The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 42

User Info Menu

A few firsts for me besides being my first Napolitano...Grover tuners...an Ebony covered pickup...and my first archtop to arrive with a fitted bridge...it's about time!

Acoustically, I've never owned an archtop as vibrant...combined with its acoustic volume it's truly something special...Patrick, if I didn't know any better I'd say this must have been the Nap' you played in NJ.

I'll get some sound clips up over the holidaze.
    Last edited by 2bornot2bop; 12-24-2013 at 08:05 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Nappy nap.
    Last edited by 2bornot2bop; 12-24-2013 at 08:07 PM.

User Info Menu

Wow, really pretty!

User Info Menu

I wish my memory was good enough to confirm whether or not his was the guitar I played. But, I would tend to think not. If I didn't have enough cash with me to make an offer on this one . . I'd have offered my left nut for it. No, delay my last . . I'd have offered the right one . . (the left one is bigger and I think I could get buy with just that one).

Damn, Greg . . it's beautiful. Meticulous craftsmanship, as always from Artie. I see he uses the old school tongue and mortise neck joint. A classic . . . and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick2
    I wish my memory was good enough to confirm whether or not his was the guitar I played. But, I would tend to think not. If I didn't have enough cash with me to make an offer on this one . . I'd have offered my left nut for it. No, delay my last . . I'd have offered the right one . . (the left one is bigger and I think I could get buy with just that one).

Damn, Greg . . it's beautiful. Meticulous craftsmanship, as always from Artie. I see he uses the old school tongue and mortise neck joint. A classic . . . and I love it.
    LMFAO! :O

Yep, I wonder if that has anything to do with the tone?

User Info Menu

Wow. That is not in the same league as the dozens of Asian factory guitars you've flirted with. Or even the same sport. (Dibs on when/if it gets flipped, please!) Hope it gives you much pleasure over the holiday and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by rpguitar
    Wow. That is not in the same league as the dozens of Asian factory guitars you've flirted with. Or even the same sport. (Dibs on when/if it gets flipped, please!) Hope it gives you much pleasure over the holiday and beyond.
    I don't discriminate against anything that falls within my budget.

You didn't catch the half dozen or so Golden Eagles and Super Eagles I've owned? They say the memory is the first thing to go, and I'm still kickin it...no worries.

U got it...it's an acoustic gem...and it's definitely a KA handwound on the inside.

User Info Menu

That baby is friggin' beautiful.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    You didn't catch the half dozen or so Golden Eagles and Super Eagles I've owned?
    Oh, not to worry; I caught those too. Did I misstate the Asian factory guitar estimate, though?? I still think this one, the work of a single luthier, beats them all in appointments, detail, and care. It wasn't made for you, perhaps, but it was made for a paying customer at some point and no doubt lovingly so.

It doesn't matter. This is a journey. We're all on it, just different routes, paces, and landmarks.

User Info Menu

....wow....

User Info Menu

this is my ideal archtop, very nice and i am sure it sounds just as good as it looks

User Info Menu

I call dibs when if flip it ... that is unbelievably gorgeous! Post clips soon.

User Info Menu

I'm guessing that this is a very happy day in your house today. Well done Greg.

User Info Menu

Love it, Greg. This is the one that ticks all the boxes out of all that you've got.

I'll call dibs on it too if and when you flip. First to Roger, then to Jef, then to me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    I'll call dibs on it too if and when you flip. First to Roger, then to Jef, then to me.
    LOL. I didn't see where Roger said the exact same thing. Ok. I'll wait.

User Info Menu

"A few firsts for me besides being my first Napolitano...Grover tuners...an Ebony covered pickup...and my first archtop to arrive with a fitted bridge...it's about time! "
    2Born,
    Looks beautiful! Do you mean by "fitted bridge", a bridge base that's been sanded to match the contour of the arched top?
    I thought almost every archtop had a fitted bridge (if this is what you mean).
    Another great looking guitar. Looks like this luthier really is a stickler for detail. Jeff

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar!

User Info Menu

Fantastic instrument -- congrats!

User Info Menu

Is the strap button not centered, or is that just a photographic illusion?

User Info Menu

binding, binding, binding.
    you just can't have too much of this, you know?

nice guitar!

User Info Menu

I have to say that that is one if the most aesthetically pleasing archtops I've ever seen. Just the right amount of frills. Really beautiful. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like.

User Info Menu

I don't understand what's so special with this one ...

It's only a marvelous, absolutely beautiful, completely stunning
    best of the best amazing archtop after all.

As usual, 2born2bop , you did a great choice,
    very friendly congratulations
    and have a "not2bad" day :-))

christophe

User Info Menu

PS, I suggest all of us to keep some superlatives apart , just in case,
    because we will very quickly miss some quality vocabulary for the next one.

Maybe should I change amazing into good-looking, so that
    next time I'll have some appropriate words in stock ;-)

christophe
    Last edited by ninjasan; 11-27-2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: grammar

Thanks all for the congrats!

I slept in late as I played her into the wee hours....I couldn't put 'er down. She produces tone to the level I've always imagined coming from some of the ultra expensive archtop I've seen...I've never heard anything like this.

This guitar is singing with 12 flats... Once I'm done plugging in I'll place 13 rounds on her...rounds may reveal some interesting harmonies.

Quote Originally Posted by helios
    Do you mean by "fitted bridge", a bridge base that's been sanded to match the contour of the arched top?

I thought almost every archtop had a fitted bridge (if this is what you mean).
    Another great looking guitar. Looks like this luthier really is a stickler for detail. Jeff
    Yes, that's the process...but of the many I've owned, this is the first to arrive actually fitted. Generally, one can slide a business card at the edges to any fitted bridge...at least any I've owned...and worse yet, there's those gaps at the base where you can see light gaps, however slight, from the opposite side of the bridge. This was a pro job...much better than was done on my Cremona, but we don't need to go there

User Info Menu

Finally.. not one of those marginally useful Asian guitars (). It's very nice and you did a great job of photographing it. I think you should have a forum auction and we'll see who is serious. Glad you like it so far.