User Info Menu

How does you pedalboard look like?

Here's mine:

Show Your Pedalboards!-guitar-pedalboard-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Show Your Pedalboards!-cm-quattro-jpg

User Info Menu

nice David, I just got a Flint, great pedal. What is the small black secret pedal?

User Info Menu

Apparently it's a distortion,

Anyways, reposting mine just for the sake of adding to the thread:
    Show Your Pedalboards!-529351_10152689019890162_1989649424_n-jpg

Hopefully adding the last few things I need, a Blue Sky Reverb, a tuner (probably getting the TC nano tuner), and the HOG preset control.

User Info Menu

My pedalboard, I like them very light !

Show Your Pedalboards!-fender-switch-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzgtrl4
    nice David, i just got a Flint, great pedal. What is the small black secret pedal?
    It's a Mooer Black Secret, a very good (and affordable) RAT clone.

Show Your Pedalboards!-mooer-black-secret-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jtizzle

Hopefully adding the last few things I need, a Blue Sky Reverb, a tuner (probably getting the TC nano tuner), and the HOG preset control.
    I sold my BlueSky to get the Flint. The BlueSky is great, but I found it easier to dial in a range of useful tones with the Flint's more limited reverb controls.

How are you using the HOG? I got the Superego a couple of weeks ago as I suppose it's a 'deluxe Freeze' but wonder now whether I should have gone all out for the HOG.

User Info Menu

also whats the red pedal, holdsworth?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzgtrl4
    also whats the red pedal, holdsworth?
    It is the Allan Holdsworth overdrive/boost pedal from J. Rockett Audio Designs.

User Info Menu

Not technically a pedal board, but I don't use enough pedals to merit one. I've got a EHX Freeze coming soon and I'd like to upgrade my volume pedal at some point.

User Info Menu

Gabe, I wasn't much of a pedal user either. I used to play in rock and metal groups, but all I ever really used was distortion. Nothing else, no delay or anything else. I've gone through a lot of effects stuff (garbage and decent) including a digitech RP50 and a POD3 (the floor one), but I never used anything other than distortion. Ironically, it wasn't until I got into jazz that I really got into effects, after hearing guys like Rosenwinkel and Kreisberg use octave pedals, I really got into that, and the a lot of modern guys use delay now too, so I figured it was worth a shot to really get some cool stuff and work out how to use them, and it's going well! Don't forget about getting stuff you want just cause you don't know how to use it. I spent a lot of money on my stuff, and I was having doubts about it because I was scared of wasting my money because I wouldn't use the pedals to their full capacities, but I realize it's so fun to experiment. Not a waste at all.

User Info Menu

I'm still waiting for all the spaghetti, but in the meantime here's my box of tricks
    Show Your Pedalboards!-photo-3-jpg

User Info Menu

I have two boards but I am too lazy to take pictures of them and post honestly... But I can write them

Kort Pitchblack tuner/ Custom Rat with Mods / Custom TS and AC Booster in one, both with mods / Buffer with fx loop and an AMT-1 volume pedal in the loop for a small volume cut to soften the attack / Fromel Shape eq with several mods / Custom 2-Band Fully Parametric EQ Booster / (all this goes in front if the amp) / Lehle Parallel L with Mooer Trelicopter, Flashback Delay and HOF Reverb (goes in the fx loop). I am replacing the Flashback with an El Capistan one of these days.

The other board is for acoustic guitar / electric gutiars to PA / small gigs. VFE Rocket EQ with dual impedance mod for buffering / eq / boosting / Snark Tuner / Custom blender with fx loop that runs eqd dispatch master delay reverb / ADA DI, off as transparent di for acoustics and on as cab simulator for electrics; out of the chain if direct to amps; also a phone amp

I also have a small ABY, Ditto Looper for practice ad composing and a Barb eq to go in the loop of my amps.

User Info Menu

I use an Axe-fx ultra. But for grab and go small trio jazz gigs i have a polytone mini brute II and im building a small pedal board for that. The axe-fx is an amazing piece of gear forusre.

User Info Menu

Yes it is. I also use the Carl Martin Quattro if I travel and can't bring my amp. But doing local small jazz gigs I still bring my Axe-Fx II. I have a great old Deluxe Reverb that needs to go in the shop. It'd be great and convenient to bring that and the Quattro, but I just prefer hauling the AF2.

User Info Menu

Cool Henry, I want to sell my ultra and get a II. Heard the cleans are really good in it! You have some good jazz patches? or use the stock ones? What speaker cab do you use with it?

User Info Menu

I change the cabs. I haven't delved too deeply into some of that. I like the 2x12 Blue, 2x12 Black 1x15 Empire Mix. I don;t use any stock ones. I spend too much time practicing the guitar and have neglected making too many presets. You?

User Info Menu

Hey Henry, i actually meant what physical cab do you take with you to gigs? Ya i use mostly the stock presets and then tweek them and go from there. Downloaded some IR's as well.

User Info Menu

LOL! Ah! Yeah. It's been so long since I put those cabs in there. I think they're Celestians or JBLs! I swear it was the mid 80s! Two 1x12 cabs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoshGuitar
    I'm still waiting for all the spaghetti, but in the meantime here's my box of tricks
    Show Your Pedalboards!-photo-3-jpg
    That is a sick board! (Not even thinking about the pedals, but the board itself!) I was actually considering making my own board, but I live in New York (no work space) and have no power tools. I just opted to buying a pedaltrain, which is good enough actually, I'm gonna buy a separate hardcase in case I need to travel with it.

User Info Menu

My EHX Freeze came today, really fun pedal!

I thought I'd explain how I'm using my pedal setup. The G3 is running exclusively for delays and reverbs, I bought it as it allows me to set up my delays as separate blocks, allowing me to split up where the delete falls upon the beat. The footswitch on the far left operates the global tap tempo. I used to run a large pedalboard with different delays and modulation effects but the G3 offers a more versatile pedal setup.

I need a pedal board soon as it's becoming a pain taking my pedals around for gigs.

User Info Menu

I didn't know zoom made pedals. I have one of their recorders. How is the quality on that?
    I always suggest making your own board, or pedaltrains. But for the amount of pedals you have, you should check out the Boss BCB-60. I consider it to be the least messy board around, but it's not too spacious, and not easy to customize.

User Info Menu

The sound quality is actually quite good considering how inexpensive the pedal was, it's on par with the equivalent boss delay pedals I'd say.

I used to have a Diago pedalboard that was great but was quite heavy, so I'll probably go for a pedaltrain jr, maybe a gator pedal tote considering that is less than half the price of the pedaltrain and they're also fairly sturdy.

User Info Menu

The gator tote with a gator g-mix bag is the best / cheapest solution I have found.

User Info Menu

Don't use it for the type of jazz gigs I work but lots of fun tones.
    I actually put it together with Eric Johnson's sound in mind.
    Does that and more in a pretty compact package.

Show Your Pedalboards!-jazz-pedalboard-jpg