a Squier.
    Build bridges, not walls.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles View Post
    I have a broad definition of "Tele" or "T-style". It doesn't have to be a Fender or a Squier.
    Heck, for me it doesn’t even have to have a 25.5” scale or the tele headstock with 6 in a row tuners... ;-)

But it does have to have the Tele body shape for me, that’s my minimum requirement :-)

Jazz, Funk, Soul & Boogaloo: My group | Listen to Hip Jazz a Go Go! | Jazz, Soul, Blues: Eva La Voix

User Info Menu

I stumbled across Macmull Custom Guitars on instagram. No affiliation, but they make great looking Teles with a nice vintage vibe to them:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay View Post
    I stumbled across Macmull Custom Guitars on instagram. No affiliation, but they make great looking Teles with a nice vintage vibe.. ]
    Looks nice, but pretty pricey!

User Info Menu

I had this one built to order, but with playing jazz more in mind than rock or country. To that end, it has an ebony fingerboard, a 1.75 nut width but with rounded/tapered edges to make it feel narrower, and splittable HBs.

As marcwhy noted about the Macmull guitar, above, "pretty pricey" but it fulfilled an idea I had for a long time, along with a preferred liking of the Tele form.

Telecaster love thread, no Archtops allowed-full-guitar-sn-7647-5-26-17-jpg
    Last edited by croth; 10-01-2019 at 11:39 AM. Reason: spelling correction

User Info Menu

Hmm....Julian Lage requested a guitar at age 4, so his father made a plywood facsimile that could be nothing other than a....

User Info Menu

Cedar tele by Chris Forshage:

Telecaster love thread, no Archtops allowed-forshage-tele-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo View Post
    Hmm....Julian Lage requested a guitar at age 4, so his father made a plywood facsimile that could be nothing other than a....

That looks like a shot from a recent tour?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy View Post
    Looks nice, but pretty pricey!
    Oops... I hadn’t even checked their prices, but 7k (euros) for a tele is not “pretty pricey” anymore, that’s just ridiculous!

And I doubt it sounds and plays better than mine!($150)

Macmull Guitars Heartbreaker Vintage Burst RW – Thomann Nederland

User Info Menu

just picked up a new G&L semi hollow blues boy asat classic for my daughter shes 18 in her last year in high school , been playing since she was about 9 and lots of jazz and into blues lite rock , she wanted a semi hollow . thin line , tele , and the g&l was about the same price as a second hand mim or a squire thine line she did not want any thing with squire on it so blip on that , we tried a lot in the shops and the g&l won for fit play ability weight etc a week on now and she really likes the low shine stain finish on the neck and finds it very smooth to play also the body is not that straight grained but not to bad i would call it a lovely looking piece of swamp ash with quite a bit of black in it she likes the sound , so still happy , i read about straight grains sounding better and that the Indonesian guitars not being up there but it is a really well finished nice guitar, does any one really think straight grain makes much difference especially in a double chambered guitar like the blues boy thin line she will be playing her tele for meany years its going to be her main jamming small gig guitar and possible the one she will use if she gets to study music at university which is what shes aiming for in the next couple of years so i think i have done ok with the G&L with what we could find in our price range here in new zealand at this point in time , we tried to get her into a strat but she was not interested the tele won she also plays arch top and nylon
    Last edited by helena; 10-11-2019 at 06:37 PM.

User Info Menu

Got some serious Tele GAS this week. I will know in about 5 days if I will be getting it. I have an SG, and a shitload of archtops, but I am totally consumed by this guitar and owning my first Tele type. I will keep you posted.
    Ted
    Guitar Addicts Anonymous
    A 12 fret program

User Info Menu

No, straight grain in a solidbody guitar is up there with paper-in-oil capacitors as far as tone goes- just internet malarky.
    Beauty is as close to terror as we can well endure. -Rainer Maria Rilke

User Info Menu

Despite my recent efforts to reduce my tele footprint, they seem to proliferate. Here's a quick shot of, er, ah, some of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster love thread, no Archtops allowed-teles-jpg 
    "Somebody get me out of this chair." - BOB WILLS
    Hammertone is a registered Hofnerologist.