The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 40

User Info Menu

Any thoughts? I am about to spring for it. I don't usually use much reverb, and I have a good analog spring on several amps, however I run a mic through my amp and this little device should work for vocals and / or guitar. It seems to have a nice selection and isn't noisy according to the reviews.

There are cheaper pedals, but I don't want a crappy reverb. I also can't spend $500 for a higher end unit. This baby is about $100 and seems to be the best of the budget pedals....

Doc Dosco
    Peerless Guitars
    Attached Images Attached Images TC Electronics Hall Of Fame Reverb Pedal-download-png 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have one I like it a lot. I find the blend knob very useful. I think you picked a winner!!

User Info Menu

It's a good choice if you want non-specialized long and lush reverbs. If you want spring emulation, or other affected modes, look elsewhere. I had a Trinity (same thing but with 2 custom PGS presets) and compared it to a few other reverbs, notably the Digitech Hardwire RV-7. The Digitech had better clarity/realism, but the reverbs were very short. The HoF is a little grainier, but can do really long tails, which is why I got it. Through an amp the quality difference is even less relevant. The HoF definitely isn't noisy. For your needs I think it would work well.

User Info Menu

tc hof's a good little "jack of all reverbs" box..esp at that price point!!…best feature is that it maintains your analog signal all the way thru..doesn't convert your guitar to digital. like many other pedals..only the effect...

and with toneprint feature you can find and download a reverb that's to your exact liking..good little added extra feature

if you were very specific as to the type of reverb you required….as in, if you wanted an old fender amp spring reverb type , i'd recommend the catalinbread topanga..or if you wanted super lush jumbo decays and pristine wetness, i'd recommend the strymon "sky" pedals

but those are considerably more $$$ and more "tone" specific

√ good choice

cheers

User Info Menu

I think the spring setting on the HoF is fine, but i use mostly the room setting on mine. Good solid reverb pedal.

User Info Menu

Thanks all. I ordered it. $94 bucks delivered. The power supply was $6 from another place.

I think it will be fine. I simply need a short room or plate. Cathedral reverbs are nice, however I wouldn't have a use for it, and I don't need the spring simulation. I only need to wet down the guitar or voice a bit.

I had a Digitech Looper a while back. I hated it. It f***ed up the bypass signal and sounded tinny when not looping. Their reverb pedal may be better, put why take a chance. If this doesn't mess up the analog signal as mentioned, I'll be quite happy.

I started by looking at the Behringer because it is so cheap, however I have a little Behringer mixer I never use and I swear one can hear the ocean breaking on the shore through it (it's really THAT noisy) ..... so even if the hiss doesn't bother some people who reviewed the Behringer pedal, I think it would bother me.

Thanks again. I'll update this thread when I get the pedal.

Doc Dosco
    Last edited by docdosco; 08-20-2015 at 09:04 PM.

User Info Menu

It's a great pedal Doc, you'll love it.

User Info Menu

Be sure to check out some of the toneprint files on-line. Some of them are really nice.

User Info Menu

It is a nice pedal. I like the Robben Ford Toneprint. It is like a spring reverb but without the metallic zing

User Info Menu

I think the HOF mini is even cheaper. If you don't need to have 15 different reverbs available at all times.

User Info Menu

Steve Morse toneprints are good too!

User Info Menu

I just got the HOF Mini and IMO it's a great pedal.
    The Toneprint feature is cool. All of the pre-sets from the HOF are available, plus custom artist settings.
    And once you download the Toneprint app. You don't have to be online to change your reverb model.
    Don't know if you got the HOF or the Mini, but if you got the Mini. After downloading the Toneprint app you'll only have about half of the available settings.
    To get the full amount of Toneprints, go to settings→update and it will almost double the available Toneprints.
    HNPD, enjoy.
    Paully

User Info Menu

Hi all,

I tried the pedal briefly today. I am impressed so far. It has a stunning cathedral reverb that I will never use, however the room and plate are certainly workable. I found it clean, with the resolution at the tail end of the reverbs lush, thick and not gritty. I also thought the dry signal seemed true to the amp I was plugged into. I have had pedals that colored the sound in bypass, so much so that I sold off the device to be rid of it.

