The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

by the way, I heard that jeff hale was adding some type of lead weight to the endpin jack. Not sure how easy that was to do but that's how he solved the balance problem.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

you could get a longer screw for the end strap button, and then put it through the button then the weight into the wood.

User Info Menu

This might be outside of what the original poster is searching for, but he might consider checking out one of Bill Comins' designed-import built, GCS semi-hollows. The coil-tapped Kent Armstrong pickups in this chambered guitar sound amazing for jazz, fusion or other styles. It is one of my favorites of this type of instrument. I play mine more than my GB12 or Heritage archtops.

Videos | Comins Guitars

User Info Menu

Hello everyone,
    I bought a used El Rey 2 yesterday and I absolutely love it. However, I am not so sure about the bridge. It is currently strung with round wound 12s with a wound G, that is pretty much what it says on this page they come with from the factory https://www.eastmanguitars.com/er2
    so you would guess the bridge would be made exactly for this type of string, but when I did a setup yesterday after buying it to improve action and intonation, the G string on the 12th fret came out horribly flat, about a quarter tone, with all other strings perfectly intonated. I would expect this to happen if the bridge was made for a wound G and I strung it with a plain G, but that's not the case here. Am I overlooking something?
    I would really like to try a tune-o-matic. Will any of the regular brands like Gotoh, Schaller or Tonepros be a drop-in-replacement to use the same base without further modifications, or will I need to get a base custom made in order to accommodate a tune-o-matic?
    Best regards,
    Franz

User Info Menu

If you want to stay with a wooden bridge you could try the Sadowsky bridge: True-Tone Bridge - Sadowsky Guitars

User Info Menu

It says the post spacing is like a tune-o-matic, but I am not sure if a TOM will fit on the Eastman base, the spacing measured with a ruler looks more like 77mm instead of 74mm like a TOM