The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 34 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Posts 826 to 850 of 2243

User Info Menu

I am soon to be a member of the club (again). I have not had a Tele for a number of years but one is on the way from our very own forum member fws6 and I am stoked to get it.

I can't find anything on google so I was wondering if any of you could help. I am looking for a wooden telecaster pickguard but with a humbucker sized hole. It is hard enough to find wooden ones (and if you have any suggestions there I would love to hear them too because I might have to cut the hole myself) but I can't seem to find any info on a wooden pickguard with room for a humbucker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rio
    ...I am looking for a wooden telecaster pickguard but with a humbucker sized hole...
    Solid Knob Gallery Page

Try this guy. You might need to supply the material for him, but he might be able to cut it. In any event, I have found him to be excellent to work with. He made me some pick up rings. Really fast turnaround.

User Info Menu

I am soon to be a member of the club (again). I have not had a Tele for a number of years but one is on the way from our very own forum member fws6 and I am stoked to get it.

I can't find anything on google so I was wondering if any of you could help. I am looking for a wooden telecaster pickguard but with a humbucker sized hole. It is hard enough to find wooden ones (and if you have any suggestions there I would love to hear them too because I might have to cut the hole myself) but I can't seem to find any info on a wooden pickguard with room for a humbucker.

There is a guy on eBay. He is based in Quebec. I bought a couple of wooden pick guards from him. I will try to get his info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

^
    Thanks - any info would definitely be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    Solid Knob Gallery Page

Try this guy. You might need to supply the material for him, but he might be able to cut it. In any event, I have found him to be excellent to work with. He made me some pick up rings. Really fast turnaround.
    Those knobs are beautiful. I'd have to figure out where to get the wood in that case and would rather it be a one stop shop but that is definitely an option. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Cort Tele-alike based on the Manson guitar shape.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-classic-tc-sbn-jpg
    Ash body, tummy cut and Manson spec pickups and locking tuners.

daphne is here lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Just yesterday I got my Danocaster in: Firemist Gold, double bound. It sounds and plays like a dream! I've always played archtops, but decided to get this as a 40th bday present to myself. Dan has a long waitlist, but it was worth the wait and I'm very happy with it so far.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_6904-jpg

User Info Menu

double bound gold...nice

enjoy

cheers

User Info Menu

OK, I guess I'll claim my seat here. 2013 Squier Affinity BSB. Pictured here with my '92 LP Studio.

The Tele got a new harness with a 4 way Oak Grigsby switch, CTS pots, and one of those Russian PIO caps. Pickups are still the Squier originals...for now.

Edit...went rifling thru my FB pix for the harness itself. Found 'em....

B.

Last edited by Brian B; 04-27-2017 at 04:40 PM.

User Info Menu

I am looking for a telecaster armrest - anyone know of one? I found the Pearse armrests but don't know if they will fit a telecaster, or specifically which one would fit. I also found the TK Smith ones but the curly parts wouldn't look good even though functionally they are what I am looking for. The edge of the body is digging into my right forearm tendon and playing this guitar for hours makes that uncomfortable. I will get used to it but an armrest would certainly help.

Also I am back in the club after having not having a telecaster for a while - the partscaster I bought from our very own fws6 arrived last weekend and it is all I have been playing since it arrived. I am in love!

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_1397-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_1399-jpg

User Info Menu

In humble abject deference I bow before thee all and request admittance in to the Tele clan.

I honestly don't know why I waited so long. Love this guitar. Been a Strat man for decades. I can't help but feel I had been missing something all this time.

My first Tele. Have had it about 4 months now and it has already proven itself gig worthy. Got some bells and whistles, chunky neck, 1-3/4 nut, Area 51s. Super happy with sound for jazz and blues. Might have to get two. This one is set up with 11s but I think I want to go a notch up for jazz. Overall, what a workhorse.
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20170303_173022_hdr2-jpg 

User Info Menu

We accept you, one of us.

