The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 40 of 40

User Info Menu

Glad you like it. I bought my first Reverb pedal, a Topanga mainly because when I would use my 5E3 25W Tweed build at low volume I would always wonder what a dab of Reverb would be like. I love a little Reverb.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Is the TC Electronics HOF 2 significantly improved compared to the original HOF reverb pedal? I had the original version and was not impressed.

User Info Menu

My understanding is the algorithms are the same with the exception of the new shimmer. They added two more preset slots and their “Mash” technology where the button acts like a foot pedal, the effect changes level as you press harder. TC also brags about something new with the internal dip switches but I haven’t tried that.

User Info Menu

For any of you that are using smaller stereo reverb pedals like the HOF2, how do you manage to not pull the reverb around the room when you walk? Are you fastening it to some sort of pedal board?

I looked at the TC Electronic M100 (which gets favorable reviews) and it looks substantial enough to not be flopping off the amp when I move about.

User Info Menu

My HOF Mini doesn't move because I don't use a cable, instead a wireless system. But even while using a cable, it didn't move around that much. Maybe my cable was longer and/or my room smaller than yours.

User Info Menu

Wireless, Line6 G10, to the amp with the HOF2 in the FX loop.

User Info Menu

I have noticed this pedal eats batteries. To ensure it is OFF I must step on the switch AND pull the cords out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TedBPhx
    I have noticed this pedal eats batteries. To ensure it is OFF I must step on the switch AND pull the cords out.
    It's worth getting something like a OneSpot, especially as you accumulate pedals.

User Info Menu

Any pedal will eat batteries while cords are plugged in unless it's a true bypass, and even then it can be a problem. I either use an adapter, or an external battery in a box with an on/off switch. I tend to forget the switch, though, and mostly just unplug the box. With an internal battery, most are using power as long as a plug is inserted. Not a great design, but it's by far the most common.

User Info Menu

Just got me a HOF Mini! I love it and the Toneprint app is an amazing idea, so much fun!

User Info Menu

Congratulations. Every clip I've heard of the Hall of Fame has been terrific.

As a side note: I'm constantly impressed by the audio minutiae that reviewers are able to identify that separate one pedal from another. Many of the pedals I've heard sound remarkably similar. In fact, most of them sound amazing.

I'm that rare guy who is usually quite satisfied with any onboard reverb I've encountered on an amp. I even think the Polytone onboard reverb is solid and usable.

User Info Menu

I am generally pleased with the on board effects in my Boss Katana but the reverbs are not great. The spring reverb in the Classic 30 died so that was my excuse to get the HOF. The sound is superb but I’m getting bored with powering it and two additional cables. Probably my one and only pedal for the foreseeable future.

User Info Menu

I know i'm after the fact here, but posting for the future keyword searchers...

I've enjoyed the TC Hall of Fame reverb in my rig for years and it is loaded with great features.
    That said, i recently switched to a super clean rig(Clarus w/extended range cab) and moved the HOF from front of amp to the effects loop, where I can really hear the details of the reverb algorithm. It sounds very grainy, almost like you can hear the individual delay layers. I've got several reverb units, including Lexicon and others, and I must say, if you really want a great sounding reverb, Hall of Fame is not a good choice. It seems to be just fine as a lo-fi pedal out front, though.

User Info Menu

Aaargh! Mine died.

User Info Menu

i had one. Nicest of the cheap reverb pedals. I think it's overall a better sounding pedal than the digitech though the spring on the digitech is slightly better. Neither's spring will remind you of a fender amp though. One issue is that the jacks are very cheaply mounted to the circuit board and if you have it at the end of your pedalboard, it's easy to wreck the pedal by stepping on the cable. I had it happen and mine was out of warranty and TC wanted $85 + shipping to fix it.

I have the digitech RV-7 (basically the same as the polaris) and it's somewhat underwhelming. I have tried the oceans 11 (also underwhelming), the wet (too much echo), and several others. I recently bought a tube spring reverb. I have also owned the strymon flint and source audio ventris and they are both better than the smaller pedals but i thought the spring on the flint was poor and the ventris was way more than what I needed.