The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Anyone ever had experience with this model? Information is scarce. I realize they're laminates and built in Japan with final assembly by Buscarino . That's it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Can't help you now but I am going to try the one at Bernuzio's next weekend if its still there. I'll report back then.

Are you going specifically to play the Gigmaster?

User Info Menu

I grew up in Rochester, so when I visit I like to stop in to Bernuzio's. I am not in the market for a guitar, especially a 6 string. So if you're eyeing that one it's safe

User Info Menu

My understanding is that they were built mostly overseas but with final matters handled by John B. himself. John has very high standards so I'm sure they are great guitars.

My only hesitation would be buying a laminate guitar with a floater...my understanding is that most but not all had floaters: http://www.musik-news.org/thread/507...-For-Sale.html

...but that's just my personal preference.

User Info Menu

Just an update and psa I suppose.

I was lucky enough to have a Gigmaster come up locally and got to actually play it before purchasing. Thoroughly impressed with it and it came home with me. What an absolute delight.

If you get a chance to play one, certainly do so.

http://www.buscarino.com/content/200...mint-condition

This is not the one but it looks just like it.
    Last edited by teleboli; 04-02-2014 at 10:23 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    the Gigmaster was actually an Asian built poly finished archtop, correct?
    Now why you gotta rain on the guy's NGD? As per the first post, he knows it's built in Japan and it's named "Gigmaster" - nobody playing at or attending a gig cares whether a guitar has a nitro or poly finish. Poly is more durable...arguably better for a workhorse guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coolvinny
    Now why you gotta rain on the guy's NGD? As per the first post, he knows it's built in Japan and it's named "Gigmaster" - nobody playing at or attending a gig cares whether a guitar has a nitro or poly finish. Poly is more durable...arguably better for a workhorse guitar.
    BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

GOES THE DUMP TRUCK AS IT BACKS UP TO DUMP IT'S LOAD....

VINCENZO, WHY YOU GOTTA UNLOAD ON 2BN2B like that, he surely meant no harm...

WASTE MANAGEMENT REP...

User Info Menu

It turns out it was unintentional - no harm no foul. I'm sure 2Bop would not enjoy someone crashing down on one of his NGD's so I don't think he was offended by my comment.

Oy vey. Why do my threads always turn out like this?

Anyway, I just threw up the OP to let anyone know who may hear of one of these available at some point that they are lovely players and worth a look.

The neck is particularly nice. The Buscarino pickup sounds wonderful and it has the response/snap approaching an all carved instrument at a price point I can live with. I certainly can't afford any other Buscarino at $8000. and up ish. The acoustic volume as well is there and very satisfying. No damn brittle high end. Full bodied and lots of character.

Also, as far as I can tell, this is the same game plan Sadowsky employed. Building done in Japan by hand picked Japanese luthiers and then final fretwork/setup done in the US workshop. Just sayin'. Regardless, it's a very fine instrument and I'm happy with it AND I was able to do a trade so there was no additional output of cash.

On another note, here's another psa. It's in Canada so a US buyer would do well with the exchange were it currently is. I was strongly considering this one. The guy at the shop even did a video demo for me and I was ready to make the drive, but after having the Gigmaster drop into my lap, it scratched the itch just fine. Best, T

Mark Campellone Custom Standard Series "17
    Last edited by teleboli; 04-04-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Oh my goodness. Here's the one. Mine's got the floater.

Last edited by teleboli; 04-06-2014 at 07:47 PM.

User Info Menu

I'm about to buy a Gigmaster tomorrow from my jazz teacher. It is for a great price,,,, under $2500. Any thoughts on this from anyone out there?

Thank you