Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Posts 1,601 to 1,618 of 1618
  1. #1601

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    Just a reminder of how jazzy a tele can sound (ha, as if I need to remind you :-)


    Nice playing! it s that a short scale? I have one for a local luthier on the way, but I don't know how the bridge-body relationship looks aesthetically

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #1602

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnesto
    Nice playing! it s that a short scale? I have one for a local luthier on the way, but I don't know how the bridge-body relationship looks aesthetically
    Yes, 24.75” Gibson scale!

    For aesthetic comparison:


  4. #1603

    User Info Menu


  5. #1604

    User Info Menu


  6. #1605

    User Info Menu

    Possibly an interesting new path to Eternal Damnation for those subject to such temptations:

    Paranormal Cabronita Telecaster(R) Thinline | Squier Electric Guitars

    Remember, the Debbel plays a Tele.

  7. #1606

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Milton View Post
    Cosmic G: That Yamaha Pacifica of yours looks like much more of a Tele/Strat hybrid than any of the Pacificas I've seen before? Today's Yamaha Pacifica is very much a Strat copy.
    I'm surprised to hear you say that with a high profile player like Mike Stern using a very tele style Pacifica for many years.


  8. #1607

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo View Post
    I'm surprised to hear you say that with a high profile player like Mike Stern using a very tele style Pacifica for many years.

    Theee used to be a cheapo Pacifica, tele shaped, with two humbuckers. Hope I never get near one, temptation never sleeps.


    Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

  9. #1608

    User Info Menu

    Has anyone played or seen the Ultra Telecaster? I'm getting rid of two other solid bodies and it appeals to me because of the contouring and the relatively low weight (I know a thin line is even lighter). The noiseless pickups (gen 5) get good reviews. Any opinions?

  10. #1609
    I play a Nash T style with Lawler med wind Humbuckers this is my second Nash so I think they are great. Mine is lite relic and seems very comfortable to me. Some players Hate relic but to each his own. Nash heard this common complaint and came up with lite relic. You can not always find a used one with everything you want. They are available with Lawler CC pickups which Tim Lurch demos on YT. Humbucker Music allows 5 to 7 days to try it out so you have little to lose.To me he just has the formula right for something you can order today. With this guitar I have my PHD in telecaster. Finally Done! I guess you could call it a GIB FEN or a FEN GIB with two humbuckers. The neck is a fifties larger size hand cut I think. Anyway of all the telecasters in my life I like these the best!

  11. #1610
    My telecaster next to my strat,guild,taylor and carpri classical

    Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

  12. #1611

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by silvertonebetty
    My telecaster next to my strat,guild,taylor and carpri classical

    Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    It’s a nice and versatile collection, but the picture doesn’t do them right ;-)

  13. #1612
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay View Post
    It’s a nice and versatile collection, but the picture doesn’t do them right ;-)
    Should i take them out of the case for you.Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed

    Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

  14. #1613
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay View Post
    It’s a nice and versatile collection, but the picture doesn’t do them right ;-)
    This better

    Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

  15. #1614

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by silvertonebetty View Post
    This better

    Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Much better!

  16. #1615

    User Info Menu

    Just in my little corner of the world...I'm a home player and had an itch for a tele so I just went on and bought the new Performer and a blues cube a couple months back. Finally after tinkering around with the cube settings and tele vol and tone and upping string gauge I'm finally getting the tone I was after. I went thru Stringjoy and customized a set 12-16-20w-28-38-50 and raised the action up for my likes and I'm really liking the tone and playability. I really like the tone control (greasebucket tone circuit) as it does not muddy up the sound but sweetens in any pu position oh and there's no such thing as ice-pick bridge sound with this tele

  17. #1616

    User Info Menu

    Hi, is there anyone that has experience with Harley Benton Fusion-T HH?
    I am considering to buy it, but on YouTube, I did not find any video with clean tone playing jazz.

  18. #1617
    Quote Originally Posted by BFrench View Post
    Just in my little corner of the world...I'm a home player and had an itch for a tele so I just went on and bought the new Performer and a blues cube a couple months back. Finally after tinkering around with the cube settings and tele vol and tone and upping string gauge I'm finally getting the tone I was after. I went thru Stringjoy and customized a set 12-16-20w-28-38-50 and raised the action up for my likes and I'm really liking the tone and playability. I really like the tone control (greasebucket tone circuit) as it does not muddy up the sound but sweetens in any pu position oh and there's no such thing as ice-pick bridge sound with this tele
    I recently got a Nash Tele with 2 Lawler Humbuckers and use DR 11s nickle with a Fender Deluxe reverb amp and am enjoying it a lot!

  19. #1618

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joeontheguitar View Post
    Has anyone played or seen the Ultra Telecaster? I'm getting rid of two other solid bodies and it appeals to me because of the contouring and the relatively low weight (I know a thin line is even lighter). The noiseless pickups (gen 5) get good reviews. Any opinions?
    I own one. I got it about a month ago. It's a 2020 Texas Tea one. I have varied tastes and finding a guitar that does one thing perfect is tough enough. Finding one that did five things perfect was beginning to feel like a fool's errand. Not that there aren't plenty of guitars that are versatile but it has to do them all the way I wanted. I suspected for years that the Tele would be a close as I ever got. What it didn't do (to my liking) was modern high gain while still sounding perfect (to my liking) for country, blues, jazz, punk, classic, and hard rock.

    Then came the Ultra. I ordered one and ran it through my Strymon and it was everything I wanted.... but I hadn't tried the modern high gain. Shifting to my high gain chain (Revv G3 into a Two Notes Torpedo CAB M) and it barked, growled, and chugged as well as any 5150 rig I ever owned.

    As a guitar, I couldn't have been happier. I adore it. The fit wasn't perfect but the finish is. The fit issues are with the pickguard. Nothing horrible. I love the pickups as well as the Series setting in the S1 switch. It sings even when not plugged in.