The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 15 of 90 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Posts 351 to 375 of 2248

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter
    Are you guys just as sensible when it comes to buying cars, food, holidays, TV sets etc.? I'd say go Custom Shop. Nothing beats a nicely flamed nitro finished Nocaster neck. MIM? Meh.
    My opinion is save your blingy guitar excesses for archtops. Tele are workin' man's guitars.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Joe
    I agree. I have an MIM Strat and I think it's a terrific guitar especially at the price. My Tele is a Highway I which is American made, but I bought it from a friend. If I were getring a new one it would be MIM.
    I have an MIM Strat also, and I agree about the price; a student gave it to me for free.

I'm doing a show for the next two months, and on the guitar book they have 'Telecaster' written on it.
    I've been using my Parker P-44; nobody notices.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NoReply
    I prefer the Made In Mexico Fender's as good if not better plus you save money. If you Google there is a Youtube of how minor the differences are and reviewer said get the MIM Fenders.
    Ah ha! This is the insider knowledge I'm looking for. Great call pal!!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbow
    Simulcara called 'Walking tree'.

If you think about it digital cameras have a built in logarithm that recognises face shapes (2 eyes, nose and mouth) and would focus on that. Recognising face shapes and forms is kinda hardwired into our brains from birth.

WLAJ, enjoy the experience and make sure you try many Teles until you find 'The One'.
    I'll do just that. I am PRAYING that the neck will feel great in my hand.

Speaking of tele necks, are they any different in feel when compared to the Stratocaster?
    Or do they have a different contour so to speak?

User Info Menu

"My T-style has a 1 3/4" nut and I kept my pants on! Because it's a MIA G&L and you get to choose the neck profile."

True about the G&L.

I believe the #4 neck is a 1 3/4... and the up charge is about 25% compared to a Fender neck upcharge.

Were I to buy another "Tele" it would be a G&L..

Because I fingerpick, nut width and string spacing are critical.

User Info Menu

Coming to this thread late and haven't read all 17 pages. Sorry.

I'm looking for a decent loaded (includes all the electronics) body for cheap. I would like to put a wider nut neck on it as I can only play 1 3/4 or wider necks. Any recommendations?

User Info Menu

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-image-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-image-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-image-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-image-jpgTelecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-image-jpg
    Last edited by 999369; 06-23-2016 at 04:44 PM.

User Info Menu

Fender(usa) highway One 2006, in good condition. Seller wants about 750$. Fair?
    Last edited by Groover1999; 06-23-2016 at 09:34 AM. Reason: grammar :D

User Info Menu

I think that was an $800 (at most) guitar new in 2006.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4thstuning
    Coming to this thread late and haven't read all 17 pages. Sorry.

I'm looking for a decent loaded (includes all the electronics) body for cheap. I would like to put a wider nut neck on it as I can only play 1 3/4 or wider necks. Any recommendations?
    Loaded? You could buy a Telecaster, say a MIM or CV (new or used), then sell the original neck and swap on your wider one.

User Info Menu

999369, what wood is that body? It looks awesome! It's a shame it had a pickguard on it.

User Info Menu

It's local shop made parts telecaster " Warmoth " let me ask him ?
    Last edited by 999369; 06-23-2016 at 12:31 PM.

User Info Menu

What would be the best value-for-money Telecaster Fender in the price range: 800-1500$?

User Info Menu

With $1500 you could probably build a Tele out of Fender licensed parts and other high quality parts that would be on par with a Tele built by a boutique builder that would sell for over $3000. Custom made to your specs. The downside is that you may be waiting a while to get a custom body and/or custom neck.

User Info Menu

1500$ is max(..but more like: you´ll never get a deal like this, buy it! Buy it now!). I´m hoping to find one in the 800-1000 area, but willing to go up..

User Info Menu

Okay I admit I didn't read the 200 pages before this but....I too love my tele for chicken pickin.

I give you my 2000 made in china Squier Tele.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-20160623_193001-jpg

I wanted to do a country album so obviously I needed a tele. I went to the big music store here and literally played every tele they had. Didn't like any of them. From the new Squier's on up to the whatever anniversary $3500 jobbie.

Saw the blue punched out one hanging on the wall in the rental department. A salesman who knows me well tried to talk me out of it. Said it was junk. I played it and bought it.
    $120 with a hardshell and a pack of strings.

I did that country album and I love this shitbox tele.

Sounds like this.

Last edited by Captain Caravelle; 06-23-2016 at 07:32 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Caravelle
    I went to the big music store here and literally played every tele they had. Didn't like any of them. From the new Squier's on up to the whatever anniversary $3500 jobbie.

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-matrixlaurencefishburne-jpg

Lol

User Info Menu

Seller had this to say about max 800$ worth of the highway 1: They are out of production and value goes up.

User Info Menu

Groover,
    Do a search of completed listings on ebay and look for the green numbers that indicate the price that they're selling for.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Groover1999
    What would be the best value-for-money Telecaster Fender in the price range: 800-1500$?
    Standard Tele (Made in Mexico). Should fetch about $600 new. Best guitar value there is.

User Info Menu

I am going to try out an ESP LTD TE-202. The one I am looking at is the flat black. I usually eschew black guitars because of my borderline OCD hatred of fingerprints, (plus I prefer the look of sunburst) but this one is at a super good price.

I am also not a fan of factory relics but the ESP LTD Strat I have is a really great guitar and the relic is not bad. The neck feels fantastic! If this feels as good as the strat, I may upgrade the electronics and pickups, depending on how the original ones turn out.

Here's a representation of one:

Achat ESP LTD TE-202 Maple Distressed BLK Black guitare électrique | Bax-shop

User Info Menu

If you are considering the Tele Hiway 1.....Pre 2005 .
    Pickups and frets changed to neo moderne..pass.
    Stick to around $500 for a cherry.

Luv mine

sold it and spent the next 5 years trying to buy it back.. scored.

Sold my Am Std to get it.
    Last edited by bohemian46; 06-25-2016 at 12:59 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsclosson
    A great sounding Tele! Fantastic playing!!!!
    Forget about the Tele for a nanosecond. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Teac 8 track!!! Blast from the waaay past.
    Now back to the normal scheduled programming! Hello Telecaster. :-)

Last edited by West LA Jazz; 06-25-2016 at 02:18 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by West LA Jazz
    Also says here HOWARD ROBERTS and BARNEY KESSEL played Teles? What do you &**& knows??
    And a few others!

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-19744-2b64bf53609e765da700404e84e00fab-jpg

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-31453b7d193a1697ca327873b9a3ce4f-jpg

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-barney_kessel-jpg

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-download-jpg

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-ed-bickert-telecaster-jpeg

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-lp-fender1-jpg

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-scofield-john_15mars2013_01_w-jpg

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-wrecking-crew-tommy-tedesco-telecaster-970-80-jpg

User Info Menu

It's been posted before but I've found a few other pics to add

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-eb_fgelbard-jpg

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-edguitar-jpg

Telecaster Love Thread, No Archtops Allowed-edguitarup-jpg

Anyone up for an online petition to make Fender recognise Mr Bickert in his lifetime???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Groover1999
    seller aint moving.. 950$ is minimum. Still worth it, or should I hold out for a better deal?
    I would go for a Classic Player Baja 50s telecaster instead. USA new price is $800 for a Baja tele (849 euros Thomann price). Similar specs to the Highway One Texas tele and a fabulous fat neck. Or you could go for the Classic Player Baja 60s tele if you like a 60s style C-shape neck with rosewood fingerboard.
    Last edited by ozzeng; 06-26-2016 at 11:10 AM.