The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Posts 276 to 300 of 310

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EarlBrother View Post
    Just curious about how owners feel about the pedal and if it ever developed further?
    The utility of the pedal is fantastic. I have a Polyclone built by Miguel Oliveira that I either have in the effects loop of my Fractal AX8 or in front of another amp to give me "that sound". I also have a Brute Eq being built for me right now by Rasmus who has made his own additions and and form factor options making it a unique offering. Rasmus is a pleasure to do business with (as was Miguel for that matter) and I look forward to receiving the Brute Eq in the near future.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It most definitely gets two thumbs up from me still. As it happens i’ll probably get a second one, just as a backup in case anything happens to it.

In my case there were a number of gear related contributing factors that caused me some angst over a long period of time. After resolving different string type and guage combinations, and then different amp settings things improved, but still weren’t quite right. The pedal added that last magic 20%. It took a great amp/guitar combo and made it feel delightful under my fingers. The finger/ear connection -now they are one thing.

As a pure coincidence, I’ve been enjoying it for the last 3 days and nights, and will be up till 2 or 3am tonight again doing the same.

I still use mine too, and love it - but I'm biased

User Info Menu

I am still a little unclear about how one acquires one of these pedals, how much they cost, etc. I am selling down my stack of Polytone amps, and if this pedal really scores the Polytone sound, I might be able to sell off more.

For further development, I see the complete amp in a pedal things like Quilter sells, and wondered if a Polytone Pre-amp pedal could be augmented to include a power amp board (?) for connection directly to a cabinet. A kind of Polytone mini-head.

miguel.oliveir@gmail.com (Portugal)

contact jazzmus here (Denmark, I believe)

User Info Menu

It would be kinda cool is somewhere there was at least on paper a "kit" for this. List of components, clear wiring diagram, etc. for hobby types to give it a try.

User Info Menu

It would certainly be possible to make a complete amp in a pedal, by adding a power amp. All it takes is knowledge, determination, and money, with determination including the time involved. Finding someone with all that might be difficult, though. The profit margin and sales volume are likely to be rather small.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone View Post
    I am still a little unclear about how one acquires one of these pedals, how much they cost, etc. I am selling down my stack of Polytone amps, and if this pedal really scores the Polytone sound, I might be able to sell off more.

For further development, I see the complete amp in a pedal things like Quilter sells, and wondered if a Polytone Pre-amp pedal could be augmented to include a power amp board (?) for connection directly to a cabinet. A kind of Polytone mini-head.
    Its very very doable, but... asking politely as a gentleman and trying to understand (am i missing a point?) - why head and cab instead of a combo and why sell (if fully functional) a polytone amp only to replace with something nearly identical?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmus View Post
    Its very very doable, but... asking politely as a gentleman and trying to understand (am i missing a point?) - why head and cab instead of a combo and why sell (if fully functional) a polytone amp only to replace with something nearly identical?
    You do have a point there. I am trying to pull together the money to order the pedal. I was going to order back in 2017 when they started appearing, but life and cashflow issues intervened. I'd still like to get one of these Polytone pedals.

User Info Menu

You do have a point there. I am trying to pull together the money to order the pedal. I was going to order back in 2017 when they started appearing, but life and cashflow issues intervened. I'd still like to get one of these Polytone pedals.
    Lawson, i think you have my info on pm from a while back, i plan to keep at it so there is no hurry, i build a few at a time and when they are gone i build a few more, might be subject to minor changes but never un- announced. Cheers.

Polytone in a Pedal-skærmbillede-2019-04-27-kl-17-19-56-png

User Info Menu

A more flexible solution is a standalone mini-power amp and a very lightweight speaker cabinet. I use the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 amp with the BruteEQ pedal as preamp and a telescoping TOOB cabinet containing a 12" Jensen as my humbucker rig --- switch out the BruteEQ for the Jr Barnyard and that's my single coil rig. The whole thing weighs less than any 12" combo amp and fits in a roller bag.

It would be kinda cool is somewhere there was at least on paper a "kit" for this. List of components, clear wiring diagram, etc. for hobby types to give it a try.
    I'm not qualified to this, bue if someone wants to do it, it would be cool.