I am not a pedal guy really. However this little box has lots of high quality, useful presets that can be doctored in various ways. A nice tool, I must say.

I will spend more time in the next few days fiddling with it. The tiny size, flexibility, ease of use does make the Hall of Fame attractive. Especially as you can get it for about $100 if you look around. I paid $94, free shipping and got the power supply elsewhere for $6, free shipping.

Doc Dosco

User Info Menu

Both Larry Carlton and Robben Ford have a HOF reverb in their pedalboards.

If it's good enough for them, and neither has an endorser contract, I'd say it's good enough for anybody.

HTH,

User Info Menu

I have a Hall of Fame Mini. I really like the size factor, though I do prefer the sound of my Mad Professor Silver Spring. Here are a few toneprints I like:

Air - Robben Ford
    Clouds - Robben Ford
    Molly - Jon Thorne
    Preset Church

User Info Menu

Another promising option is the new Digitech Polara reverb unit. Apparently, the algorithms used come from the Lexicon line, and all the demos I've heard so far have been very pleasing. It looks to me like Digitech was aiming for the Hall of Fame market since it's about the same size as the HOF and features a variety of reverb sounds to choose from. I don't know whether or not it is as good or better than the TC Electronics unit, but it might be worth a look.

User Info Menu

They're very similar but I liked the HOF more. The main advantage of the Digitech is a better Spring mode.

User Info Menu

Digitech lost me on the sound quality of their looper. I could really hear a nasty nasal tone in the bypass. When it was unplugged I got my warm tube sound back, so the pedal was unusable to me.

However, maybe they have cleaned up their electronics.

I don't need a spring, so I guess the HoF will do fine....

Doc Dosco

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemg1984
    They're very similar but I liked the HOF more. The main advantage of the Digitech is a better Spring mode.
    What did you like more about the HOF?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docdosco
    Digitech lost me on the sound quality of their looper. I could really hear a nasty nasal tone in the bypass. When it was unplugged I got my warm tube sound back, so the pedal was unusable to me.

However, maybe they have cleaned up their electronics.

I don't need a spring, so I guess the HoF will do fine....

Doc Dosco
    The issue of sound loss when bypassed shouldn't be a problem. I read that the pedal comes with a switch that allows the user to choose between true and buffered bypass.

Both seem like great pedals. I'm sure that when it comes time buy a reverb pedal, it'll be one of these two.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Klatu
    What did you like more about the HOF?
    I just liked the HOF algorithms a little more. . and the HOF has a lot more reverbs because of the toneprints. But they're both great pedals!

User Info Menu

The Polara does not mess with the guitars sound at all.

User Info Menu

Gave up on getting a good reverb out of the Boss Katana, can’t afford the Strymon, suffered the opening to hell known as GC on a Saturday, got home, installed a battery, plugged in and instantly found a sonic happy place.

No hurry to explore the USB software or the weird Mash technology, is it a button or a a tiny pedal?

HALL OF FAME 2 REVERB | Stompboxes | Guitar | TC Electronic | Categories | MUSIC Group - TC Electronic

User Info Menu

Wife out of the house so tried the HOF2 in the fx loop of the Peavey C30. The Boss Katana 100 combo has been my sole amp since it came 2 years ago. That 0.5watt mode allows me to play sans headphones when she’s home so when I can turn it up I just switch to the 50watt mode. It weighs 10lbs less than the C30 so when I do go out I grab it. Hard to beat. Let’s hear what the HOF sounds like in the Peavey. Its reverb died a couple of years ago, never that great anyway.

Oh yeah! Tubes!

The Boss is nice, much more useful, comes close to the sound but the real deal is soul satisfying.

User Info Menu

The HOF2 is a great pedal. I have found a lot of nice sounds in mine.