User Info Menu

My "New" Tele I got ~2005, American body, MIM neck (ash) added EMG's and "skull" tone and volume knobs.

This was to replace my "All American" Tele I previously owned, but one day, just walked away from our studio.

The "New" Tele, I played Sunday (been playing Bass in the band and only Archtop at home) and I had forgotten
    that this guitar actually plays itself, so sweet, so smooth, such worderfull tone. Rebonding with a guitar is so nice...

Especially if it is a TELE!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kaye
    In humble abject deference I bow before thee all and request admittance in to the Tele clan.

I honestly don't know why I waited so long. Love this guitar. Been a Strat man for decades. I can't help but feel I had been missing something all this time.

My first Tele. Have had it about 4 months now and it has already proven itself gig worthy. Got some bells and whistles, chunky neck, 1-3/4 nut, Area 51s. Super happy with sound for jazz and blues. Might have to get two. This one is set up with 11s but I think I want to go a notch up for jazz. Overall, what a workhorse.
    Usually not much on sunburst Teles but this one is drop dead gorgeous - is it a Fender body?

It's coming slowly but surly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Same here - not usually into sunburnt teles but that is practically glowing and the grain is just beautiful.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Ellis
    Usually not much on sunburst Teles but this one is drop dead gorgeous - is it a Fender body?
    It's not. Actually a Warmoth but it's a nice piece. I'm Looking at it again and you can't really see in my pic but the neck is Birdseye and it just really sets it off too.

The burst was was actually my last choice but when I saw it I had to have it. Glad I did now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radiofm74
    A gorgeous tele you have made for yourself! Kudos to the labour and the love!
    I would also be very interested to hear what you think of those BK pickups. I put a BK manhattan (humbucker size P90) in my Epiphone JP a few years back and it absolutely transformed it.

User Info Menu

I never pictured myself a tele owner but this telemaster is making me rethink my next purchase for office guitar. I'm assuming most tele jazzers use flatwounds.?

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_0205-jpg

User Info Menu

I do, but it's not a requirement.

I think folks have said Ed Bickert used rounds, and not particularly heavy gauge ones either...all in the touch, I guess.

User Info Menu

Not req'd at all - our friend Time Lerch uses something like a 14-60 round on his tuned down Tele. I like a burnished 12-52 when I can find them - I tune down a 1/2 step on my 'jazz' Tele.
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-t1-jpg Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-tel1-jpg 

User Info Menu

I use D'Addario Chromes 11's on mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Frank was nice enough to include new Pyramids with my partscaster and although I had tried them before I had not tried these hand polished ones. I really, really like them. They feel and sound great - retain the brightness of rounds but with a nice smooth feel from the polishing that feels better and smoother than half rounds that I have tried. So right now it is set up with those, a .012 gauge set but with a .013 and .017 on the E and B. I would like to step them all up a gauge when this set dies. So no, you definitely don't need flats but the heavier gauges really do help with getting a "jazz" sound. 12 and 16 was just a bit too light for me though and I could hear the difference. But I know lots of guys who use 12s and sound great so I know that is just a personal thing.

Edit: Skip, that is a beautiful body. I'd love to hear it and/or see it all assembled. One of my let peeves with thin line teles is that I don't think the one f hole looks good but yours is just great.

User Info Menu

Edit: Skip, that is a beautiful body. I'd love to hear it and/or see it all assembled. One of my let peeves with thin line teles is that I don't think the one f hole looks good but yours is just great.
    I have told Skip the same thing a few times. Tele bodies have a distinct modern shape to them. The f-holes should also have a modern shape unless you want to wear spurs and rhinestones while playing IMHO. If that were the case I think that need a sparkle finish as well.

TI Swing 12's for me, BTW. Sometimes they feel so soft I think that I am playing a nylon string guitar instead of a Tele. P.S. I have them on my Strat as well.

User Info Menu

You're going to love this guitar. I got a Danocaster last fall and it's the best tele style guitar I have ever played
    Enjoy!!