The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

One place to look would be eBay under Completed Items. That being said not many Ibanez Byrdlands come up for sale so in the 3 month or so that search might elicit you many see none. And asking price versus what it actually sold for can be two completely different universes. But my educated guess, for a burst version, with the correct short scale would be $1500.00 to $2200.00 - depending on the shape of the pick guard, did it outgas and tarnish the hardware, did said outgassing also eat the lining of the top just above the pick guard when the case it closed, is the binding intact (again discolored or cracked because of out gassing. A real problem with guitars of that era...

A good buddy of mine from the Ibanez forum decided to sell off a number of very clean examples of L-5 copies and among them was his original short scale blonde Byrdland. To me he wanted around $2200.00 - but it was like new.

If it is pristine then yes more around the 2k mark. I've been collecting and following Ibanez guitars since my first one that I got in 1965. I hope this ballpark figure helps.

Big
    Last edited by BigMikeinNJ; 02-16-2016 at 05:59 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thank you very much for your post!

Here are some pics of it if that helps also.

User Info Menu

I've got a 2464 as a gift from a friend. It's not in the best shape, the pre-owner did some minor mods and he did it in a quite bad way so I decided to correct that in a proper way. One thing he did was to replace the original humbuckers with cheap p90. I understand why he changed buckers with p90s and I would like to buy some good ones.
    So here's my question: There's many options when it comes to choosing the magnets. That has great effect to the resulting tone. I've read, that those Byrdland models with p90s had alnico 5 magnets. Do you think that's a good choice for a 2464, too? I have no experience with this guitar so I can not decide that...
    Thanks for your opinions!