User Info Menu

I thought I would revive one of my favorite threads as I recently received a brand new custom Brute Eq pedal from forum member Rasmus (Jazzmus). Ras is a really great guy and has been a pleasure doing business with. The pedal sounds fantastic. I am really pleased with the features, getting "the sound" and the quality of the build. So far I've spend most of my time playing it in the effects loop of my AX8 with a Dr Bonkers Polytone IR but I look forward to putting it in front of my fender, Henriksen and Acoustic Image amps. I just have not had too much extra time to experiment yet...but I will!

User Info Menu

First post here.

My name is Paolo, I'm 52, I'm from Italy , and I can say without a doubt that I'm not a really great jazz guitarist. I wish I would !

What I can say, is that I'm a good expert of Guitar amplification, especially tubes ones, ( it's been my job for 10 years to design and realize high end custom amps for any sort).
    Now, lots of years back, I've done also a couple of polytone inspired amps ( same preamp, no drive, mosfet power amp, effects loop) for my personal use. One has been sold, while the other was resting in my basement for almost 15 years. A few days ago I've switched on it once again, and everything was working properly. And now , I have again a love affair with these little boxes and their strong personality.

I've found this thread, so now I'm asking all of you if you have a couple of pcb for making two preamps ( yes i never build a single thing, but at least 2 because I want to have always a spare). I have discovered that the polytone preamp, amplified with a 100w Dumble inspired tube power amp, is exactly the clean tone that I was searching for. And if there is availability of the pcbs, I would be more than happy to acquire them.

Let me know, and if you have them, my email is pamaz67(at)gmail.com. Many thanks. Paolo
    Last edited by pamaz; 10-20-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Hi,

I was wondering if any of these pedals are still available for purchase - the slimmer version (122x66mm) Brute EQ that Jazzmus has produced?

I tried e-mailing through the (Jazz Guitar) website, but did not get a response. For some reason I can't send a PM. I am assuming because I am a new member?
    Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Johnny B.

Thanks for the quick response!
    I'm actually hoping to find one of the smaller-enclosure versions of these pedals. But I will keep the one for sale on Reverb in mind for sure.
    JB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBTurlington View Post
    Thanks for the quick response!
    I'm actually hoping to find one of the smaller-enclosure versions of these pedals. But I will keep the one for sale on Reverb in mind for sure.
    JB
    i looked at jazzmus' profile and he's been online today. so he should see this thread.

User Info Menu

Any chance the file in the original post could be reuploaded? I'm an avid DIYer and would love to put together my own version of this pedal.

I would love to, but I can't find the files anywhere... Maybe someone saved them and can post? I would like to have the files myself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemg1984 View Post
    I would love to, but I can't find the files anywhere... Maybe someone saved them and can post? I would like to have the files myself.
    Darn. Here's hoping they surface!

User Info Menu

Just posted this in another thread but here I go: I got one for sale, if you're interested you can message me for details.

User Info Menu

Hi, new user, first post..

I need to repair the "modulator" board in a Polytone Taurus Elite, same circuit I believe in the R.S. Modulator pedal. But there is a mystery IC (U7) that is scrubbed of markings.. dont know what it is. It's a 16pin DIP marked PT2201 on the schematic.

Does anyone know what this part is? This thread seems like a good place to ask..

Thanks in advance,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemg1984 View Post
    Talking about this?
    https://www.dropbox.com/t/XDWZSmM0AoEvhzOB
    You can download it from my Dropbox transfer link. It's a safe compressed rar file named "Polyclone" and I hope it works.

I kept it just in case...

(link expires on September 14)
    Last edited by Cordalis; 09-08-2023 at 08:51 AM.

User Info Menu

Excellent! I likely won’t get to this ‘til next year, but it’s exciting to have the files. I may try to do a vero/stripboard layout - will post here if I manage it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cordalis View Post
    Talking about this?
    https://www.dropbox.com/t/XDWZSmM0AoEvhzOB
    You can download it from my Dropbox transfer link. It's a safe compressed rar file named "Polyclone" and I hope it works.

I kept it just in case...
    That's it, many thanks!!!