The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 56 of 56

User Info Menu

I have the Gypsy Jazz Multiac. This differs slightly in that it comes with steel strings...silver plated copper wound Gypsy jazz strings. It's super versatile with that Seymour Duncan lipstick pickup. Love it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

DaShigsta Guest
    Here's Nelson Veras playing my Multiac SA Nylon, which he borrowed for this recording/concert in Cologne in 2019:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DaShigsta;[URL="tel:1091274"
    1091274[/URL]]Here's Nelson Veras playing my Multiac SA Nylon, which he borrowed for this recording/concert in Cologne in 2019:

Nelson is a new favorite on my playlist. I recently purchased an older TeleClassic/AcoustiClassic like the one he played for years (and perhaps, still plays?). When I asked him about his preference among the various Godin models, he responded that he liked the SA the best but that the older AcoustiClassic had an “interesting punch” if albeit “less acoustic” sound than the others.

User Info Menu

There is a new series of Multiacs coming out soon with a redesigned pickup system that uses a microphone as well as individual piezo pickups for each string. They are well-made instruments that are easy to maintain, and the slightly crowned fingerboard, unlike classical guitar, makes it easier to play jazz styles. I have been playing a 7-string Multiac for years, it's a superb instrument. Mine does have Synth Access, which makes it very useful for studio and pit work, but is not necessary unless you want to deal with that. Also, feedback happens with guitar amps; they are not voiced for the classical range. I play through a Bose Compact with either Zoom or Digitech multi-effects processors, and very rarely have any feedback problems even at fairly high stage volume levels.

User Info Menu

The Multiac Grand Concert is a classic when it comes to acoustic-electric guitars. I had one years ago, and I regret selling it. Beautiful sound.

User Info Menu

Sylvain Luc :