The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 24 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Posts 576 to 600 of 2242

User Info Menu

Here's the guitar...I put it together this summer. Here's the amp...I built it back in 2003.
    Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-nsp-front-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-5e3-deluxe-03-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I like the way the cap matches the guitar.
    I just got back from the beach, where a buddy and I spent the week playing a couple of Monty teles and a couple of little Martin flattops. Double the fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-mv-16-lineup-jpg 

User Info Menu

HT,

You know that I think that Monty's Teles are THE BEST. Period. Case closed. He made the necks for Elliot Mechanic. Those necks bring $1.5K-$2K these days. I have never played better, including vintage Fenders.

You had a great weekend.

User Info Menu

Got another outdoor solo gig coming up this weekend. It's after Labor Day, though, so gotta swap the tan hat for a tweed one. Still gonna use the Tele though.

Probably the last outdoor gig of the season.

User Info Menu

Tweed?
    Gotcher back:
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-classic-tweed_lrg1-jpg 

User Info Menu

Or did you mean tartan?
    Attached Images Attached Images Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-tele-tartan-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gator811
    I think the best thing about the telecaster is that if you cant find one you like - you can basically build one up from parts of things you do like..

Perfect gigging, touring and pickup and play - ultimately if it suffers an occupational ding or two its not going to make much difference to anything (including its value - especially if its a mongrel like mine )

My Partscaster is one of the jazziest guitars I have owned .....
    This is exactly what I did. What I've missed ALL these years! Thanks folks. Yoooou're maaaah inspiraaaaashuuun!!!

User Info Menu

If I lost it all in a fire or what ever, I would not buy it all back. I would simply buy a basic American Tele with a mini bucker in the neck and a noiseless option in the bridge, a Tweed Harvard clone, 3 Boss pedals (Tuner, OD, delay) and a reasonably priced acoustic and be done! I really am privileged to have the instruments that I own but I would not do it the same if I had to do it over. Tele does it all except for strait up acoustic tones!

User Info Menu

Ken

A Tele and a 5f10 tweed Harvard and you're set.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbow
    I'll have to say I would consider grabbing my Tele to smash my way out of a burning house.
    Lol
    It would work, too. You can also flip it over on your lap and eat dinner on it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbow
    I'll have to say I would consider grabbing my Tele to smash my way out of a burning house.
    Lol

There's always an acoustic simulation pedal. All points covered! Score!!
    Fender made a couple of teles with piezo I believe, they appear rarely.

User Info Menu

Well, I played my last outdoor gig for awhile. It was a big banquet at one of the two universities in the town in which I live. Big audience seated for a meal and drinks. Folks seemed to enjoy the music and were actually listening. The younger folks enjoyed more country and blues material--particularly, Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard. The adult crowd, however, liked the jazz and Great American Songbook stuff, with 60s pop thrown in.

I got requests for "more Burt Bacharach." When's the last time you got that?

As was the case last week, "Oleo" was a favorite with the crowd...but Brad Paisley's "Nervous Breakdown" drew the biggest applause.

One thing is sure: the Telecaster can cover _all_ bases.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by medblues
    Fender made a couple of teles with piezo I believe, they appear rarely.
    The "Power" Nashville Tele, for example.

I sold all my Gibsons my Les Paul, ES335, Prestige Deluxe LP. I am down to 3 guitars, my Epiphone Masterbilt acoustic, my Firebird a friend made for me, and my Fender AMS Telecaster loaded with Fender Pure Vintage 58 pickups. My Tele does most everything I want very well. And I don't know how to use my wifes Apple Imac computer are whatever, if I did I show you a picture.

User Info Menu

Gary,

Like you, I sold a bunch of Gibsons (ES-335, ES-175, L-6S, Les Paul, etc.). However, I also sold a Fender Stratocaster and two Fender Telecasters. I thought I could do what I wanted with just a couple of VERY deluxe archtops.

I was wrong. I ended up having to get a Telecaster back. They are just too universal. Absolutely, they are the Swiss Army knife of guitars. Anybody who says that the 335 or Les Paul can do that...I can say firsthand that it just isn't so. The Telecaster is much more versatile.

User Info Menu

Hello guys

It seems there is some kind of Telecaster convention here.. so here is my Tequilacaster , a MIM Baja, in front of its big sister a Precision P51 Reissue (Telecaster bass).. I'm a bass guy, I play guitar for fun at home.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-baja_p51-jpg

User Info Menu

Istelie,

Looks like home, to me. I play upright, electric bass, and guitar. My bass is sort of like yours:
    Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-bassfretlessfrontcrop-jpg
    It's a custom-made version of a Fender P-bass, but with a maple-capped body and a fretless neck. Charles Fuquay of Virginia made it for me. Plays and sounds like a dream.

I made my Tele--from parts. My bass was made in Prague, CZ.

Good to find another bass/guitarist person, here.

User Info Menu

There's a chambered Tele in the for sale section. I didn't want to disrupt that thread, so I was wondering what is the difference between a standard Tele and a chambered one?

User Info Menu

love the look of that chambered spruce top tele..a beauty...but i've found the tele to be the least dependent on body wood for tone of any guitar...a thinline tele which is chambered and has an f-hole really does not sound that different from a normal ash or alder solid tele...its the pups and the bridge and location of the pups...strings relation to the body..whatever..but i don't think chambering makes that much a difference tone wise..of course body weight is another issue

cheers

User Info Menu

I don't recall this being posted. Maybe it has but I dig this guys Tele jazz sound.

User Info Menu

PS: Does D'addario have most of the love when it comes to Teles?

User Info Menu

Tim Lerch posts here occasionally. His Tele playing is great and his sound is more so.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by West LA Jazz
    I don't recall this being posted. Maybe it has but I dig this guys Tele jazz sound.

Sound is incredibly good (so is playing.. in my next life I'll play half as good).

I'm suprised by the .12-.54 strings, is it usual ?

User Info Menu

Here's his tele vs archtop (can you tell the difference) test. Pretty interesting!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lstelie
    Sound is incredibly good (so is playing.. in my next life I'll play half as good).

I'm suprised by the .12-.54 strings, is it usual ?
    Heavy flatwounds make my Strat sound like an archtop!