The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 28 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Posts 676 to 700 of 2243

User Info Menu

Beautiful teles! That telemaster looks neat!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Man, the other night I played a gig with my Thinline ($350 stock), and I'm pretty sure it's my main guitar now. That was the first time I've ever used a Tele on a gig. In fact, up until a few months ago, I hated Telecasters. Now I'm ready to sell everything else and buy a bunch of Telescasters. I won't, of course, but that's how I feel. Sounded pretty good on the Zoom, too, which I didn't expect.

User Info Menu

I am just returning from a transatlantic business trip - but part of the recreational program was a jam session. So I brought my tele on the flight since it is indestructible. They gave me a deluxe reverb to play through. It was a pretty big room with a few hundred people - man did I love the sound of that amp together with the tele. For jazz, I dialed the treble and bass almost completely back, put the volume on 5 and dialed tone and volume on the guitar back. that gave such a sweet sound. I loved it and multiple people were commenting how great it sounded. Later for the impromptu rock jam, I just added the bass and treble back and everything sounded so nice and crisp. It really got me hooked again on teles and blackface amps. That sweet subtle breakup of the deluxe was just sooooo sweet. The twin doesn't do that (also a great sound of course).

User Info Menu

Not jazz but extremly cool Tele imho.

User Info Menu

Well, I was just thinking how nice it would be to share favorite amp settings with a tele! Thx a lot Frank!! I’ll try that setting on my SCX2 later on!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Plectrum

Ahh yes Julians Lage's Danocaster ... been considering one of those even tho it must travel across the Atlantic to reach me. Compared to Fender CS it's not bad priced.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radiofm74
    Well, I was just thinking how nice it would be to share favorite amp settings with a tele! Thx a lot Frank!! I’ll try that setting on my SCX2 later on!
    When I had a superchamp that setting worked for me too. Actually, I thought the superchamp sounded a lot like the deluxe on the clean channel. I fund a video that I made right after building my tele.

User Info Menu

I have a Danocaster similar to the one Margaret Glaspy is playing in the video above. They are simply fantastic guitars and I have to say it's the best tele style I have ever played.

User Info Menu

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_017326b-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_017318b-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-img_017340-jpgCreston Electric Instruments | GUITARS

my other Creston tele-
    super-light ash body, 1-pc maple neck finished
    ​ only with oil
    , toploader bridge with threaded steel saddles, coarse-knurl knobs, bakelite pick guard, no-load tone pot, & Lollar pickups
    just put new Chromes and a Rutters switch tip on it
    the toploader is so key to major resonance
    Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20161101_145809-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20161101_145912_001-jpg

User Info Menu

Those new Nashville Deluxe Tele's, has anyone purchased one?

I've been thinking about getting a Strat for those Rory Gallagher/Stevie Ray moments, but I could fill my GAS for a new tele AND get some strattier sounds. The specs are pretty dead on for the price with the Noiseless pup's, locking tuners, better access neck joint, 12" radius.. only thing is that the modern C profile would not be my first choice (I like bigger necks, as in Gibson's 50's profile and PRS Wide Fat) but I can manage, and swap the neck if it bothers me too much..

User Info Menu

I practise my Tele style guitar a lot every day......
    Attachment 37295

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 55bar
    Love Jim, also not sure Duke got a mention either...!

REALLY?!?!?! I would have mentioned him too, but I thought I DID see him in this thread... apparently not!... I just did a search!

Last edited by ruger9; 11-08-2016 at 07:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Plectrum

Still not jazz, but there is a jazz connection after all. I just received my copy of the Fretboard Journal. It turns out that the Danocaster Tele (and the vintage tweed Champ that she uses) are on loan from her boyfriend, jazz guitarist Julian Lage. Nice guy!

User Info Menu

Carlos loves Nittonos too:

User Info Menu

2006 Linhof Special #24 and 2006 Fender Custom Shop dual-pickup, Nocaster-spec Esquire (my #1):

Also, here's a friends Blackguard that I got to babysit for a while next to my '54 LP:

User Info Menu

Fender USA American Vintage 72' Telecaster Custom ( just got it today )

I use seller pictures

and this is very very nice Tel - guitar

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-image-jpegTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-image-jpeg

Come with two pickupgards and bridges

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-image-jpeg
    Last edited by 999369; 11-17-2016 at 09:57 PM.

User Info Menu

Which bridge do you prefer?

User Info Menu

I Just got it today The original owner like the one now on the guitar

User Info Menu

But I well put the original bridge back

" Right " one on the guitar case

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-image-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtown Fatty
    Also, here's a friends Blackguard that I got to babysit for a while next to my '54 LP:

Nice looking '54 You got there! Is it heavy? Thick neck? I have a R6 and occasionally dream about a R4.

Sometimes I realize that all my guitars (tele, LP, ES175) are invented before year 1957 (humbuckers were presented) and I feel myself very very conservative.

But hey, what good has come after that to electric guitars? Ok ok, I know the answer! Two things: Gibson SG in 1961 and ES Les Paul 2014!

User Info Menu

Almost!

ES-335 (1958)
    Jazzmaster (1958)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Almost!

ES-335 (1958)
    Jazzmaster (1958)
    Ok, ok, let's broaden the window to 1958. It Was A Very Good Year!

(Uups, THAT did not came until 1961.)

User Info Menu

Thanks! The '54 is 8 lbs 11 oz. The '53 trapeze I had previously was 9 lbs 8 oz. Both had an identical profile neck; nice full profile, but not overly so. I might slightly prefer the earlier '52 profiles, I find them even chunkier and just perfect. Never was a fan of the coveted '59- too slim for my tastes-, but almost anything before will do. It's crazy just how different the '53 and '54 are. The '53 has a brighter, janglier, crisper sound, while the '54 is bigger and creamier sounding. Personally, from a purely sonic standpoint, I prefer the '53, but had to sell to finance the '54. They're just guitars though, so not loosing much sleep over not having the '53 anymore! I'll say one thing, those trapeze Lesters that everyone so readily dismisses are the golden ticket (no pun) as they're by far the cheapest of the gold tops and with a Glaser or MojoAxe replacement compensated bridge (which fixes all the uncomfortable issues the stock bridge has) they play as good or better than later gold tops. I think that extra bit of metal also adds a nice high end sheen to the sound. I previously also had a '56 LP Special, which can be real gems as well. '60 Jr. I had was a straight up fire-breathing rock'n'roll machine. You're not wrong in having a preference for these early Gibby's! BTW, I feel the really early P90's ('52/'53) have a really nice syrupy and musical sweetness to them that the later ones don't have to such a terrific extent. Study the actual P90's and you'll notice enough physical differences to warrant thinking I might be onto something...

Sorry for the massive thread derail!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    Nice looking '54 You got there! Is it heavy? Thick neck? I have a R6 and occasionally dream about a R4.

Sometimes I realize that all my guitars (tele, LP, ES175) are invented before year 1957 (humbuckers were presented) and I feel myself very very conservative.

But hey, what good has come after that to electric guitars? Ok ok, I know the answer! Two things: Gibson SG in 1961 and ES Les Paul 2014!

User Info Menu

This NGD is not enough to start a seperate thread, so I put it here instead, since it is vaguely tele related .... I've been looking for a nice tele for a while without one turning up. Instead this SG showed up locally yesterday at a fine price, so I gave in. Unless seller backs out I'm picking it up later today.

I'm hoping it act similar to a tele and jazz nicely ... What do you say?
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-_86-jpg 
    Last edited by Lobomov; 11-18-2016 at 05:52 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov
    This NGD is not enough to start a seperate thread, so I put it here instead, since it is vaguely tele related .... I've been looking for a nice tele for a while without one turning up. Instead this SG showed up locally yesterday at a fine price, so I gave in. Unless seller backs out I'm picking it up later today.
    I'm hoping it act similar to a tele and jazz nicely ... What do you say?
    I say Gorgeous! Never tried jazz with a SG but with mahogany body and P90 pickups You can't go wrong!